Do you know where to find the figure?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Asugran233
Lilith

Do you know where to find the figure?

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:25 am

On deviantart I found a figurine named Asuka referring to episode 10: Magna Diver and I'm curious if any company produced it or was it a fan-made figure.
https://www.deviantart.com/kinggusjr/art/Inflated-Asuka-589348800

In fact, I don't want to find this figurine but find out if it's official or unofficial.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Re: Do you know where to find the figure?

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:01 am

It is resin kit sculpted by Hiroki Katayama (H2-Project), they did a whole bunch of Eva kits for Kurushima as well as events. This one was an event-only kit. Japan has a system where sculptors can apply for 1-day licenses to legitimately sell their creations at special events like Wonderfest.

It still occasionally pops up on mandarake and Yahoo!Japan auctions

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/det ... 1121843358

For future reference if you want to look up Old Eva figures the two go-to resources are the E-Mono Evangelion All Goods Catalog (ISBN4-04-852868-8) which covers up to end of 1997 and Evangelion Figure Archive 1996-2004 (ISBN4-8124-1696-5). Those two will cover the majority of stuff and if you're looking for something not in them you're in for an adventure.

This is the pic from the latter book

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:25 am

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath finding a resin kit of that. It's almost certainly going to be a remold, and after 20 years even that will be sold at an exorbitant price
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu May 27, 2021 11:51 am

One just popped up on Y!J for 3k starting bid
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u441720806

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu May 27, 2021 6:31 pm

Yup, that's the kind of prices that old resin kits often go for. If you want one, you're probably better off scratchbuilding or 3d printing it
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu May 27, 2021 9:03 pm

3k YEN, not $ :P
vs 5k yen MSRP at the time

Old resin really isn't as expensive or rare as long as you know where to look and have patience. This is mostly a case of where the extreme end gets the most attention while missing the forest for the trees. If you know where to look and have patience you can get loads and loads of 90s resin at or below its original MSRP.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu May 27, 2021 9:16 pm

..oh, whoops. Yeah, I'm blind today.
although at that price there's also a fair chance that it's a recast, which is going to have..... varying quality. not that that should be too much of a factor in general, resin is a bitch and a half to work with even on a good cast

But yeah, not everything is a 5SS 1/100 Twin Tower, that is true.
although word of warning to anyone looking to potentially buy this figure or something else: Resin is EXTREMELY toxic, if you don't wear a respirator and follow all the other proper procedure when working with it, you might actually die from breathing the stuff in.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:22 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote: not everything is a 5SS 1/100 Twin Tower

well, apparently this thing is lol

Those last few bids got out of control

2-3 times MSRP for event kits is fairly common, but 24 times? Someone definitely got too much money and a fetish

Well at least the company kits are still pretty easy and cheap to acquire....

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:58 pm

WELP, so much for that. But yeah, resin kits can be a wild ass ride sometimes

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”