Evangelion Pic Thread 11: Mari's Middlesex Manor of Mayhem and Fantabulous Foppery

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Spoiler Fanart, Merchandise and Cosplay

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:32 pm

Well, it looks real cool in that picture so I'm all for it.

What I don't like is Sakura's new stereotypical nurse hat. The new outfit is cool, but I think it would be cooler with the military beret from 3.0.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:48 am

Misato's hair:

SPOILER: Show
It's literally only for a few seconds before she dies. She's flying the ship straight into the giant Rei's eyes and she throws off her captain's hat and pulls the band out of her hair and gives it a shake and she looks like her old self. Then she explodes.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:54 am

View Original Postos189 wrote:Misato's hair:

It's literally only for a few seconds before she dies. She's flying the ship straight into the giant Rei's eyes and she throws off her captain's hat and pulls the band out of her hair and gives it a shake and she looks like her old self. Then she explodes.

Is that the last scene that she appears in the film? Or does she appear at the end?
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:59 am

As far as I remember that's the last we see of her. If she flashes on screen at any point after that it's just a flashback cause that's definitely the end of her.

Microsoft_Sam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:02 am

View Original Postos189 wrote:As far as I remember that's the last we see of her. If she flashes on screen at any point after that it's just a flashback cause that's definitely the end of her.

Right, I was wondering if she appeared in that last sequence with Rei and Kaworu farming because I heard that being bandied around.

Why can't she just survive in any continuity or make it to a new dimension/timeline? ;_;
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:20 am

View Original PostMicrosoft_Sam wrote:
View Original Postos189#913784 wrote:As far as I remember that's the last we see of her. If she flashes on screen at any point after that it's just a flashback cause that's definitely the end of her.

Right, I was wondering if she appeared in that last sequence with Rei and Kaworu farming because I heard that being bandied around.

Why can't she just survive in any continuity or make it to a new dimension/timeline? ;_;

I don't know man. It sucks. Seeing her lifeless body blow up in EoE....that hit me HARD. Still does.

This wasn't AS bad cause you kinda see it coming from a mile away.

She's just destined to be a tragic character, I suppose.

As for that last glimpse of Kaworu and Rei, (this is only MY intepretation)....I still think they are only there to be implied as spirits or souls, not as real, living people. That's always the impression I got with those two. I feel like if they were gonna have them be "real" and "survive" they would have brown hair and blue eyes or something to indicate they're human now. But they didn't, so I still think they're like the Jedi spirits looking on at Shinji from beyond.

JUST how I see it. I could be completely wrong of course.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:25 am

View Original Postos189 wrote:As for that last glimpse of Kaworu and Rei, (this is only MY intepretation)....I still think they are only there to be implied as spirits or souls, not as real, living people. That's always the impression I got with those two. I feel like if they were gonna have them be "real" and "survive" they would have brown hair and blue eyes or something to indicate they're human now. But they didn't, so I still think they're like the Jedi spirits looking on at Shinji from beyond.

Like in Shinji's death scene in Bagheera's Ghosts, then?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:19 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:
View Original Postos189#913796 wrote:As for that last glimpse of Kaworu and Rei, (this is only MY intepretation)....I still think they are only there to be implied as spirits or souls, not as real, living people. That's always the impression I got with those two. I feel like if they were gonna have them be "real" and "survive" they would have brown hair and blue eyes or something to indicate they're human now. But they didn't, so I still think they're like the Jedi spirits looking on at Shinji from beyond.

Like in Shinji's death scene in Bagheera's Ghosts, then?

I have no idea what that is.

Anyway, on the topic of merch, my theater in Saitama was almost completely sold out of everything by the time I got there at noon. On opening day. Japanese fans are absolutely RABID when it comes to "goods"....and that goes for anything. I've seen LINES of people sleeping out overnight to be the first ones for concert t-shirts.

I didn't buy the pamphlet cause I learned my lesson the last few times. It'll be all over Book Off and mercari for a buck eventually. I'll get it later.

The only thing I considered buying was these stickers of the three main girls dressed up in skimpy race queen outfits. It so utterly encapsulates Otaku culture that I wanted at least one, but alas, they were sold out too.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:22 am

Japan is, as usual, quick off the mark...

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:40 am

View Original Postos189 wrote:
View Original Postpwhodges#913798 wrote:Like in Shinji's death scene in Bagheera's Ghosts, then?

I have no idea what that is.

https://forum.evageeks.org/post/882011/Ghosts-of-Evangelion/#882011
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:09 am

Just purchased from eBay for about £30 the pamphlet.

It was right below one listed for £80 LOL

I got the cheaper listed one.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:16 am

I hope you enjoy
Link for a page in Japanese language where there is a description from the film brochure of some terms that will be used in the film
https://ha-navi.com/eva-wo

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:35 am

People are already selling the little picture of Asuka that we got on opening day. I didn't think it would be worth very much considering there's millions of them!

I regret not ordering the LP of "One Last Kiss." It's already sold out and going for like $100. I've been on an LP buying kick lately so that sucks. I'm not spending $100 on it!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:47 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Japan is, as usual, quick off the mark...

she cant grow or she would be old as them so.....everyone lost.
EVERY ONE !
ANATA BAKA !?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:33 pm

Ryoki Kaji's design looks like quite uninspired for me, I would actually prefer if he was a girl instead of a Shinji carbon copy, would somewhat help to solve the confusion between Dad Kaji and Son Kaji, but sincerely that's nitpicking and the least of the problems considering the actual movie.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:56 pm

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:Ryoki Kaji's design looks like quite uninspired for me, I would actually prefer if he was a girl instead of a Shinji carbon copy, would somewhat help to solve the confusion between Dad Kaji and Son Kaji, but sincerely that's nitpicking and the least of the problems considering the actual movie.

uninspired ? he looks exactly like Misato but with Kaji expression.
ANATA BAKA !?

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:22 am

I dunno about Misato but I see 90% of Shinji in Kaji Jr. If you show that pic to someone who has no idea about Misato and Kaji's son, their first thought would be that it's just angry Shinji with a different haircut.

Pluto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Pluto » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:34 am

Speaking of the theatrical pamphlet, does anyone have any information about obtaining a poster that has the full color artwork of the telephone pole, read earth, blue sky, and with the three children in the background from there? It's the first full page picture after the Anno article. Any help would be appreciated. I checked the eva store but it seems the only release is a file folder.
Oh, the clock is ticking out

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:12 am

I should have the pamphlet and assorted posters arriving in a few days, I can take pictures of them then. They were sold out at the theater, I bought them from a scalper (BAD Nuke, BAD for encouraging them) but for this, worth it.

So far from what I can tell, it's lots of pictures of the art and a handful of interviews.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 am

Mari in the beach scene  SPOILER: Show
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”