What about 3.0 and 3.0+1.0 CRC?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Cookie H Wilson
Adam

What about 3.0 and 3.0+1.0 CRC?

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:27 pm

Hi all
I was wondering did we ever get any info whatsoever about the publishing of the Complete Record Collection of the 3rd and 4th installment?
Also, were the 1.0 and 3.0 CRCs published also in English or other languages?
Thanks for any reply
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: What about 3.0 and 3.0+1.0 CRC?

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:48 pm

The 3.0 CRCs have started publishing, technically.
However we only got a volume that was screenshots of the film basically (3.333 version).

I think we were supposed to get further volumes with the usual production material last year, but it got seriously delayed it seems. They had their covers revealed and all, but no current release date.

The 3.0+1.0 CRC is confirmed too, but I imagine it won't come till after the 3.0 ones.

And these books have never been released in English.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:34 pm

@kuribo thank you very much!
Can you link me to the book you were talking about? Is the one with Kawo and Shinji sketched on the cover and it has just screen shots from 3.333?
― William S. Burroughs

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:34 pm

Yes, it's the book with Kaworu and Shinji on the cover. You can check out my review of that book here: Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q Zen Kiroku Zenshuu Visual Story Ban

I hope that helps! ^_^
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:39 pm

No problem!
And thanks for linking it Literary Eagle. ^^
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:25 pm

Bought both the 2 from 3.0 and the other 2 for thrice
On the overseas part of the Eva store that links you to buyee
When I get ‘em gonna post all of the pages so somebody will hopefully translate
― William S. Burroughs

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:57 pm

They're coming out eventually. The 1.0 and 2.0 CRCs were also released like this, it was Groundworks first and then the interview collection, making up the CRC at the end. You probably know they withheld the 3.0 CRC because it'd be too spoilerific for 3.0+1.0.

According to the interviewer for them (and previous ones also):

"There's quite a lot material that will make you go "ehh!?"

You asked about them being published in English and that's a no, although it's more likely they have been translated to Chinese and/or Korean. You omitted the 2.0 CRC from your question so I assume you thought of the gwern's collection of the 2.0 CRC, but that's all fan translations, *and* they're incomplete. Check out the wiki articles below, we actually got a missing portion of the 2.0 CRC translated (some were also just missing from gwern' archive), and major portions of the 1.0 CRC done also, which were fairly obscure (even though they were released in 2008), but very illuminating.

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_1. ... Collection

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_2. ... Collection
Last edited by FelipeFritschF on Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:34 pm

SPOILER: Show
View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:They're coming out eventually. The 1.0 and 2.0 CRCs were also released like this, it was Groundworks first and then the interview collection, making up the CRC at the end. You probably know they withheld the 3.0 CRC because it'd be too spoilerific for 3.0+1.0.

According to the interviewer for them (and previous ones also):

"There's quite a lot material that will make you go "ehh!?"

You asked about them being published in English and that's a no, although it's more likely they have been translated to Chinese and/or Korean. You omitted the 2.0 CRC from your question so I assume you thought of the gwern's collection of the 2.0 CRC, but that's all fan translations, *and* they're incomplete. Check out the wiki articles below, we actually got a missing portion of the 2.0 CRC translated (some were also just missing from gwern' archive), and major portions of the 1.0 CRC done also, which were fairly obscure (even though they were released in 2008, but very illuminating.

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_1. ... Collection

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_2. ... Collection

Thanks I bought the 2 from 3.0 and the other two for 3.0+1.0 they are available at the Eva store I bought the through Buyee
Once I get them I am gonna post the scans
― William S. Burroughs

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:30 am

:facepalm:
So silly I bought the Groundworks
Guess I am gonna sell ‘em all o eBay or somewhere
I was really convinced they were the CRC
― William S. Burroughs

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:27 am

https://www.khara.co.jp/2023/03/08/pse/

The official Colour book 'Project Shin Evangelion' (edited by Colour Co., Ltd.) is now available.

How was "Shin Evangelion the Movie" managed and executed as a project? The official book "Shin Eva" as a project, "Project Shin Evangelion", has been reviewed and verified by Colour Inc. itself, and Hideaki Anno has given a "project summary".

