EVA-Trek: A Star Trek Crossover

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Allansfirebird
Embryo

EVA-Trek: A Star Trek Crossover

•      
  •      

Postby Allansfirebird » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:10 pm

In the 24th century, Shinji Ikari is summoned by his father, Captain Gendo Ikari of the USS Nerv, to join the ship's crew just as a dangerous new threat to the Federation presents itself. EVA-Trek aims to retell the events of Evangelion during the years 2371 and 2372 in Star Trek's "Prime Timeline."

It all started with a drawing and an idea: what if the characters and events of Evangelion happened in the world of Star Trek, and not only that - what if it were written just like a Star Trek series?

Back in summer of 2021, I had a sudden idea to do a simple drawing that combined Eva and Star Trek into one:
SPOILER: Show

At the time, I thought it would be a simple, one-and-done idea. As it turned out, I was incredibly wrong. By that fall, I'd done multiple illustrations putting Shinji and co into Star Trek's 24th century. This had the side-effect of me brainstorming ideas about how Eva could be integrated into the long tapestry of Trek. After consuming innumerable fics, such as Genocide, Advice and Trust, Nobody Dies, and others, I decided to write some fanfic of my own for the first time in my life.

Because I've spent years learning the screenwriting trade, I've put those skills to work on creating this series. Over winter 2022, I drafted up the outline for the pilot episode, created a sixty-page series bible that codified my various ideas into one source, and a series arc guide. I'm treating EVA-Trek as if I were writing one of the Rick Berman-era Star Trek series of the 1990's, down to replicating the script format used by the writers on TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise. After a lot of internal turmoil about whether my writing was any good, I rolled the dice and "premiered" the fic last June. Almost a year on, it's been some of the most fun and rewarding creative experience I've yet had.

The goal is to release a new script of the 26-episode season each month, culminating in a two-hour finale movie that is due to drop next spring, assuming I'm able to keep to my current release schedule. Each episode comes with bonus art that I've drawn over the last couple years - concepts, scenes, character designs, etc - as well as the occasional behind-the-scenes memo on the USS Nerv, the sets, and the crew. Additional footnotes are provided with each script for references that might be a little obscure. You'll notice I've combined characters from not just the OG show and the Rebuild films, but from some of the games as well. Along the way, there's been additional crossovers from The Orville and even Back to the Future.

One thing to note - because I want to preserve the script formatting and look for each episode, I'm uploading the episodes to Ao3 as image outputs from the source PDFs, which is why the word counts are deceptively low. Each script is at least 50-60 pages, or roughly an hour of screen time.

Episode Index - Updated 2024.03.29:
1x01 - Stardate 48312.9: New Way Home
1x02 - Stardate 48344.2: Enough Space
1x03 - Stardate 48399.4: Fraternity
1x04 - Stardate 48422.1: Come Alive
1x05 - Stardate 48497.2: Ain't it the Life
1x06 - Stardate 48566.4: The One
1x07 - Stardate 48587.7: Walking After You
1x08 - Stardate 48677.9: My Hero
1x09 - Stardate 48827.1: Normal
1x10 - Stardate 48902.5: Resolve
1x11 - Stardate 49011.2: Times Like These
1x12 - Stardate 49012.1: Good Grief
1x12.5 - Stardate Unknown: Beyond Me
1x13 - Stardate 49046.6: Lonely As You
1x14 - Stardate 49101.5: Learn to Fly
1x15 - Stardate 49120.1: Friend of a Friend
1x16 - Stardate 49120.4: Come Back
1x17 - Stardate 49176.6: Make it Right
1x18 - Stardate 49179.4: Breakout
1x19 - Stardate 49185.7: All My Life
1x20 - Stardate 49187.2: Show Me How
1x21 - Stardate 49199.9: Headwires
1x22 - Stardate 49212.9: Have it All
1x23 - Stardate 49237.3: Erase/Replace
1x24 - Stardate 49250.1: If Ever
1x25/26 - Stardate 49334.2: The Last Song

