Your console sucks.

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

MaggotMaster
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sep 10, 2006
Location: Proletarier aller L

[Video Games] Your console sucks.

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby MaggotMaster » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:17 am

The PS3 is brown and huge and expensive and has no games except MOTOSTROM

The Wii is for babies and is a huge gimmick

the 360 is useless and makes lots of noise, it's also huge just not as huge as the PS3

PC gaming is dead

Everything else is either old or not well known and if you play it you're a pretentious douche who wants to be old school by emulating the SNES on your computer without ever owning the actual console.

Videogames are for babies

ITT we are console warriors
I'M TRYING TO CONVERT YOU TO COMMUNISM WITH MY GODLESS SOCIALIST INTERNET BRAIN WAVES YOU CAPITALIST PIG DOG

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma
User avatar
Posts: 6301
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Attending Physician - AKA: Hell
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:28 am

"You think your Commodore 64 is really neato, what kinda chip you got there, a Dorito?"
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:56 am

*is Wii60*

:D
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

AchtungAffen
Banned
User avatar
Age: 38
Posts: 1728
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
Location: Sur, pared
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:43 am

I haven't gamed in ages. For the single reason that once you end playing, you've got nothing left from it. I mean, gaming didn't create something that went beyond the gaming session. I started preferring other forms of more productive entertainment, doing stuff that will exist beyond the moment of entertainment. Stuff such as doing things for a website or writing, etc... I have this perspective probably because I never played multiplayer games, but well.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

MaggotMaster
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sep 10, 2006
Location: Proletarier aller L

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby MaggotMaster » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:16 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:I haven't gamed in ages. For the single reason that once you end playing, you've got nothing left from it. I mean, gaming didn't create something that went beyond the gaming session. I started preferring other forms of more productive entertainment, doing stuff that will exist beyond the moment of entertainment. Stuff such as doing things for a website or writing, etc... I have this perspective probably because I never played multiplayer games, but well.


MOTOSTROMO

IT'S BROWN YOU SHOULD TRY IT IF YOU LIKE BROWN AND FLYING DIRT AND CONSOLES THAT DON'T FIT IN YOUR ROOM
I'M TRYING TO CONVERT YOU TO COMMUNISM WITH MY GODLESS SOCIALIST INTERNET BRAIN WAVES YOU CAPITALIST PIG DOG

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul
User avatar
Posts: 690
Joined: Jan 02, 2007
Location: Asuka's pants
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Rommel » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:08 pm

I'm guessing you've never played Gears of War.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma
User avatar
Posts: 6301
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Attending Physician - AKA: Hell
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:35 pm

Gears of War > anything on PS3
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos
User avatar
Posts: 4478
Joined: Jul 21, 2006
Location: Mother Base, Mitakihara Waters
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BobBQ » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 pm

Yes, folks; the only platform worth playing on is the pre-OS X Macintosh.

ferrarimanf355
Sachiel
User avatar
Age: 35
Posts: 230
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
Location: Seacrest County
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby ferrarimanf355 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:46 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:Gears of War > anything on PS3

You haven't lived until you used the chainsaw bayonet on an unsuspecting Locust grub and the blood splatters all over the camera. 8)
myspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobig... I am a banana!

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1294
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TriLink » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:42 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:uncontrollable diahrrea > anything on PS3

Fixed!
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

ferrarimanf355
Sachiel
User avatar
Age: 35
Posts: 230
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
Location: Seacrest County
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby ferrarimanf355 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:53 pm

TriLink12 wrote:
BrikHaus81 wrote:uncontrollable diahrrea > anything on PS3

Fixed!

Agreed. 8)
myspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobigmyspoonistoobig... I am a banana!

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:13 pm

You may mock the PS3 if you like, but have we not forgotten about MGS4?
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma
User avatar
Posts: 6301
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Attending Physician - AKA: Hell
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:23 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:You may mock the PS3 if you like, but have we not forgotten about MGS4?

As previously mentioned: uncontrollable diarrhea > anything on PS3

One time while playing MGS2, I actually fell asleep during one of the many lengthy dialog scenes. I guess I don't really see the point in paying $60 for a mediocre movie with about 5 hours of actual gameplay. Metal Gear is dead to me :wink:
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:29 pm

You should play the far superior MGS3, then. =P Though I loved MGS2.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
User avatar
Posts: 1200
Joined: Jan 04, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:18 pm

Only games I would get for the ps3 if I did get one would be DMC4, MGS4, and dynasty warriors if they do a good job of it.

MaggotMaster
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 1270
Joined: Sep 10, 2006
Location: Proletarier aller L

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby MaggotMaster » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:33 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:Only games I would get for the ps3 if I did get one would be DMC4, MGS4, and dynasty warriors if they do a good job of it.

Have I made a joke about brown and the PS3 and Motorstorm yet?

Just wondering.
I'M TRYING TO CONVERT YOU TO COMMUNISM WITH MY GODLESS SOCIALIST INTERNET BRAIN WAVES YOU CAPITALIST PIG DOG

CyborgZeta
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 78
Joined: Oct 23, 2006

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby CyborgZeta » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:40 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:You should play the far superior MGS3, then. =P Though I loved MGS2.
I agree with this man. *is also Wii60*

Besides, Gears of War was meh anyway. I've just stuck to playing my DS lately.
"Without courage all virtues lose their meaning." - Winston Churchill

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon
User avatar
Posts: 536
Joined: Aug 06, 2006
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Mundane » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:35 pm

I didn't find Gears of War amazing, IMO.

Another FPS on the Xbox, did not see it coming. Are people so easily distracted by a "LOLCHAINSAW" to say something is better than another system? Apparently so.

Go back to "LOLCHAINSAW"'ing online, it won't work as everybody uses the Sniper, the Shotgun, or the Torque Bow.

Dead Rising, was however, infinitely fun. Gears of War is way overrated, much like Halo was, and still is.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1294
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby TriLink » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:09 pm

The graphics in Gears of War were incredible, but I thought the gameplay was rather ho hum.

Mundane wrote:Another FPS on the Xbox

It's actually a 3rd person shooter, just to nitpick.

Go back to "LOLCHAINSAW"'ing online, it won't work as everybody uses the Sniper, the Shotgun, or the Torque Bow.

I couldn't stand the online mode. Again, the graphics were awesome, but it lacked replayability and everytime someone did the whole "LOLCHAINSAW" bit they were rather dickish about it.

Thank god there's no chainsaw in Halo. Gods knows all those 12 year olds would never shut up.

Dead Rising, was however, infinitely fun. Gears of War is way overrated, much like Halo was, and still is.

Amen brother. Although I have both games, I enjoyed Dead Rising way more than GOW (the sheer number of enemies in that game is just incredible)
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel
User avatar
Posts: 610
Joined: Feb 25, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Fearthebait » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:09 pm

I'm just waiting for halo 3 for 360, probably gonna be best selling game of all time
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!


Return to “Video Games and Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests