Song from 3.0+1.0 seems to be missing from the official soundtrack?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DondoMondo
Embryo

Song from 3.0+1.0 seems to be missing from the official soundtrack?

•      
  •      

Postby DondoMondo » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:14 am

This is the song that plays when Unit 13 is hopping around in the anti-universe, and there is mainly a repetitive piano sequence in this song. Based on the order of the soundtrack (which is chronological, iirc), it should go right after 9. I’ll Go On Loving Someone Else =Version Orchestre= but before 10. Pillars Of Faith on Disc 2. I'm not sure why this song was removed, and from the perspective of someone who desires that most, if not all, media were accessible to the public in some fashion, this exclusion has been driving me crazy because I haven't been able to find it online either. I believe that Gap of Dream from EOE was also not included in the soundtrack, but that may be due to it being the same version as EOE (although it would've been nice to include in the soundtrack). There could be more songs that were excluded from the soundtrack, but I don't remember them off the top of my head. Does anyone know anything regarding these exclusions?

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

Re: Song from 3.0+1.0 seems to be missing from the official soundtrack?

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:39 am

I would also like to complain to the music gods, about the exclusion of this song from the 2.22 soundtrack playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iPstXGLE_k

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:47 am

All Rebuild movies have two albums: the "Music from" and the "Original Soundtrack". The music "Gap of Dream" is on the "Original Soundtrack" album that hasn't been released yet*, which is now called "4EM35 A-4 Piano - Omakase Version" (4EM35 A-4 ピアノ・おまかせヴァージョン).

* If I'm not mistaken this album is released together with the Blu-ray. You can find a sample of this album in the EVA-EXTRA app.

View Original PostDondoMondo wrote:This is the song that plays when Unit 13 is hopping around in the anti-universe, and there is mainly a repetitive piano sequence in this song.

I don't know about this one; but I assume it's also on that other album. It sounds like a new version of "karma".

nerv bae wrote:I would also like to complain to the music gods, about the exclusion of this song from the 2.22 soundtrack playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iPstXGLE_k

"Yamashita" track is on the "EVANGELION:2.0 Original Soundtrack".
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

nerv bae
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:02 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:All Rebuild movies have two albums: the "Music from" and the "Original Soundtrack".
"Yamashita" track is on the "EVANGELION:2.0 Original Soundtrack".

Oh, duh, awesome. I didn't know this; I just searched Apple Music and I see both of them:

Yamashita is in the lower left 2.0 album. You rule!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”