Anyone here speak Japanese?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Anyone here speak Japanese?

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:37 pm

I first took a Japanese class back in college, and watched some subbed version of an anime series. I’m currently using Duolingo to study even further. I’m not quite fluent with it yet, but I can make some sentences.

こんばんは、私の名前はクレイグ・テーローです。三十歳です。
(Hello, my name is Craig Taylor. I’m 30 years old.)

So, I can say some of the basic stuff.

Anyways, I’m interested in how many here can speak Japanese.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Anyone here speak Japanese?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:54 pm

I've picked up some disjointed bits here and there, but pretty much the most I could actually do with it would be basic game lobby trash talking, so nothing that even approximates useable
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Anyone here speak Japanese?

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:08 pm

I've been studying for three years. I also use Duolingo as supplementary material, it helps a lot in stressing words and sentence structure.
But my studies are a little slow due to various setbacks in my personal life :ehh: and I'm also currently working on English, which I also use Duolingo to help me with.

I have a paid Japanese course, while English I am learning on my own.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”