Fig thread #0 [old stuff merged]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:55 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:@TMBounty_Hunter: Didn't you tell me once that Kotobukiya make shit injection kits?

Well not "shit" really, I was probably over exagerating. The main thing is that if you're used to the glorious Bandai master race model kits everything else is guaranteed to seem pretty craptastic. Bandai has pretty much perfected their craft to the point where on some kits you barely have to do any work, just panel line and slap on a sticker for the eye or something.

By comparison Koto's model kits are still more like actual models and not fancy toys you get to put together yourself. Cheaper feeling plastic, parts don't fit perfectly down to the atomic level, looser joints, etc. They basically require a proper model building effort that most Bandai-spoiled people aren't willing to put in.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:11 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:They basically require a proper model building effort that most Bandai-spoiled people aren't willing to put in.

O boy...
SPOILER: Show
My Eva 00 Bandai kit... Like that since a LONG time ago...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:02 am

Awesome.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:11 am

Pictures of figure out of box? Please?

pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby pen-pen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:16 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Pictures of figure out of box? Please?

Hi Eva Monkey,

It's SOO..... precious I'm taking my swee....t time opening it. Right now it's STILL in the box in my display cabinet. I'm admiring the box art too...

I'll definitely post some photos as soon as it's out of the box....
Then again by that time somebody else might have done that already-lol
BOOMZ!

pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby pen-pen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:15 am

View Original Postdanlim7 wrote:Not forgetting my precious Rei Ayanami by Hot toys.

She looks be...autiful here....
BOOMZ!

Unit007
Embryo

anyone ordered from ToyWuala.com?

Postby Unit007 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:58 pm

This seems like a steal if its legit. Has anyone had experience with this site before?

[url]http://www.toywuala.com/tho/tr/product/neon-genesis-evangelion-the-death-rebirth-the-end-of-evangel-1004952.html[/url]

All of the movies in abox set for this cheap? And brand new to boot. Does anyone own this box set perfect collection? Is there a difference in the movies on this release and other releases? I really want to get this but don't want to get ripped off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:24 pm

That's a bootleg, based on how it looks. I'd advise against it and instead, hook yourself up with a Renewal movies fansub or the Renewal movies DVD set (in Japanese) if you can afford it: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KIBA-1009
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Unit007
Embryo

Postby Unit007 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Does the renewal movies dvd set include end of evangelion? It looks like in the description that its region 2 so that probably wont play in us dvd players will it? It has no subs or dubs in english though?

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby svenge » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 pm

View Original PostUnit007 wrote:Does the renewal movies dvd set include end of evangelion? It looks like in the description that its region 2 so that probably wont play in us dvd players will it? It has no subs or dubs in english though?

The KIBA-1009 (Dolby audio) and KIBA-1209 (DTS audio) Renewal releases both have End of Evangelion. However, they are indeed Region 2 discs (which won't play in US stand-alone players) and do not have any English audio or subtitle options.

Unit007
Embryo

Postby Unit007 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:20 am

I'm actually finding this same exact thing on a lot of sites for around the same price with that same picture. Wonder if the quality would be that bad on a bootleg? If that is what this is.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:37 am

It's a bootleg.

Look at everything else they sell. Basically none of it has the correct box art.

And even more obvious, it's a "region free" disc. And many of the other discs they sell have Chinese subtitles.

Don't support this scum with your money. If you want to watch something that you can't get legitimately, download it for free somewhere.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

braveheart
Embryo

Postby braveheart » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:02 am

From the looks of it, seems not legit

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”