End Of Evangelion Trading Cards

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Amitch991
Embryo

End Of Evangelion Trading Cards

•      
  •      

Postby Amitch991 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:32 am

Being that the 25th anniversary of EoE is coming up very shortly, i've been browsing Ebay for some EoE related merch from the time of release.

I found some listings for End of Evangelion trading cards that the seller claims were produced by SEGA and Bandai from 1997.

I attach a link to one of the listings for reference : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255583695315

I have not heard about these trading cards before, and i am thinking of buying a few of them from the seller. I'm wondering if anyone here has more information on them and could possibly confirm the legitimacy of these cards.

Thanks in Advance

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: End Of Evangelion Trading Cards

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:07 pm

I own these trading cards they come in 2 sizes, and they are the real deal. Both are rare and the small size is really hard to get hold off, most of the time you'll only come across the extra wide.

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Amitch991
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Amitch991 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:43 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I own these trading cards they come in 2 sizes, and they are the real deal. Both are rare and the small size is really hard to get hold off, most of the time you'll only come across the extra wide.

Thanks for the info, I was curious due to the low price for the individual cards, being so rare is all. Knowing what I know now, i think i'll go ahead and get a few

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:51 pm

I believe the description on the back of one of the cards was the best answer we had for a while about why Rei doesn't transform for Aoba in EoE, right?

hamstercactus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hamstercactus » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:11 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I own these trading cards they come in 2 sizes, and they are the real deal. Both are rare and the small size is really hard to get hold off, most of the time you'll only come across the extra wide.

I've been looking at those boxes but can't find any information about the contents. I would assume it comes with all the cards from that series but want to make sure before I commit to buying it. Is it missing anything, as far as rare or special cards?

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:22 am

View Original Posthamstercactus wrote: I've been looking at those boxes but can't find any information about the contents. I would assume it comes with all the cards from that series but want to make sure before I commit to buying it. Is it missing anything, as far as rare or special cards?

The boxes have random card packets filled with 6/9 cards and normally a large number of them to every box, this is very old school, as in the olden days you used to buy 2/3 boxes and hope you got the whole set. Modern cards now normally come as whole sets you can buy, or you can get the full set of eBay.

I have 2 boxes, and I'm still missing cards, but I'm waiting till the world calms down before buying another as all collectable prices are being pushed up and collectable stores are folding since they suffer most during money saving just like model kit stores.

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

hamstercactus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hamstercactus » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:28 am

Oh, that makes sense. What would you say is a decent price then? I see an option to buy one case for $120 but now knowing it's a bunch of unopened packs, the price seems doubled what it should be. There's a couple single packs on ebay for around $10 each too.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:12 am

View Original Posthamstercactus wrote:Oh, that makes sense. What would you say is a decent price then? I see an option to buy one case for $120 but now knowing it's a bunch of unopened packs, the price seems doubled what it should be. There's a couple single packs on ebay for around $10 each too.

I'd search for an unopened pack or a seller who is selling off the whole set and buy from a Japanese seller not a US seller as the Japan sellers keep all the stuff in perfect condition, it's like buying as new. That applies to all Eva merch like second hand books and statues I've all brought as second hand and they came looking as new.

If you are unsure about cards condition ask to see the inside if seller refuses, move on, I paid $70 each for my boxes but that was over 6 years ago and before Covid and they are a rare bunch of cards in this case, so you might have to put out more for them. Singles are fine to buy as separates, I brought loads of them from japans e-bay sellers.

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:05 am

From my experience, the ebay sellers from Japan really jack up those prices.

Buy from yahoo auctions instead using a proxy.
$10 CDs I bought from Japan are going for $70 on ebay. No thanks.
In and of itself, self-evident.

hamstercactus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hamstercactus » Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:38 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I'd search for an unopened pack or a seller who is selling off the whole set and buy from a Japanese seller not a US seller...

deeRez wrote:From my experience, the ebay sellers from Japan really jack up those prices.

Buy from yahoo auctions instead using a proxy.
$10 CDs I bought from Japan are going for $70 on ebay. No thanks.

I agree. After being burned a couple times on ebay, I finally found websites such as fromjapan and japans yahoo auctions. Even with high shipping the prices can still better than using ebay and higher quality.

I spent far more than I should have getting the main chronicles issues on ebay, when for the same price I could have gotten all the binders and a couple extras if I went through a Japanese sell site :crybaby:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”