Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

PSIWasHere
Embryo

Lupin III

•      
  •      

Postby PSIWasHere » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:11 am

Anyone here awaiting Part VI that's planned to air in a couple days? Got any particular worries or hopes for it?

I've seen all the Lupin Parts in their entirety and in my personal opinion, the latter half, namely IV and V, really fall short, so I'm incredibly sceptical of what's to come as it seems to adhere to those versions, at least it seems to resemble them visually. Anyway, what are your thoughts on VI from what we've seen? or just your thoughts on Lupin in general.
:)

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Re: Lupin III

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:49 am

I haven't seen all of Lupin yet but I really disagree with you on IV and V. Those were both quite good IMHO.

I'm looking forward to VI quite a bit. Don't have any particular expectations for it.

PSIWasHere
Embryo

Re: Lupin III

•      
  •      

Postby PSIWasHere » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:04 pm

I don't know I think IV and V really toned down the character interaction which was always, to me, the thing that made Lupin great. I always appreciated the dynamic between the main 5, especially in Part I and II, specifically the dub of II. I think the major turn off for me when it comes to IV and V is that it tries to go beyond what came before, that's not inherently a bad thing, but having a more complicated storyline that simply 'the gang steals something' just left less room for the comedic elements to shine, and most importantly, their general friendship.

I don't really have any expectations for VI either aside from it being a little more goofy I suppose, more emphasis on the relationship that the characters have had for years rather than toning it down for the sake of narrative.
:)

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Lupin III Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:09 am

Everyone should watch Episode 00. It's self-contained, no reason not to. It's a right and proper send-off for a seiyuu legend.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Anime and Manga”