Maya Ibuki appreciation thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Parkagirl
Embryo

Maya Ibuki appreciation thread

•      
  •      

Postby Parkagirl » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:06 pm

I just wanted to say how much I love Maya's character in the TV series. Even in the (many) sequences in which an Eva test goes horribly wrong, something about her presence on-screen is kind of calming somehow. Also, the way she adores Ritsuko is, itself, adorable. Seeing how awestruck Maya is watching her personal hero/love interest at work in Episode 13 is a series highlight for me.

YTPrenewed
Adam

Re: Maya Ibuki appreciation thread

•      
  •      

Postby YTPrenewed » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:07 pm

Yeah, as far as NERV's officer ranks go, in NGE itself she's practically the closest thing to being the ambassador for innocence itself at the bridge. One stand out moment to me is the Bardiel scene and its aftermath, with her reluctance to follow Gendo's orders to put on the autopilot, yet willingness to do so anyway, followed by her attempts to talk Shinji down yet at the same time reluctance to enforce Gendo's more drastic measures against him.

And of course, in the Rebuilds, or at least the latter of them, that only serves to make her own surly attitude all the more jarring.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”