The book will include:
1. A project management report summarising the production status of "Shin Evangelion the Movie", including targets, processes, systems, costs, timeframes and the results of the introduction of pre-visualisation.
2. Interview with Hideaki Anno, General Director and Executive Producer of Shin Evangelion The Movie, on the 'Project Wrap-Up'.
3. Project summary" interview with Hideaki Anno, General Director and Executive Producer of "Shin Evangelion the Movie".
Kazuya Tsurumaki (director of Shin Evangelion the Movie), Masahiro Maeda (director), Kazuki Todoroki (assistant to the general director), Moyoco Anno (director of Colour), Tomoyuki Ogata (vice president of Colour), Ryosei Kawakami (external director of Colour), Katsuro Ogami (special effects director), Nozomu Takahashi (researcher at the NPO Anime Special Effects Archive Organisation) Project evaluation" interviews with nine people: Toshio Suzuki (producer and representative director of Studio Ghibli).
4. All participating staff credits for Shin Eva

Product information (planned).
Colour official book "Project Shin Evangelion" (edited by Colour Co., Ltd.)
-Achievements, Reflections, Evaluations, Summaries-.

A5 size, softcover / 256 pages (planned) / B&W / Paperback (*E-book version also planned)
Price: 1,760 yen (incl. tax) Main body price: 1,600 yen + tax
Scheduled release date: Late May
ISBN code: 978-4-905033-31-8
Published by Colour Inc.
Sales Groundworks Inc.
The images and book specifications are subject to change without notice.

So we're finally getting part of the CRC interviews released now.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:48 pm

hope there will still be enough ppl lurking 'round here to bother translating it
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

AlphaZero
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AlphaZero » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:44 pm

Wait a minute, if Shin's CRC ends up releasing in May does this mean it's going to come out before 3.0's CRC or are both movies in one?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat May 13, 2023 7:15 pm

They're delaying the 3.0+1.0 interview book to mid-July due to "increased content". I wager this might be because of the increased interest in -46h and -120min, which might be included here.

https://www.khara.co.jp/2023/05/12/20230512/

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:53 pm

Aaand it's coming out on July 14th.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:21 pm

Looking at those images I noticed the storyboard pages and god I wish we get a storyboard book sooner rather than later.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:09 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Looking at those images I noticed the storyboard pages and god I wish we get a storyboard book sooner rather than later.

I'm a bit confused, I was lead to believe Shin Eva wasn't storyboarded? Anno said something like he didn't want to do it in the Making Of documentary.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:47 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I'm a bit confused, I was lead to believe Shin Eva wasn't storyboarded? Anno said something like he didn't want to do it in the Making Of documentary.

I don't know if it was 100% his intention or if it was a sort of exaggerated quote. But they did a lot of traditional storyboarding too it seems.

All the Village-3 stuff the moycapped and decided which shots to use dynamically. But even in that Project Eva image you can see there's a close up of Rei that was traditionally drawn in storyboard form. Selected shots from the mocap are combined with these drawn shots to form what became the storyboard for this film.

I've seen some other pages here and there, it seems grand stuff like Wunder battles are drawn, and the scene of Mari rescueing Shinji at the end and coming out the water was also fully drawn by Anno.

But I'd still say this was pretty experimental overall.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:48 pm

Hey folks, I just want to say I will probably be able to get the interviews transcribed not long after release, and we should be able to get translations going soon after. I'm personally very interested in what they have to say but I'm sure it'll be a pretty massive body of text. So if you think/know anyone else that can help with it please ask them if they're interested.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:26 pm

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Hey folks, I just want to say I will probably be able to get the interviews transcribed not long after release, and we should be able to get translations going soon after. I'm personally very interested in what they have to say but I'm sure it'll be a pretty massive body of text. So if you think/know anyone else that can help with it please ask them if they're interested.

I can't help much, but I'm very interested in the interviews as well. Wishing you the best in getting these translated.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:04 am

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Hey folks, I just want to say I will probably be able to get the interviews transcribed not long after release, and we should be able to get translations going soon after. I'm personally very interested in what they have to say but I'm sure it'll be a pretty massive body of text. So if you think/know anyone else that can help with it please ask them if they're interested.

I appreciate the effort, doubt I can offer much support with my N5-tier Japanese however.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”