EVAULT: The Evangelion fan video recovery and preservation project

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

WDS
Banned

EVAULT: The Evangelion fan video recovery and preservation project

•      
  •      

Postby WDS » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:20 pm

I'm shocked by how many fan-made videos have become permanently unavailable, forever lost to the void of deleted websites and dead hard drives.

Many videos were only available on file-sharing networks (FastTrack, Gnutenna etc). As Youtube gained popularity and these networks dwindled and died, those videos died with them.

Many videos were only available from their editors' websites. As those websites fell into disrepair and disappeared, so did those videos.

Many were uploaded to Youtube, only to be DMCA'd.

Many were saved to the Golden Donut, but a few of the videos that were once on the Donut have been taken down for unknown reasons.

I have decided that this situation is unacceptable. We must save what we can, while we can, even if the overwhelming majority of it is lazily made garbage. I'm spearheading EVAULT, an archive of every Evangelion music video, fake trailer, fandub parody etc. that I can get my hands on, which I plan to make publicly available via torrents or something. At the moment, it basically consists of a few videos that I saved from back in the early to mid-2000s, a few that Metalwolf was kind enough to send me, a few that I got from Youtube, and everything that can currently be downloaded from the Donut, for a total of over 1,300 files and climbing daily. For this project to be meaningful, however, I still need people to send me whatever they have that's not on the Donut. I'm especially anxious about finding the trailer for Wolf Corp's "Evangelion: What You Didn't Hear" fandub parody series, which included gems like this:

Most EVAULT-related activity currently takes place on the animemusicvideos.org Discord. Unfortunately, due to time and hard drive limitations, EVAULT can only be the Evangelion division of a larger fan video preservation and recovery movement. Anyone who wants this to be done for other anime will need to step up to the plate themselves.

metahades
Embryo

Re: EVAULT: The Evangelion fan video recovery and preservation project

•      
  •      

Postby metahades » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:21 pm

hello! I'm very interested in this project, I'm also working on an Evangelion preservation project, whatever you write, I'm the server leader (metahades):
https://discord.gg/t5gf4R2W2U

Return to “Fan Works”