[LAEM] Pick the cast...

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:23 am

GraveDigger wrote:Well I think, that if they did do live action Eva movie...I hope to god that they don't pick the kid, that played Harry Potter to play Shinji. Just the thought of that just makes my skin crawl, and you they will if they make a live action American Eva movie. But the American's they just might pick the all star cast, that includes 25 year old acters playing 13 year kids. Thats been done, okay maybe not 25 year old acters playing 13 year old kids, but you do get 20-25 year olds playing 15-18 year old part and that makes me made. :x
I hope that its CG, that would be cool to see, every body has seen the cartoon, why not CG it.
Now theres a new idea, why not just get weta to make everybody CG, thus allowing original character desingns (Not the first time Sadamoto has transfered 2D to 3D, see the .hack games) and we could just find better actors then in the dub and blamo! Instant cool movie. Unless it's like the Spirts Withen......
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:06 am

EVA-01X wrote:Unless it's like the Spirts Withen......

Why everybody hates that movie???
*insert cool signature here*

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:12 am

I didn't hate the movie itself, just the fact that it had absloutly nothing to do with final fantasy in anyway whatsoever. It was an excellent sci-fi movie though I thought but if eva ends up like it some heads are gonna roll
^Clicky for Evamade!

GraveDigger
Embryo

Postby GraveDigger » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:14 am

I wasn't saying that, they should keep the actors as the dub or the show. If they CG it, and get new actors for the parts then it might be a very good movie. And yes I have seen the .hack games, not a big rollplaying guy. But I know what your tring to say.
Stop pissing me off - I'm running out of places to bury the bodies.

GraveDigger
Embryo

Postby GraveDigger » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:19 am

The movie Final Fantasy The Spirts Within, was what I herd to be the story befor the games. I don't know if its true or not, I thought it was good. I f they did the Eva movie like that, that would be cool to see.
Stop pissing me off - I'm running out of places to bury the bodies.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:00 pm

This is a "Live Action" movie. It will not be CG.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:49 am

I don't like going off-topic, but when you say that FF:TSW sucked, there's something you have to remember: it was writen by Americans. The story concept was the brainchild of its director Hironobu Sakaguchi, and when you look at the overall concept, you realize that it's not all that bad, and could have been a lot better. The thing that kills the movie is its dialogue, and I think the reason a lot of people were disappointed, not just FF fans but most American viewers as well, were because of its total lack of progressional creativity. It looked gorgeous and intriguing, and actually moved quite beautifully. Its problem, though, is that despite all of the work it took to make it, it was a very standard script. Flat, cold, and better suited to a live-action HBO special than a CG motion picture with said license attached to it. Despite all the Japanese names rolling in the credits (who, other than the director, really just did the visual effects and some basic planning) when you actually listen to the movie, you realize it is a purely American movie, with a concept choked by easy-to-grasp subconcepts. It is far from the wonderment of Final Fantasy, and shockingly close to the likes of Armageddon and The Core.

I must sound like a total homeland-basher, but that's my view of that issue. It doesn't prove that we make bad films, but it's a fine example of how our own expectations can keep us from even being entertained. With great visual acheivement comes an even greater need for something completly escapist and unreal, and the result of the whole venture ended up being something that even average Americans found too tame to stomach.

Back to you, topic.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:34 am

Right good point there. Umm... James Earl Jones as Gendo? For or against?
^Clicky for Evamade!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:28 pm

If James Earl Jones were the Gendo character, the Shinji character would have to be, what, thirty-three years old? :lol:

_get some help

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:59 pm

Oops... wrong thread there.... the whole CG thing threw me off.

Hexon.Arq wrote:If James Earl Jones were the Gendo character, the Shinji character would have to be, what, thirty-three years old?
And Black too...
^Clicky for Evamade!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:08 pm

Sorry, my fault. I shouldn't have rambled about that movie in this thread. But anyway, that's why I said character. If Gendo's black, he will probably cease to be Gendo; the same goes for Shinji. I could make a race-for-the-sake-of-name rant out of this, but I feel I've done that enough already; my point has been drawn out long enough.

_get some help

Crazyman42
Lilith

Postby Crazyman42 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:10 pm

I know you want the black topic to end, but if you get someone like Samuel L Jackson or Laurence fishbourne to play gendou, it could work.

I think picking kids woul dbe the hardest choices. I agree with Eva Monkey whole heartly that Hilary Duff should NOT play ANYTHING.

I think they should do what they did in Aliens to pick the children. To find noot they went aroudn to tons of schools. They found the girl because she was like the character noot. I think they should look for a Shinji character, a really silent non emotion kid for Rei and well Asuka would be the toughest I think.

I agree with wildarms on the Lucy Lui for Misato though.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby EVA-01X » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:21 pm

Well, yes I agree with the fact that the black topic should end. (And if I offended anyone with it I'm sorry) and I also agree with your casting decisions as well. That would be a great way to find somebody who could play that part. But.... where are you going to find a silent albino?
^Clicky for Evamade!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:58 pm

Black topic? There was a back topic? I was talking about the Japanese names, but okay. Anyway, casting the children based on matching personality types might be a good approach, though not if you are also looking for the same disposition. Too similar, and you'd never even find a Shinji who would ever want to be in a movie, you know? Personality in conversation? Yes. In life. I think these kids are going to have to be much more bubbly than their characters if they are ever going to sustain themselves through the experience. And as for finding them in schools, or public in general. even though I'm not involved, don't think I haven't kept an eye out from time to time. (Though I probably look like a weirdo.)

Lucy Liu as Misato?... Do you think she'd be up to that role? I can't recall anything that involving and demanding for her. Besides, she's Lucy Liu, and as Misato, she'd still be Lucy Liu. (And personall,y I don't think she looks anything like Misato, and no, I'm not talking about the anime character.)

_get some help

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Karma Burn » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:35 pm

I say slap a wig on Patrick Stewart and we have a Gendo-esque character.
"Everyone but me has gone fucking nuts. I'm the eye of the goddam storm." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (Or a very irrate Fuyutsuki)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:29 am

Patrick Stewart was in X-Men or i'm wrong?

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Karma Burn » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:57 am

Yeah, he played Professor Xavier.
"Everyone but me has gone fucking nuts. I'm the eye of the goddam storm." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (Or a very irrate Fuyutsuki)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:37 pm

Patrick Stewart would be nice as a member of the Committee, assuming their roles were a little... bigger. (Which I think they should be.)

Um,... doesn't this guy look like Kaji?

_get some help

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:49 pm

He does. Who is he?

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Karma Burn » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:59 pm

Yeah, I suppose he does. But dear God, he one huge pretty boy! Reminds me of Johnny Depp.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”