[LAEM] Pick the cast...

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:45 pm

nozunam wrote:hayley williams as Asuka.

She looks like Ziggy Stardust in the first pic.

But aside from that, she would be perfect.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Wed May 13, 2009 11:58 pm

Epic bump, but who thinks Tadanobu Asano would be perfect as Gendo? Hopefully, Japan will have its day to make a Evangelion Liveaction movie.

Last edited by backseatjesus on Thu May 14, 2009 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Thu May 14, 2009 1:41 am

Hugh Laurie as Gendo

Liam Neeson as Fuyutsuki

DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Thu May 14, 2009 3:52 am

No-one pulls off brow-beaten world-weariness quite like Neeson.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu May 14, 2009 6:38 am

I mention Laurie a few pages ago and I like the idea of Liam Neeson as Fuyutsuki though.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Thu May 14, 2009 11:10 am

master_lloyd wrote:No-one pulls off brow-beaten world-weariness quite like Neeson.

That's one of the many reasons he's my pick for Fuyutsuki. He's good at portraying someone who is weary and burdened, but at the same time he's good at playing mature, compassionate characters, and I've always seen Fuyutsuki as being sort of the antithesis to Gendo in that way.

etjusticepourtous
Adam

Postby etjusticepourtous » Thu May 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Timstuff wrote:Hugh Laurie as Gendo

Liam Neeson as Fuyutsuki

Asuka as Scarlet Johansson

Ryoji Kaji as Reeves

Misato as Winona Ryder

Ritsuko as Charlize Theron

Rei as Winona Ryder

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu May 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Keep Reeves out of the movie project as possible. I know their was Unit 01 toy in the Day that the Earth stold remake but his acting skills would not fit as Kaji.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Liliana Mumy as Asuka, she's the daughter of a certain Babylon 5 actor for those who don't know her. She currently stars on The Cleaner. :smokin:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu May 14, 2009 9:49 pm

She does look a bit like her. I still think Jessie Cave would be good for the role as Asuka.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu May 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Guyver Spawn wrote:I still think Jessie Cave would be good for the role as Asuka.

Too old, as nearly all listed here are, even Liliana Mumy will be pushing it pretty soon. (:|
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Fri May 15, 2009 1:33 am

22 isn't that old for a teen role. The fact the movie probably has a few years to go in development hell likely puts just about any actor older than 18 out of the running, and that's being fairly optimistic. I'm not terribly fussy about how old the actors are though, as long as they look like they can pass as high school students.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri May 15, 2009 9:45 am

Timstuff wrote:22 isn't that old for a teen role. The fact the movie probably has a few years to go in development hell likely puts just about any actor older than 18 out of the running, and that's being fairly optimistic.

That's what I'm referring to, the film is still a ways off, and then with the Trilogy and all will still take several more years for all the shooting to be finished.

If they start out too old, it's likley they'll run into the same dilemma Harry Potter did with Christian Coulson, not mention ADV was already citing Emma Watson as "too old" to play Asuka when she was only 16. (:|

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Fri May 15, 2009 10:01 am

Timstuff wrote:22 isn't that old for a teen role. The fact the movie probably has a few years to go in development hell likely puts just about any actor older than 18 out of the running, and that's being fairly optimistic. I'm not terribly fussy about how old the actors are though, as long as they look like they can pass as high school students.

True. Thats what they did with Shia LeBouf in Transformers. And no matter how old he actually is he will always look like a high school kid to me. :)

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Fri May 15, 2009 11:09 am

Alaska Slim wrote:If they start out too old, it's likley they'll run into the same dilemma Harry Potter did with Christian Coulson, not mention ADV was already citing Emma Watson as "too old" to play Asuka when she was only 16. (:|

ADV wasn't the ones saying Emma Watson was too old. That was something Anno said when he was asked about the movie, but I think that was mostly because he's a dirty old man (unless he was merely assuming the movie was like 10 years away). :heehee:

Honestly though, I am not really expecting them to be "age accurate" to the anime in terms of the casting. They'll be saving themselves a lot of headaches if they make the characters be 15 instead of 14 and get 18-20 year old actors to play them, and if necessary they can say they're 16 in the sequels. First of all, at that age there aren't going to be any awkward surprises like voice changes, and secondly, it'd make it a lot easier to work around the adult themes of the story, since with adult actors there's no red tape to cut through. And of course, there's the whole issue of the plug suits, which will be much easier for people to accept the appearance of if the actors are "legal." :wink:

It's a lot easier to find 18-20ish actors who still look like teens than it is to find teenage actors who aren't going to have any awkward surprises like a massive voice change or a DUI, which is why it's pretty common to cast 18-20ish actors in projects like this rather than actual teens. Also, as I pointed out there's a lot of legal hassle that can be avoided in terms of working permits, and what kind of scenes the actors can legally participate in.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri May 15, 2009 2:18 pm

etjusticepourtous wrote:Asuka as Scarlet Johansson

I never knew Asuka could play the part of an actress.... :tonguegrin:

Seriously though I actually like the idea of some of those choices, although the Children should be played by somebody that looks around their age. I couldn't really see Winona as Misato, but maybe...
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri May 15, 2009 2:29 pm

I think Zack is like 22 years old but he was in 17 again. I think a actor or actress that is 20 or 21 can play a teen role.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri May 15, 2009 2:34 pm

I think a Dog should play Pen-Pen.
*slapped with a salmon*
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Fri May 15, 2009 2:45 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
etjusticepourtous wrote:Asuka as Scarlet Johansson

I never knew Asuka could play the part of an actress.... :tonguegrin:

Seriously though I actually like the idea of some of those choices, although the Children should be played by somebody that looks around their age. I couldn't really see Winona as Misato, but maybe...

How can Winona play both Misato and Rei at the same time? Also, how is Winona Ryder supposed to play a teenager? I think the fact that Keanu Reeves was on that list was meant to be an indicator of how seriously we were meant to take it... :tonguegrin:

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sharaz Destler » Sun May 17, 2009 9:24 am

Roger Waters as Kiel Lorenz.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”