Subject formation in Evangelion

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Bondacious
Embryo

Subject formation in Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Bondacious » Mon May 09, 2022 8:13 am

Hi guys,

Can we get a thread discussing the themes of subject formation in the show? I feel like it's a really interesting and often overlooked aspect of it which really shines in the last few episodes. I'd also love to analyse it through Freudian and Lacanian theory - especially Lacan's "Mirror theory"

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Subject formation in Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon May 09, 2022 11:32 am

Hi! Welcome!

You are free to talk whatever you want, since this doesn't break our forum rules and our discussion rule. Just go on. You can find threads covering more "psichological and philosophical" subjects in Evangelion on this board, try using our search tool.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”