If Khara will make a remake of the Secret Of Blue Water you will watched it?

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

If Khara will make a remake of the Secret Of Blue Water you will watched it?

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:30 pm

Hello everybody, a while ago I saw the Secret Of Blue Water and it really got me hooked. In some scenes I could clearly see Anno's genius who would later lead him to create Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I'm hope that one day Anno and the Khara could consider the idea of make a remake of the Secret Of Blue Water because for me Nadia's history really deserve to the get the attention of modern day anime fans.

So you too like me have appreciated the Secret Of Blue Water so much to you want to see a Remake? Also you think that the Rebuild of Evangelion could in some way can have some sort of influence on the plot of a hypothetical remake of Nadia.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: If Khara will make a remake of the Secret Of Blue Water you will watched it?

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:04 pm

I'd watch it only for curiosity. I like Nadia, but i'd prefer this show to be more to the point, without the "fillers" episodes that irritated me so much.
And removing that horrible stereotype about Africans.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Re: If Khara will make a remake of the Secret Of Blue Water you will watched it?

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:18 pm

Yeah I also didn't like some of those filler episodes. In particular I hated that episode where Nadia fell in love with that African boy, that episode practically threw the development of the relationship between Jean and Nadia until that point in the story as if it were a lot of garbage :facepalm:

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:26 am

I don't mind the Island stuff that much, but yeah the Africa stuff is pretty whatever. That being said, Jean singing a love song to Nadia that unintentionally turns into a diss track was a pretty good bit.

As far as a remake goes, I guess I'd watch one though I'm not sure it really needs one. Especially since the Nadia anime itself, even with the weak point of the Island/Africa stuff, is already a fairly large improvement over the Jules Verne novel on which it is based IMHO. I dunno how much further you can really refine that story.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:28 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:I don't mind the Island stuff that much, but yeah the Africa stuff is pretty whatever. That being said, Jean singing a love song to Nadia that unintentionally turns into a diss track was a pretty good bit.

Well I have to admit that some filler episodes even managed to make me laugh a little.

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote: I dunno how much further you can really refine that story.

More than refine I expect that some stuff of Rebuild's plot might affect in some way the history of Nadia and her relantionship with characters and the Atlanteans's lore and sci-fi stuff.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:16 pm

I'd be interested, but only if they trashed the Island arc and the Africa arc, and used the resulting gap to greatly expand on Atlantean and Neo-Atlantean tech. We got so few details from the very brief time spent inside the Noahs. In particular I want to know why the Atlanteans had such a hard time miniaturizing their biotech to make a servant race smaller than a whale or an EVA.

By the way... Neo Atlan!
[Redacted]

Return to “Anime and Manga”