[Request] Ayanami Raising Project DS with Asuka Supplementing Project: English Translation Port from DS to PS2

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
HARVEST
Adam

[Request] Ayanami Raising Project DS with Asuka Supplementing Project: English Translation Port from DS to PS2

•      
  •      

Postby HARVEST » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:14 am

I really hope someone can do this as the DS version is inferior in some ways to the PS2 version:
- The naming at the beginning has to be handwritten Japanese in the DS version but it can be typed out in the PS2 version.
- The audio is in compressed mono in the DS version but is in a much higher quality stereo in the PS2 version.
- The graphics are higher resolution 640x480 in the PS2 version in comparison to the DS version's 192x256*2.
- Everything is in one screen as opposed to the DS version's quirky dual screen setup, which is harder to emulate properly than a single screen.

The PS2 version is remarkably similar to the DS version so someone who can fan translate PS2 games and DS games can feasibly port the DS translation to the PS2 version with a few improvements.
I noticed the DS translation had some typos and grammatical errors but someone who can port the DS translation can fix it. They may even be able to port back the fixed PS2 translation to the DS.

It's quite obvious the DS version had to be shrunken down to a fraction of the PS2 version's size.
The NDS ROM is 256MB and it's already one of the larger DS games but the PS2 version is 1.3GB, so they had to reduce the quality a lot for it to fit on a DS cartridge.

As for playability, PS2 emulation has evolved so much since the time the DS translation was released to the point that many cellphones nowadays can handle PS2 emulation.
If anything, a translation of the PS2 version would make it a bit more accessible.

Crazy Packers Fan
Adam

Re: [Request] Ayanami Raising Project DS with Asuka Supplementing Project: English Translation Port from DS to PS2

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy Packers Fan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:13 am

All I want is to get a different ending from the "Fast Food" ending. I have never gotten any other ending except that one, even with cheats on. Yes, Rei is moe moe kyun when she's messing up my order at the Burger joint. But she has so much more potential, and I want to see her other endings.

therealasukalangley
Embryo

Re: [Request] Ayanami Raising Project DS with Asuka Supplementing Project: English Translation Port from DS to PS2

•      
  •      

Postby therealasukalangley » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:10 pm

I cannot promise it will be great but i am currently working on a v. rough translation for the game, I have no clue how to get it to work inside of the game but I am working on a full translation in a google doc rn, I keep you updated big dawg.
xoxo - Gossip Girl

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:23 pm

Thanks for your help, good luck.

MrFishStick12
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MrFishStick12 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:44 pm

View Original Posttherealasukalangley wrote:I cannot promise it will be great but i am currently working on a v. rough translation for the game, I have no clue how to get it to work inside of the game but I am working on a full translation in a google doc rn, I keep you updated big dawg.

Damn this is new, wish you the best of luck with that

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”