Theory on the plugsuit

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
n2eva
Embryo

Theory on the plugsuit

•      
  •      

Postby n2eva » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:14 pm

An idea on the plugsuit's design

https://i.redd.it/ommqgeopmji61.png
"Oh, my god, no. Please! What is that? Don't tell me!"-- Jack Burton
"But if I were you, I'd leave the Doctor alone until after he's eaten breakfast. He's a very crude man."-- Raoul Duke

Ozymansiaz1260
Embryo

Re: Theory on the plugsuit

•      
  •      

Postby Ozymansiaz1260 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:26 am

Well, there’s a Sachiel face on Unit 01s forehead when her helmet is off, so they could have gotten the design from that. I think the similarity in design, outside of the in-story lore, is just there to make a connection between the angels and humanity.

Edit: In story, I’m pretty sure they couldn’t have known what Sachiel would look like, because the angels can choose whatever physical form the want when they mature, and Sachiel was probably an embryo when the plug suits were created.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Theory on the plugsuit

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:56 pm

I quite agree to the above. On a meta-level yes, the two are obviously similar for the viewer to make a connection, but I wouldn't read too much into it in-universe
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”