I don’t understand when Third Impact Occurred?!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Szmitten
Israfel
Israfel

Re: I don’t understand when Third Impact Occurred?!

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:53 pm

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:Thank you, this seems like a good argument that Unit 01 does not continue Third Impacting after Cassius is removed. But does the same reasoning extend to Unit 13 in 3.33? There, we see Unit 13 Fourth Impacting without being driven by either pilot's will and without apparently being autonomous like Mark 06 (to my knowledge Mark 06's autonomy never has visual evidence; it's instead established only in dialogue) or being programmed like Mark 09 (where we see Rei-Q losing control as the Seele symbol is displayed in her plug). If Unit 13 can Impact against such reasoning then I think the argument against Unit 01 impacting "on its own" is a bit weaker.

I don't have an explanation for that beyond narrative since 13 is clearly acting autonomously in Shin against Asuka and before Gendo enters. Whether it being a confirmed Adams and/or hosting an increasingly large number of souls (including a Shikinami original, who have been suggested to be as programmable as the Ayanami series) it makes it a somewhat unique case in comparison to 01 and 06.

Konja7
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:23 pm

View Original PostSzmitten wrote:I don't have an explanation for that beyond narrative since 13 is clearly acting autonomously in Shin against Asuka and before Gendo enters. Whether it being a confirmed Adams and/or hosting an increasingly large number of souls (including a Shikinami original, who have been suggested to be as programmable as the Ayanami series) it makes it a somewhat unique case in comparison to 01 and 06.

Yamashita has mentioned in twitter that the "pilot" of Eva-13 in 3.0+1.0 is the souless death body of Kaworu. Of course, as the body has no soul inside, this is basically a "Dummy Plug".

Kaworu's soul is trapped inside Eva-13, but his soul isn't inside his body anymore.

DantesInferno
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:39 pm

View Original PostSzmitten wrote:I generally have difficulty reconciling what a potentially limbless Eva-01[...]

Has anyone thought out any theories of how/when did Eva-01 loose the remaining limbs?

At the end of 2.0, it had only lost it's left arm...

nerv bae
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:51 pm

I posit that Fuyutsuki personally sawed off Unit 01's remaining limbs to make it fit into the tesseract. ^_^

The18°angel
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:58 pm

I thought it had been WILLE who cut the members of unit 01 so that it could be used as a source of power in the wunder

Szmitten
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:27 pm

View Original PostDantesInferno wrote:
View Original PostSzmitten#931928 wrote:I generally have difficulty reconciling what a potentially limbless Eva-01[...]

Has anyone thought out any theories of how/when did Eva-01 loose the remaining limbs?

At the end of 2.0, it had only lost it's left arm...

Could be cannibalised for Eva parts, could be a measure of immobilising it in case it reawoke, limbs could have merged with the ground after coreification and snapped off. It really could be anything. The Vessels seem to fit into their respective ships whole and fine.

DantesInferno
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:39 pm

View Original PostSzmitten wrote:Could be cannibalised for Eva parts, could be a measure of immobilising it in case it reawoke, limbs could have merged with the ground after coreification and snapped off. It really could be anything. The Vessels seem to fit into their respective ships whole and fine.

The "immobilizing" one wouldn't make much sense that it effortlessly materialized a left arm out of AT-Field the first time in awakened, and kicked some serious ass with it :D

Mark 6
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mark 6 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:03 am

View Original Postnerv bae wrote:
View Original PostMark 6#931919 wrote:The last connection between Lilith's awakening in relation to Unit 1's own, is that quick glimpse we got in Thrice of Eva Mark 6 beheading Lilith with the Spear of Cassius.

3) I do not see the Spear of Cassius in this picture of the beheading scene. Is it in there somewhere and I just missed it; do we have other evidence that Cassius has been removed from Eva-01 as of the beheading scene?

I apologize for this, I could have sworn I remember seeing the Mark 6 holding the Spear of Cassius in it's other hand. I've watched the movie only twice I'm ashamed to admit. I'll go and watch it again before posting and adding misinformation :sniffle:

Szmitten
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:27 am

View Original PostMark 6 wrote:
View Original Postnerv bae#931925 wrote:

3) I do not see the Spear of Cassius in this picture of the beheading scene. Is it in there somewhere and I just missed it; do we have other evidence that Cassius has been removed from Eva-01 as of the beheading scene?

I apologize for this, I could have sworn I remember seeing the Mark 6 holding the Spear of Cassius in it's other hand. I've watched the movie only twice I'm ashamed to admit. I'll go and watch it again before posting and adding misinformation :sniffle:

A lot of people swear Mark.06 is carrying Cassius down into Dogma in 2.0's preview of 3.0 so I wouldn't worry lol.

nerv bae
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby nerv bae » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:59 am

Interesting, I don't see Cassius there either. I was just reading posts over here about how people thought Lilith's head had already grown Rei hair in the decapitation scene. So many phantoms in people's memories!

DantesInferno
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby DantesInferno » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:51 pm

The massive white halo in the decapitation scene… Do you guys believe it’s Lilith’s, or Mark.06’s?

The size seems to suggest Lilith, and the color isn’t very consistent with Mark.06…

Szmitten
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:10 pm

View Original PostDantesInferno wrote:The massive white halo in the decapitation scene… Do you guys believe it’s Lilith’s, or Mark.06’s?

The size seems to suggest Lilith, and the color isn’t very consistent with Mark.06…

Mark.06's Pseudo-Evolution halo.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”