Wanted to share my 1-Hour Long Evangelion Analysis and Explanation video

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Zwarlie
Embryo

Wanted to share my 1-Hour Long Evangelion Analysis and Explanation video

•      
  •      

Postby Zwarlie » Tue May 17, 2022 6:25 pm

Hello everyone!

I recently spent a while making this hour-long video analyzing Evangelion and what its message is.

It was originally a school project, but I would like to share it with you all.

The video touches on most of the "big questions" one would have about Eva, as well as analyzing the underlying themes as objectively as possible, and ending on what I believe the message of Evangelion is (based solely on information from the series or Anno himself).

I know analyzing Evangelion is sort of beating the skeleton of a horse that's been dead for a million years, but I tried to avoid doing the things I hated seeing in every other Evangelion analysis video. I wanted to also just get all of my thoughts and feelings on this awesome show into one place.

If you are going to watch the video, you can listen to it like a podcast, but there are little annotations on screen here and there, especially in the wrap-up segment.

This is my first time doing a video as long as this, and my first time editing something of this scale, but please don't hold back on criticizing it.

Thank you all for reading, here is the video. :)

https://youtu.be/06iJ6vkzKwM

jeffythedragonslayer
Embryo

Re: Wanted to share my 1-Hour Long Evangelion Analysis and Explanation video

•      
  •      

Postby jeffythedragonslayer » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:00 am

View Original PostZwarlie wrote:I know analyzing Evangelion is sort of beating the skeleton of a horse that's been dead for a million years, but I tried to avoid doing the things I hated seeing in every other Evangelion analysis video.

I sure hope not! Figuring out Evangelion is just too much fun. I'll add this video to my backlog. What don't you like about other videos though?

Return to “Fan Works”