Super Mario Bros Wonder

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Super Mario Bros Wonder

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Jun 22, 2023 12:11 am

If there’s one thing I like more than Evangelion, it’s Mario. I’m super hyped for this and Super Mario RPG.
I really like the new art style. The use of pastel colors goes hand in hand with what I imagine a 2023 Super Mario Bros game should be like: an interactive cartoon. That's why I also really liked the new character models. They are really expressive.
More importantly, I'm glad Nintendo is taking risks with this one. The game is apparently not set in the mushroom kingdom, but in a new place with never-before-seen inhabitants (the flower kingdom, maybe?)
The level design in particular looks wild, with lots of new mechanics like those rails that Mario can use to go faster and those flowers that make everything go crazy. That, in particular, is insane and they said we can expect a lot of weird things from it.
The last thing that captured my attention was the number of playable characters. Daisy and Yoshi are finally playable (Mario can get on top of him mid stage) alongside Peach who’s not the damsel in distress. Mario and company seem to have new base abilities too, like floating, and will be turning themselves into elephants lol!
Overall, I’m pretty excited. Feels like a worthy successor to the classics and even the name is cool.

SPOILER: Show
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Super Mario Bros Wonder

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:40 pm

I just threw my credit card at the screen after I saw this game on the Nintendo Direct :lol:

Let's appreciate him:
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Super Mario Bros Wonder

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:27 am

Now that it's out, I can say that it's a very very good game. Kind of like Super Mario World (actually my second favorite game of all time) but turned on its head. It has that "alternative universe" vibe that we see in things like Dragon Ball GT and even NTE. More than that, it controls great (I love the moveset variety that comes with the badges and moves from SMW), looks fantastic and has great level design. The wonderflower is a wonderful addition.
I recomend this game. It's probable my favorite this year...
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”