How Habitable is the Earth post-Third Impact

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Asunji_Yuko
Adam

How Habitable is the Earth post-Third Impact

•      
  •      

Postby Asunji_Yuko » Sun May 14, 2023 8:00 pm

I am not sure whether the LCL in the water would be edible. I mean, primordial soup wouldn't be edible by humans from what I've read.
Then there's another question, was all life on Earth destroyed by the Third Impact? If so, how would any human be able to survive if they chose to come back?
I'm worried about Shinji and Asuka after they start getting thirsty on the beach. No, not that kind of thirsty, you sick fuck.

Asunji_Yuko
Adam

Re: How Habitable is the Earth post-Third Impact

•      
  •      

Postby Asunji_Yuko » Sat May 27, 2023 5:04 pm

You know, I just realized they could probably feed on and use Lilith/Rei's corpse for a few years. It's scavenging and cannibalism but I guess it's better than dying.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 28, 2023 4:46 pm

We see when GNR is collapsing that the Earth looks pretty much as before

the main problem is that mother of all tsunami we can see from where bits are splashing down on the Pacific.

Given the phase of the moon, weeks (at least) elapse between those impacts and Shinji's awakening on the shore, so that initial excitement will have died down - though the mantle-deep pit where Hakone used to be will be causing some interesting effects.

Of course, we know from episode 5 that Angels are made from some non-standard matter, and, given her sudden metamorphosis, so too might the Rei/Kaworu/Adam/Lilith synthesis. Pushing further, can we even be sure that the re-embodied pilots are standard humans any more? More of my speculations from long ago along those lines, and related to the topic, with this search
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Sun May 28, 2023 6:44 pm

Wouldn't the rest of the world be like... normal? Aside from all the LCL that's probably everywhere, it's not like the rest of the world is as f*cked up as Tokyo-3/what used to be Tokyo-3. I imagine scavenging for food and stuff wouldn't actually be that hard. People who do come back might have to be vegetarian for awhile, (I'm not sure how regular animals would choose to come back) but I feel like it's often over catastrophized how bad things are after EoE (which to be clear it is bad, but they're not 100% DOOMED)
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”