Rei's Fate in the Manga

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

jedi_spectre1
Embryo

Rei's Fate in the Manga

•      
  •      

Postby jedi_spectre1 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:48 am

Since Shin came out, I have been going back and rereading the Evangelion manga. Something stood out to me that didn't the first time. Which is Rei says after she blows up that she is waiting for Shinji to come back to reality, or at least I assume its literally Rei, unless you believe its metaphorical. Seeing as in the Post-Third Impact world has Kensuke and Asuka come back, I now wonder if its possible Rei does as well. Before I always took it as a given that she was dead. Perhaps it is a translation error, and I guess you could read the line in different ways. You could see it as Rei living on as a quantum spirit guardian of Shinji since she pretty much achieved godhood.

Personally I still don't think she does, but this possibility never donned on me till recently. I also won't lie I also was sort of interested in this because of some cute ReiShin art that is about this scenario.

What do you guys think? Probably the same, but its an interesting idea to consider.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”