Godzilla VS Kong VS Evangelion: Scene Parallels (Spoilers)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

sithsauron
Adam

Godzilla VS Kong VS Evangelion: Scene Parallels (Spoilers)

•      
  •      

Postby sithsauron » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:49 pm

So there are 2 scenes in Godzilla vs Kong as well as Kong: Skull Island that have setting parallels and even a few action scene parallels

1. Kong: Skull Island, the first fight scene of Kong taking out the helicopter squad. It almost feels like a straight rip of EOE Eva-02 taking out JSSDF Helicopters before the third impact. I even think they stole some of Eva-02's moves in the choreography.

2. Godzilla vs Kong, fight scene at sea on the air craft carriers. Obviously same setting as EVA TV's fight with Gaghiel vs Eva-02. I don't think this ripped off any choreography or action sequences. Even the choice of setting may be coincidental, or it may have been inspired from.

Does anybody see any other parallels between the Cinematic Monsterverse movies and Evangelion Scenes. Any questions? comments? opinions? Which Evangelion character's soul got reincarnated into Kong and which into Godzilla? For Godzilla, its gotta be Gendo.

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Godzilla VS Kong VS Evangelion: Scene Parallels (Spoilers)

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:48 am

Haven't seen Skull Island but the surface ship battle in GvsK put EVA02's battle immediately into mind. I was sure it was a homage......
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”