Any NFL/Fantasy fans out there?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

Any NFL/Fantasy fans out there?

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:34 am

Who's your team?? The season is about to start and I can hardly wait!

SPOILER: Show

Addendum:
It's been almost a week I'll take that as a NO! LOL :D
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Any NFL/Fantasy fans out there?

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:53 pm

I'm a big fan of the Minnesota Vikings, but I don't know, I just haven't been in the mood for American football these days. Maybe it'll change once the regular season kicks off.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:07 am

"Football" and "American Football" are about the only sports I pay attention to anymore. Having a fantasy team certainly helps, makes me pay
attention to all the games, for better or for worse.

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:54 pm

Dallas Cowboys

Please don't be to hard on me.

Big time fan of Oregon Ducks and Penn State in College Football. Or any non-SEC team
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:47 pm

View Original PostEvaChero wrote:
Addendum:
It's been almost a week I'll take that as a NO! LOL :D

At least your thread has a couple of posts. Lol
post/892108/TV-WWE-AEW-NXT-NJPW-Wrestling-Thread/#892108
:(

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:26 am

Nothing wrong with the Cowboys...other than the rampant unpredictability of the NFL in general this year...it's been a hard slog through fantasy for me.... :w00t:

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:20 pm

View Original PostEvaChero wrote:"Football" and "American Football" are about the only sports I pay attention to anymore.

By "Football" you mean actual Football (aka Soccer), right? I remember you watching the Euro Cup earlier this year.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:55 pm

Yes sir.....love me some Fussball spieling as my grandfather used to call it. Soccer.....I wonder where they came up with that word.....? I've never tried to figure it out.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:56 pm

"Soccer" is derived from "Association Football" (in the same way as "Rugger" comes from "Rugby Football"). So, although the term "soccer" is more used in the US these days, it actually originated in Britain.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:49 am

Thank you sir I never would have guessed!

Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:51 pm

How did I just find out about the 17 week schedule and 14 team playoffs? Well looks like Dallas will get a top 3 seed but highly doubtful they’ll get the number one overall seed in the NFC.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:49 pm

Lucky!!!! At least Dallas is in! I've had to suffer through yet another playoff push collapse by the $%#$%#$ Dolphins with the yearly 30 point drubbing by (insert whatever team here that is standing between us and a playoff spot) since 2000 it has really sucked being a Dolfan. :cringe:

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:40 pm

View Original PostEvaChero wrote:Lucky!!!! At least Dallas is in! I've had to suffer through yet another playoff push collapse by the $%#$%#$ Dolphins with the yearly 30 point drubbing by (insert whatever team here that is standing between us and a playoff spot) since 2000 it has really sucked being a Dolfan. :cringe:

If it's any solace, you're at least not a Vikings like myself. If they don't fire that dinosaur Zimmer after this abomination of a season, and every year of the Cousins era for that matter, I don't think I'll put up with them next year.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:03 pm

Cowboys seem locked in to play the Cardinals in the first round of the playoffs. I would definitely rest their starters against the eagles this week and prepare a game plan for the Cardinals.

Until the Cowboys can string together back to back playoff wins, I will remain pessimistic about their super bowl hopes.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:52 am

it's anyone's Superbowl to win this year for sure...just get in. Not any really dominant teams except maybe Green Bay??? Chiefs seem to be hot at the right time maybe as well as the Bengals...Dallas has a punchers chance....the Bucs have looked pretty poor lately.

If it's any solace, you're at least not a Vikings like myself. If they don't fire that dinosaur Zimmer after this abomination of a season, and every year of the Cousins era for that matter, I don't think I'll put up with them next year.

I feel ya on that...I like our current coach...and past results with this team seems to prove changing out the coach and players per se isn't the answer...I blame an interfering owner with no football acumen and endless poor decisions by personnel evaluators that continue to pick poorly in the draft (with the exception of last years home runs) and overpaying used up veterans.....not sold on Tua yet either....just stay the course I guess an see what happens.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:41 pm

EvaChero wrote:it's anyone's Superbowl to win this year for sure...just get in. Not any really dominant teams except maybe Green Bay??? Chiefs seem to be hot at the right time maybe as well as the Bengals...Dallas has a punchers chance....the Bucs have looked pretty poor lately.

Things are def wide open in the NFL this year, it's been a crazy season. Early on the Ravens looked great and now they're done. Bucs have looked bad a lot this season but I can't count them out because of Brady. Packs do look like the team to beat but I'll be rooting for anyone but them (unfortunately for me I'm a Bears fan).
I'd love to see the Cardinals make a run because I love watching Murray play and if Hopkins gets healthy you don't know what they can do. Titans are getting Henry back so don't be surprised if they make waves in the playoffs. Hoping the Chargers win this Sunday and looking forward to watching some playoff football. Its the best.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:51 pm

Titans have really surprised me this year. I wouldn’t count them out to go deep in the playoffs. If cowboys don’t go far, I’d like to see Stafford and the Rams make it to the super bowl. Should be an interesting post season.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:00 am

I feel ya on that...I like our current coach...and past results with this team seems to prove changing out the coach and players per se isn't the answer...I blame an interfering owner with no football acumen and endless poor decisions by personnel evaluators that continue to pick poorly in the draft (with the exception of last years home runs) and overpaying used up veterans.....not sold on Tua yet either....just stay the course I guess an see what happens.[/quote]

With Minnesota, it's pretty clear the clear the current coach is stuck in the past. The most successful teams have all realized that the passing game is most important for success. But our play calling is still stuck in the 70's and other teams have realized how one dimensional we are. We really need some new ideas in our coaching staff before we can move forward.

Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:35 pm

Looks like Cowboys will play long time rivals 49ers in the first round. :facepalm:

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:47 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just like that our clueless owner and organization fire the best coach we've had in almost 20years....first time
back to back winning seasons since 2003....I'm more than disappointed I'm actually physically ill....

gonna be some good playoffs....not sure how much I'll watch tho...hmmm maybe I should pic one of the newly restarted USFL teams?

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”