Pilot and Evangelion concept illustrations from "EVA FIX - Abnormals in Dairy Life"

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

Pilot and Evangelion concept illustrations from "EVA FIX - Abnormals in Dairy Life"

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:55 pm

I present to you a bunch of illustrations from an obscure, apparently "unofficial" artbook titled Eva Fix: Abnormals in Dairy Life [sic] (alternatively subtitled Abnormalities in Daily Life by some fans out there); these illustrations depict concept art for alternate versions of Evangelions 05 through 13 that come with their own original pilots. I've tried my best to translate the pilot's names and their countries of origin (because surprise, none of them are Japanese... well, except possibly one, who might be part-Japanese based on their given name), which are included as comments above each image, but be advised that some have defied my attempts at deducing what they're supposed to stand for. I leave it up to those members with far better grasp on Japanese-to-English translation to decipher the information contained within the walls of text; maybe then we can update the wiki's Extracanonical Characters article with the characters' info.

6th Children  SPOILER: Show
Baek Mimu (JP: Pegu Meimu), from South Korea.

7th Children  SPOILER: Show
Mary Kissinger, from the USA.

8th Children  SPOILER: Show
Patsy ??? (surname is is rendered in katakana as "Rufudonifu"), from Norway.
And yes, "Patsy" is an actual given name.

9th Children  SPOILER: Show
Irena ??? (katakana reads "Fiitorafu"); nationality is uncertain due to not being spelled out like other pilots, but seems to be Russia or a neighboring conutry, given that I could barely parse out "Baikonur", "CIS" and "KGB" in the text, as well as her Evangelion bearing the acronym "CCCP" on its head (the Cyrillic version of "USSR", implying either the Soviet Union didn't collapse or was somehow reformed).
https://i.imgur.com/AEfbKmG.jpg

10th Children  SPOILER: Show
??? (pronounced "Rufii Haaderugaimu" in Japanese), from Spain.

11th Children  SPOILER: Show
??? (pronounced "Shion Kurooche" in Japanese), from Italy.

12th Children  SPOILER: Show
Alex (full name: Alessandro Lesley); nationality uncertain, though his Italian given name and English surname imply Europe, North America, or Australia as the most likely candidates.

13th Children  SPOILER: Show
Joanna Cont, from France.

EVA-13: FIRST TYPE  SPOILER: Show
ERROR: DATA ENCRYPTED.
ERROR: DECRYPTION PROGRAM NOT FOUND.
ERROR: DATA CANNOT BE DECRYPTED.

Here is an Imgur album of all the illustrations, for those who want to download them all in one go.
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

Asugran233
Lilith

Re: Pilot and Evangelion concept illustrations from "EVA FIX - Abnormals in Dairy Life"

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:36 am

Wooow is sou good. :asuka_thumbsup:

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Pilot and Evangelion concept illustrations from "EVA FIX - Abnormals in Dairy Life"

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:58 am

IKR? I wish I could fluently read Japanese so that I could understand all that's written in these illustrations. There's so much lore in this that we're missing out on.

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:50 pm

Yeah, this is 100% fanmade, just an elaborate doujin. As for what you're missing out on; I've spoken to a few people about this years ago who weren't fluent by any stretch, but spoke enough Japanese to understand the broad strokes; if memory at all serves me, the throughline was that all of the story to this is just comical amounts of edge with little to no actual substance
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:01 pm

Question: Based on the title, can we expect images of cows, and if so, are the Holsteins or Jerseys? :tongue:
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:13 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Yeah, this is 100% fanmade, just an elaborate doujin.

How are you so certain?

As for what you're missing out on; I've spoken to a few people about this years ago who weren't fluent by any stretch, but spoke enough Japanese to understand the broad strokes; if memory at all serves me, the throughline was that all of the story to this is just comical amounts of edge with little to no actual substance

I've seen people misuse "edge"/"edgy" when describing something that they don't like, and similarly call something "without substance" despite it actually having enough to make that statement objectively incorrect, so I take that assessment with a grain of salt until I see proof otherwise.

cyharding wrote:Question: Based on the title, can we expect images of cows

No, unfortunately. There's a reason why the subtitle is often changed to "Abnormalities in Daily Life" by fans when they post it.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:26 pm

View Original PostMarqFJA87 wrote:How are you so certain?

Because if it were official, it would have the appropriate branding on it. No gainax or khara logo anywhere on the thing.

I've seen people misuse "edge"/"edgy" when describing something that they don't like, and similarly call something "without substance" despite it actually having enough to make that statement objectively incorrect, so I take that assessment with a grain of salt until I see proof otherwise.

I don't know why you are being so confrontational here; I only vaguely recall the specifics, but the general throughline was that every backstory was very overdrawn and in-your-face (to the tune of "my entire life has been a downward spiral at every turn possible, everything sucks and I make no attempt to have any personality trait other than talking about this") with little to no counterbalance.
As for the proof - feel free to commission a translator to go over these pages and see for yourself if you want to know what this is about. As far as I am aware, there is no English-speaking coverage of it.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Oh man EVA 08 and 13 have such sick designs, 08 looks like if Jet Alone's design was adapted to work as an Evangelion, 13 looks almost like a proto Mk.07 with it's round, basic head.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:40 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Because if it were official, it would have the appropriate branding on it. No gainax or khara logo anywhere on the thing.

Yeah, you're right. I let the fact that its contents looked like actual production illustrations distract me from checking the credits. So much for raising my hopes that they're semi-official concepts.

I don't know why you are being so confrontational here; I only vaguely recall the specifics, but the general throughline was that every backstory was very overdrawn and in-your-face (to the tune of "my entire life has been a downward spiral at every turn possible, everything sucks and I make no attempt to have any personality trait other than talking about this") with little to no counterbalance.
As for the proof - feel free to commission a translator to go over these pages and see for yourself if you want to know what this is about. As far as I am aware, there is no English-speaking coverage of it.

I wasn't being confrontational, I was expressing my jaded skepticism.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”