19th-32nd angels?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Baraqijal
Embryo

19th-32nd angels?

•      
  •      

Postby Baraqijal » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:01 am

Something that's been bugging me for a while, if Kaworu, the 17th angel and Rei, the 18th angel (its my assumption that if Rei had appeared on her own like Kaworu did, she would be identified solely as the 18th angel, instead of all of the humanity) have the souls of Adam, the 1st angel and Lilith, the 2nd angel, could it be possible to take the souls of Sachiel through Armisael and make albino angel clones out of them? Or is it only possible through Adam and Lilith because they can bear life?
This is me after watching EVA TV EP 26...FIRST.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: 19th-32nd angels?

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:11 am

Baraqijal wrote:Rei, the 18th angel (its my assumption that if Rei had appeared on her own like Kaworu did, she would be identified solely as the 18th angel, instead of all of the humanity)

The show identifies humanity (Lilim) as the 18th Angel, not Rei. Therefore, Rei is not the 18th Angel -- Lilim are.

could it be possible to take the souls of Sachiel through Armisael and make albino angel clones out of them?

The so-called "albinism" of Rei and (especially) Kaworu seems to have more to do with "paleness" + "red eyes" = "Seed of Life" than the actual condition known as albinism. Unless we mean to categorize Adam and Lilith themselves as albinos.

That pet peeve aside, Adam's case demonstrates that it's possible to salvage an "Adam-type" soul into a Lilim-shaped vessel (albeit one generated by Adam herself), so I suppose you can conjure up fanfic-ready scenarios for the Angels' souls if you like.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Baraqijal
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Baraqijal » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:52 am

Reichu wrote:
Baraqijal wrote:Rei, the 18th angel (its my assumption that if Rei had appeared on her own like Kaworu did, she would be identified solely as the 18th angel, instead of all of the humanity)

The show identifies humanity (Lilim) as the 18th Angel, not Rei. Therefore, Rei is not the 18th Angel -- Lilim are.

could it be possible to take the souls of Sachiel through Armisael and make albino angel clones out of them?

The so-called "albinism" of Rei and (especially) Kaworu seems to have more to do with "paleness" + "red eyes" = "Seed of Life" than the actual condition known as albinism. Unless we mean to categorize Adam and Lilith themselves as albinos.

That pet peeve aside, Adam's case demonstrates that it's possible to salvage an "Adam-type" soul into a Lilim-shaped vessel (albeit one generated by Adam herself), so I suppose you can conjure up fanfic-ready scenarios for the Angels' souls if you like.

Never thought about that. So, what does that make Rei? A different variation of what Kaworu is?

I know they're not really albino, I was just using the term to point out that if my theory happened, they would all look similar in this way.

Yeah, I have a few actually. I don't think they're very imaginative, though. But I'm asking if the concept of this would be possible using merely examples that revealed in the series.

So, with that in mind, would it be possible to construct EVAs from them (similar to the construction of Units 00-04 from Adam and Lilith)?
This is me after watching EVA TV EP 26...FIRST.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:02 am

Never thought about that. So, what does that make Rei? A different variation of what Kaworu is?

Kaworu is an offspring of Adam whose genesis was initiated by the genes of a Lilim donor. You can do some research on Rei and decide which theory for Rei 1's genesis you like the best.

I know they're not really albino, I was just using the term to point out that if my theory happened, they would all look similar in this way.

I'm not sure if they would or not. It depends on exactly what is responsible for Rei and Kaworu's pale/red-eyed condition.

So, with that in mind, would it be possible to construct EVAs from them (similar to the construction of Units 00-04 from Adam and Lilith)?

Whether Lilith contributed any more than a womb (literally or less so) is a matter of dispute.

That aside -- making "Evas" from Adam's children? I'm not sure what the point would be, but, theoretically, if you cloned Sachiel or one of the others, you'd end up with a humanoid like Adam (or an Eva). Assuming that all of the factors responsible for initiating and powering metamorphosis are removed from the picture.

Due to the limited discussion potential, I'm moving this to Chit-Chat.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”