Music Question

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Nukie
Lilith

Music Question

•      
  •      

Postby Nukie » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:00 pm

If this does not belong here, I apologize.

Does anyone know the name of the music playing in EoE, that starts when GNR ascends from Terminal Dogma and where GNK reaches out to Shinji?
-!

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: Music Question

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:13 am

Nukie wrote:If this does not belong here, I apologize.

Does anyone know the name of the music playing in EoE, that starts when GNR ascends from Terminal Dogma and where GNK reaches out to Shinji?
it called: "Come Sweet Death". that is if the song you asking about really starts when Shinji begins to strangle Asuka. it's name is also in german but i don't feel like typing it
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:25 am

kamiyoni wrote:
Nukie wrote:If this does not belong here, I apologize.

it called: "Come Sweet Death". that is if the song you asking about really starts when Shinji begins to strangle Asuka. it's name is also in german but i don't feel like typing it

He's talking about the song before it, not Komm Susser Tod. It's just choral, not instruments. I *think* on the S^2 works it's M-8, but don't quote me on it.

C4
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby C4 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:35 am

Ornette wrote:He's talking about the song before it, not Komm Susser Tod. It's just choral, not instruments. I *think* on the S^2 works it's M-8, but don't quote me on it.

It's M-4, and it's called "Escape to the Beginning"(Or, I think another translation had "Return to the Beginning", which I liked better). It's basically another version of "Mother is the First Other", and shouldn't be confused with the choral only version of the same song which plays during Asuka's reunion with her mother which is called, "From Emergency Refuge Into Regression".

In summary: "Escape to the Beginning"

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:30 am

C4 wrote:(Or, I think another translation had "Return to the Beginning", which I liked better)

That might have been one of my ancient brain-farts (which collectively refuses to vanish from the Internets). Touhi is "escape/flight".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”