What Do You Think Rebuild will have?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:24 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote: I suppose you'll be telling me the kick she gave Shinji in episode 09 was justified. .
Two wrongs do not make a right my friend. Unless Asuka was a serial killer, she didn't deserve what happened to her.

BTW- We're getting SOOOO Off-Topic with this. Let us not proceed further, lest we face the wrath of the mods.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:29 pm

I'm really hoping the new movie will be worth the watch.

My guess is that there will be new voice dubs? Cause they won't sound the same lol it's been what, 10 years lol!

Btw, glad to be a new member of the forums!
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:30 pm

TriLink12 wrote:Two wrongs do not make a right my friend. Unless Asuka was a serial killer, she didn't deserve what happened to her.

I was primarily referring to the mind rape which I find perfect irony, all the psychological baggage she flung at other people comming back at her.

BTW- We're getting SOOOO Off-Topic with this. Let us not proceed further, lest we face the wrath of the mods.

Oh yeah, like Reichu has any room to talk.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:35 pm

i think they could easily bring back the original dubs. they did that radio show last year and it sounded pretty much right on.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:37 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:I was primarily referring to the mind rape which I find perfect irony, all the psychological baggage she flung at other people comming back at her.

I actually thought it was sad when she got slaughtered... but then again, you could say she had something coming to her.
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:39 pm

at the point she died she had already redeemed herself from past sins, she had revived herself from her depression and I'm betting if she had defeated the EVA series and there was no 3I she would have changed dramatically.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:39 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:My guess is that there will be new voice dubs? Cause they won't sound the same lol it's been what, 10 years lol!
ADV couldn't get all of the original voice actors to return for End of Evangelion. The odds of them coming back for the Rebuild movies a decade later are...well...not good. To quote AWL-"They pretty much dropped off the face of the planet". Besides, why would you want them back?

Btw, glad to be a new member of the forums

WELCOME!!! :D

AEF wrote:I was primarily referring to the mind rape which I find perfect irony, all the psychological baggage she flung at other people comming back at her.
I still think it was a bit much, but considering your personal experiences you described earlier, I can see where your coming from.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:41 pm

i wonder what i would do if that happened to me.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm

TriLink12 wrote:ADV couldn't get all of the original voice actors to return for Platinum. The odds of them coming back for the Rebuild movies a decade later are...well...not good. To quote AWL-"They pretty much dropped off the face of the planet". Besides, why would you want them back?

FIXED! Manga dubbed EoE not ADV Image.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:44 pm

TriLink12 wrote:
AEF wrote:I was primarily referring to the mind rape which I find perfect irony, all the psychological baggage she flung at other people comming back at her.
I still think it was a bit much, but considering your personal experiences you described earlier, I can see where your coming from.

Thanks for the welcome!

I agree, the whole thing about her getting slaughtered was a little too much (I got a few tears :( ), maybe a slap in the face or something, but that no.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:46 pm

i really hated that scene of her fighting to the end while Shinji sat by doing nothing until she finally couldn't go on, only to be rewarded by being completely slaughtered, really sad.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:47 pm

Fearthebait wrote:i really hated that scene of her fighting to the end while Shinji sat by doing nothing until she finally couldn't go on, only to be rewarded by being completely slaughtered, really sad.

Well he couldn't do anything... his Eva had that red stuff on it(I forgot the word!)

Ps. excuse my lack of sufficient NGE knowledge as to I just saw it a few days ago :)
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:48 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:FIXED! Manga dubbed EoE not ADV Image.

I always get the two mixed up considering they share many of the same voice actors.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:49 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:
Fearthebait wrote:i really hated that scene of her fighting to the end while Shinji sat by doing nothing until she finally couldn't go on, only to be rewarded by being completely slaughtered, really sad.

Well he couldn't do anything... his Eva had that red stuff on it(I forgot the word!)

Ps. excuse my lack of sufficient NGE knowledge as to I just saw it a few days ago :)

true, but as soon as he realized she really died because he didn't try to help the EVA moved for him. I'm sure Yui would have moved sooner if she saw Shinji really wanted to save Asuka

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:the whole thing about her getting slaughtered was a little too much

Wrong episode, think 22.

Fearthebait wrote:i really hated that scene of her fighting to the end while Shinji sat by doing nothing until she finally couldn't go on

You know he couldn't do anything right? EVA-01 was covered in bakelite and even if it wasn't Yui had plans and wasn't budging until they were ready to be set in motion, namely Kyoko out of the way.

TriLink12 wrote:I always get the two mixed up considering they share many of the same voice actors.

Well that just goes to show the country needs more voice actors. You did get it half right, ADV needed to hire new voice actors for the NPCs

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:52 pm

Fearthebait wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:

true, but as soon as he realized she really died because he didn't try to help the EVA moved for him. I'm sure Yui would have moved sooner if she saw Shinji really wanted to save Asuka

I'm sure in some way she would have been slaughtered though... or he would have been captured earlier or something cause the Other Evas would have just revived again and 3I would have still happend.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:54 pm

ironically you never really see what the other EVAs are doing for the majority of 3I until the very end where they join him in space. Then again his ego barrier broke when he saw Asuka slaughtered. If he had saved her he probably would not have flipped out like he did.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:56 pm

Fearthebait wrote:ironically you never really see what the other EVAs are doing for the majority of 3I until the very end where they join him in space. Then again his ego barrier broke when he saw Asuka slaughtered. If he had saved her he probably would not have flipped out like he did.

But she would have probably still turned into LCL in the end.

or

She would still be a sitting duck and used as bait if he did fight, remember the other Evas came back to life. Either way something would have happened to her.

3I would still happend.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fearthebait » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:58 pm

but he had the power to completely destroy them, she only lost due to running out of power and getting owned with the lance. He had the S2 engine and if forced to fight to defend Asuka, would have not stopped until he completely killed them all. I cannot say anything as certainty, but I know if I cared for someone thats exactly what I would do.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:04 pm

Fearthebait wrote:but he had the power to completely destroy them, she only lost due to running out of power and getting owned with the lance. He had the S2 engine and if forced to fight to defend Asuka, would have not stopped until he completely killed them all. I cannot say anything as certainty, but I know if I cared for someone thats exactly what I would do.

You do have a point there... but his self esteem was his biggest issue, so he just quit and lost hope. Until Yui responded with her arm and everything.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”