What would have Asuka been like if she has been given love and care?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

What would have Asuka been like if she has been given love and care?

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:28 pm

It’s one of those what if scenarios that I’ve been thinking lately.

Basically, her troubles and her whole being stems from the extreme lack of care and affection she so craves. So this raises the question; what would she have been like if she was given the proper care and love as everyone else? Would she have been more different? More mentally stable maybe?
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Asunji_Yuko
Adam

Re: What would have Asuka been like if she has been given love and care?

•      
  •      

Postby Asunji_Yuko » Tue May 23, 2023 6:31 am

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:It’s one of those what if scenarios that I’ve been thinking lately.

Basically, her troubles and her whole being stems from the extreme lack of care and affection she so craves. So this raises the question; what would she have been like if she was given the proper care and love as everyone else? Would she have been more different? More mentally stable maybe?

I think most likely yes.
She would still be really gung ho and abrasive to a degree, but probably not someone who pours all her self worth into one particular skill.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue May 23, 2023 5:55 pm

basic personality traits are fairly inborn so she would probably still be loud, confident, ambitious etc. just not to an exaggerated degree & with better coping mechanisms.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Tue May 23, 2023 6:25 pm

I think that Asuka could use more love and sympathy. I know all the posts I made about her before weren’t so positive, I decided to try something a little more of an opposite of what I did before.

The girl doesn’t get much love and attention. If she given proper parental care, she probably would have been a better person.

SPOILER: Show
As for Shikinami…well, she never had any parents to begin with. So what she needs is a real family, and to give her the family surname, and a birth certificate so that she’s not just some specimen made in a lab. Or have these scientists be considered her birth parents, pending on who the genetic donor is.

Unfortunately, NERV was responsible for ruining her whole life, and were the core reasons for her all of her problems.

Both of her seiyus/voice actresses were right when they say that Asuka deserves happiness, as do everyone else.

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Wed May 24, 2023 9:48 pm

I get plenty of love and care and I'm still a brat. :devil:
Après moi le déluge!

Sefirot Tree Of Life
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sefirot Tree Of Life » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:07 pm

Asuka needs more then love and care, she needs a better childhood, better friends, and a better life. So many of her problems come from her childhood trauma and using piloting as her coping mechanism.

What would Asuka be like? Difficult to say since so much of her personality is created from her trauma and identity as a Pilot. Without it? Obviously more mentally stable. Not nearly as competitive, argumentative, and conflict causing. Better with people. Wouldn't react so negatively to...everything.

A couple of times in the series we see Asuka as much more relaxed and happy. She'd probably be like that. Very proud, but not vain. She'd be more full of herself in an endearing way. She'd probably still be spoiled and materialistic but she'd be much more affectionate and happy, and have more friends to. Gets along with everyone better to. Even with Rei!

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:52 pm

View Original PostSefirot Tree Of Life wrote:Asuka needs more then love and care, she needs a better childhood, better friends, and a better life. So many of her problems come from her childhood trauma and using piloting as her coping mechanism.

True. But that’s not saying that Asuka couldn’t get better after the events of the Third Impact. Give her enough time(and a great deal of therapy), she could make her first steps into becoming a better person, maybe patch up some fractured relationships with those that were close to her. That could just be wishful thinking, but it’s something I’d like to see.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”