EoE: Flashing Image Montage

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
NightComesOn
Embryo

EoE: Flashing Image Montage

•      
  •      

Postby NightComesOn » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:18 pm

Has anyone ever done a breakdown of the images/voices that barrage the audience at the end of the Komm, Süsser Tod sequence, (~1:11:23-1:12:26)?

For the voices of the women rejecting Shinji, the only one I recognize (I think) is Miyamura as Asuka at the end, saying she'd rather die. Who are the others?

As for the images, some of them are familiar footage from the series, but it also looks like a lot of live action, photos, some pencil/ink drawings. Have any of the sources been identified?

Amalgam429
Embryo

Re: EoE: Flashing Image Montage

•      
  •      

Postby Amalgam429 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:35 am

While not immediately relevant, this page could be a good place to start investigating montage in Evangelion.

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_An ... Evangelion

There might be offshoots you can explore from this page too. Never be afraid to do your own analysis too!
"How's it goin?"

"Aha, well, it's going, I guess"

- Kaji

SuperSandwichGoku
Embryo

Re: EoE: Flashing Image Montage

•      
  •      

Postby SuperSandwichGoku » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:50 pm

As for the voices, the only resource I can point to is this translation of EoE I found linked on EvaGeeks here. It has basic scene descriptions and lists dialogue, not too much but might help. I've heard the Fan Geeks Commentary will hopefully get to EoE eventually so you could also keep an eye on that.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”