Nerv HQ layout

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
idohavetheflu
Embryo

Nerv HQ layout

•      
  •      

Postby idohavetheflu » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:23 pm

After watching End of Evangelion for the second time I always wondered what Nerv Hq looked like on the inside. Does anybody have an idea of what it looks like it looks like on the inside?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: Nerv HQ layout

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:08 pm

There's a superstructure (the pyramid) and a substructure where the rest of Nerv is located, like the command room and the Evangelion cages. We know the substructure is quite deep, since an Evangelion has to travel several tens (if not hundreds) of body lengths to get to Terminal Dogma, and that space is big enough for there to be entire ships that don't even come close to scraping the ceiling.

Anecdotally, people enter Nerv through the superstructure and it looks like they can take a long escalator down to the substructure. The command room seems to be located adjacent to the Evangelion cages, since Shinji in episode 19 is seen to push Zeruel through the walls of the command center (which Zeruel reached by descending into a large pipe of some kind) and into an Evangelion cage, then up into a launch tube from which it launches to the surface of the Geofront. Misato and co. are able to run outside fairly quickly, suggesting the command room isn't that far from the surface.

As to the actual physical layout, maybe there are production sketches somewhere?

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:42 pm

To my knowledge there are no hard layout sketches, but what we do know is that the launch pads are situated around the edges of the geofront, based on various scenes in the show and the fact that there is no other place to put them
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:58 am

It seems that Nerv's central command level is hexagonal, if Misato's map is any indication -
https://wiki.evageeks.org/File:Level_B-20.jpg

And the wiki article has some additional useful information, despite its shabby condition-
https://wiki.evageeks.org/Nerv_Headquarters
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

DiracSea902
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DiracSea902 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:44 am

Keep in mind that this is partially headcanon, but if all command and control structures are located within Central Dogma, and Terminal Dogma holds all the classified materials, then I would wager the NERV Pyramid holds all the clerical and executive offices for NERV. HR, Payroll, Gendo's and Fuyutsuki's offices, etc.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”