Fragments of an old fanfic, "Eva Brothers from Cybertron"

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

Fragments of an old fanfic, "Eva Brothers from Cybertron"

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:01 am

Between 2002 and 2004, I began working on a fancomic/fanfic called "Eva Brothers from Cybertron" (my nickname here takes after that), as well as various illustrations for it. In this story, I had three young male cyborgs escape from planet Cybertron after the Quintesson attack.

If you don't know the Transformers lore, Cybertron is these giant robots' planet and the Quintessons are an alien species they had to deal with. However, in my story Transformers are human-sized, taking after the changes shown in the Beast Wars Transformers series; and the Eva brothers don't transform.

These three cyborgs look like Eva 00, Eva 02 and Eva 01, and they're called respectively 03, 02 and 01, aged 18, 15 and 6. During they journey in space, they run into a wormhole and they arrive on Earth in an alternate universe: the post-Third Impact Earth.

For a summary, they meet the Children, who are now almost 17, and they develop close bonds with them, especially since they share some personality traits. 03 and 02 fall in love romantically, respectively, with Rei and Asuka, while Shinji and little 01 develop a father/son bond. Eventually, 01 turns out to be the only one who can save Cybertron from the Quintessons (and Earth too, since the alien race decides to use the wormhole to their own advantage) because he's been chosen by the Transformers' demigod Primus. The Children with Misato and the others go to Cybertron with the Evangelion brothers to help them fight against the Quintessons and to get 01 safely to Vector Sigma (a sacred place for the Transformers) so he can fuse with it and save the world(s).

I always liked the idea of "mirror universes", at least to some extent of mirroring, and I had fun playing with the ideas. The crossover part was so much fun, too!

Eventually, for various reasons, I decided to donate this fancomic/fanfic to my friend Lia Dospetti, who decided to complete it and turn it into original work, with different settings and different characters, but keeping the structure and some of my prose. I'm more than okay with anything she decides to do with it, but I asked if I could translate (from Italian) and share some fragments of the story with you guys, to which she said yes.

All that said, in the spoiler below you'll find the link to the first fragment, where Asuka and 02 Evangelion make love for the first time [gentle but NSFW]:
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Fragments of an old fanfic, "Eva Brothers from Cybertron"

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:36 am

Second fragment: Little 01 Evangelion sleeps with Shinji for comfort [father/son bond]

Note: In this fragment, 6-year-old Cybertronian cyborg (Transorganic) 01 Evangelion sleeps with Shinji for comfort, because he feels lonely and vulnerable after losing his parents and (apparently) his brothers. In my AU/mirror universe, Shinji and little 01 develop a father/son bond. The father/son theme is so strong in NGE, and I felt it should have a place in my fanworld, too. Shinji didn't have a real father figure, but he knows what a father shouldn't be like. He doesn't really know what to do, but he decides to trust the tenderness he feels for little 01 Evangelion anyway.

SPOILER: Show
When Shinji was about to fall asleep, he heard him sob and whisper ‘manì’. That word sounded so filled with pain that Shinji couldn’t help but think that ‘manì’ probably meant ‘mommy’ or ‘daddy’.
I’ll ask him tomorrow, so maybe I’ll be able to do something for him.
“Manì…”
Little 01 curled up and cried more intensely. Seeing him like that, Shinji felt his heart shrink in his chest.
I know nothing about this little robot who looks so much like Eva 01, he thought. Still, I can’t help but worry about him. He looks so vulnerable…
Gently, he extended an arm and used it to surround 01 in a hug, drawing him slightly closer to him so he would feel safe. Or so he hoped. 01 started lightly but didn’t pull away. Instead, he placed a little hand on Shinji’s and gripped one of his fingers, holding tightly. Not long after that, he heard 01 breathe regularly, his shoulder moving up and down with respiration.
Taken by tenderness, Shinji caressed the little hand with his thumb. He felt happy that he could do something after all, even if it wasn’t much, just a hug and the holding of a finger. He smiled between himself. Then he turned to look at the clock on the nightstand. It marked 2:00 AM. Shinji sighed and closed his eyes. He had to fall asleep if he didn’t want to be a zombie tomorrow. So he tried to sync his breathing with that of the alien child. Slow and gentle, free of worries. It wasn’t long before he fell asleep, too.
Last edited by EvaBrothers on Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Third fragment: Rei confesses to 03 Evangelion [sweet romance]

Note: The older of the three Evangelion brothers, 03, the one who looks like a carbon copy of Eva-00, is spending time outside with his brothers and friends. He just witnessed Asuka and 02 talking about their future as teen parents, as Asuka is pregnant with their first child. Looking at them, Rei leaves the group and chooses to look at the evening landscape. 03 follows her and they have a special and precious talk. While trying to keep Rei in character as she confesses her feelings, I also tried to portray 03 as a "reflection" of Rei. While they have different personalities, 03 and Rei share traits: they are both quiet and reserved most of the time, and they are profoundly spiritual people.

SPOILER: Show
(...)

"03, do you think what works for Souryuu and 02 could work for me and you, too?"

03 blushed at the allusion contained in that question. His heart started beating hard in his chest. "I don’t know. What do you feel for me?"

Rei looked at her own hands that gripped the grating. "I don’t know. You look so much like Eva 00, maybe it’s that? I don’t understand love. But I know that I want to be near you."

03 stared at her for a long moment. Then, he placed a gentle hand on hers. Rei looked at that hand and blushed.

"Rei," said 03, almost in a breath, "can I kiss you?"

Rei turned and lifted her eyes on him. She stared at his single red optic. "Yes."

Moving slowly, 03 cupped his hands around her face and leaned forward until he brushed his lips on Rei’s. He remained a moment like that, studying her reactions, but Rei seemed to be waiting for more. Her breathing was slightly uneven. So he pressed his lips on hers again, in a more passionate kiss.

Rei surrounded his waist with her arms, the touch almost feathery. He then realized that this – all of this – was something she wanted, too.

(Artwork by me)
Last edited by EvaBrothers on Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:14 pm

I'll be publishing the remainder of the fragments on AO3 if you're interested:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/32669092

Feel free to post your feedback on this thread, though. :wink:

Return to “Fanfiction”