Daft Punk (general)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Daft Punk (general)

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:56 pm

Any Daft Punk fans here. I created a playlist on Spotify with the band's best songs, in my opinion. Two hours of god material.
I believe every album is represented here. The best ones are Discovery and Alive 2007, of course.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0k8Qt7nfS27zMyxZWEWG1W
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Re: Daft Punk (general)

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:05 pm

*Let me let y'all know that I think I can post again since the self imposed week off from this board is over*

Just like BernardoCairo wrote, Discovery and Alive 2007 are the heavyweights when it comes to ability and endurance. As for which of the former's underrated classics I like to hit, singles like Crescendolls, Superheroes, and High Life.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:24 pm

There is quite a nice Daft punk 'touch' MV for evangelion by the evangelion complex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy0awcLBWuc
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:28 pm

Sadly to this day, I haven't picked up the Tron Legacy CD generally because I wasn't really a fan of Tron not because of intentionally ignoring Daft Punk.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:03 am

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Just like BernardoCairo wrote, Discovery and Alive 2007 are the heavyweights when it comes to ability and endurance.

These are simply the best albums, as every music is a bang. Alive 2007 is practically them saying they're so good their mashups are worth a full album. That said, I also have a sympathy for Homework. It's nostalgic and Around the World is the my favorite song.
Also, this might sound controversial, but Random Access Memories is also damn good. It's unique and Giorgio by Moroder is great.

As for the classics you listed the best, honestly. Face to Face and Too Long are also amazing.

dzzthink wrote:There is quite a nice Daft punk 'touch' MV for evangelion by the evangelion complex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy0awcLBWuc

Really cool!!!
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:56 pm

I also loved Homework because of some of it's songs that I heard before on the Greatest Hits. As for the 2005 album, I merely repeat Technologic and from the final album, Get Lucky and the perfect way to go out on with Touch.

And as for the Musique single, I am shocked that they didn't at least put it on the Homework album since out of all the early 90s singles including Around The World still rule to this day.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:14 pm

On another note concerning Alive 2007, I have noticed that the encore track at the very end when the band supposedly was done is not on my copy. Probably due to the 80 minute limit on CDs but they could've at least put in a bonus disc with the encore track and a few rare studio tracks which I have heard other bands do on such occassions.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:01 am

CD space limitations... So 2000's, so Daft Punk in this weird kind of way XD! It's almost stylish hahaha! But, yeah, I agree.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”