Special Features:
EVA-Trek Writer's Guide/"Show Bible"
EVA-Trek Soundtrack: Main Title Theme
EVA-Trek Soundtrack: Commercial Bumper & End Titles
Last edited by Allansfirebird on Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Drama is life with the dull bits cut out."
Sir Alfred Hitchcock (1899-1980)

Allansfirebird
Embryo

Re: EVA-Trek: A Star Trek Crossover

•      
  •      

Postby Allansfirebird » Fri May 12, 2023 6:35 pm

Welcome back to my slice of the 24th century mixed with a slice of mecha! This month brings a crossover episode with Deep Space Nine that I've been hoping to write for quite some time.

Sadly, I have to announce that I'm placing the series on an indefinite hiatus in solidarity with the Writers Guild of America strike. I cannot in good conscience continue to publish these scripts while the Guild fights for fair compensation for all screenwriters. The series shall return once the strike ends. In the meantime, I'm probably going to write a couple one-shot side-stories in prose format, and maybe release some of the non-spoilerific portions of the EVA-Trek writers guide.

Stardate 49012.1: Nerv stops at space station Deep Space Nine to aid with repairs in the wake of the Klingon attack. Amongst the activities are a promotion, some light espionage, and a life-altering experience.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/47134405

Next Time on EVA-Trek: "Lonely as You," release date pending the resolution of the Writers Guild strike.

Allansfirebird
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Allansfirebird » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:28 pm

Well, it's been a while, hasn't it? With the Writer's Strike finally concluded, I finally brought EVA-Trek back online the last couple weeks. Also during the strike, I had a chance to work on the opening and ending themes for the series, wrote a short story, and published portions of my writer's guide for the series.

Since I continued to work on the episodes during the strike, I've managed to get ahead of schedule, which means I'll be releasing new episodes twice a month through the end of the series. One cool thing about the new episodes is the placement of the theme music helps to add that feel of a real Star Trek episode airing on Paramount+.

Here's everything that's been posted up 'til now to get this thread back up to speed, from their original TV Guide listings:

[P+] EVA-Trek (CC) -- Science Fiction/Drama
Episode 1x12.5 - "Beyond Me"
Stardate Unknown: A short series of vignettes set aboard the USS Nerv, sometime after the events of episode 12.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/48588226

Episode 1x13 - "Lonely As You"
Stardate 49046.6: Cross-synchronization tests are interrupted by an angel attack, resulting in the kidnapping of one of the pilots.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/50812954

Episode 1x14 - "Learn to Fly"
Stardate 49101.5: Nerv is assigned a fourth Evangelion unit and a new pilot is chosen.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/51161689

Behind-the-Scenes Special Features:

The EVA-Trek Writer's Guide
The internal writer's "bible" I used as a guide when developing EVA-Trek, based on the bible for Star Trek: TNG. It covers the basic series premise, short character bios, and details of the series' main setting: the Galaxy-class USS Nerv, NCC-71855.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/47768983

EVA-Trek - The Original Soundtrack Album:

"EVA-Trek Main Title"
Based on the track "EVA-02" / "Ambassadrice Rouge".

https://archiveofourown.org/works/49458160

"Commercial Bumper" and "EVA-Trek End Titles"

https://archiveofourown.org/works/50112379

Allansfirebird
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Allansfirebird » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:48 pm

Episode 1x15 - "Friend of a Friend"
Stardate 49120.1: A suspicious new arrival to the USS Nerv is interrupted by an angel attack that may exact a higher price than anyone expects.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/51504247

Allansfirebird
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Allansfirebird » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:57 pm

Gone back and edited the episode link index to include episodes 16 through 21 that have been posted since the last time I updated the thread.

Slightly less than a couple months left now until the finale, which is the most complicated and longest script I've ever written. Everything's quickly coming together!

Allansfirebird
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Allansfirebird » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 pm

Episode links are now up for the final arc of what has now become EVA-Trek's FIRST season.

Return to “Fanfiction”