Asuka & Shinji's Infinite Playlist: A Post-NGE Manga Fic

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

RLLRRR
Embryo

Asuka & Shinji's Infinite Playlist: A Post-NGE Manga Fic

•      
  •      

Postby RLLRRR » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:47 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

I've been working on and posting this story for several months on reddit and thought I'd share it here. It originally started as a pet project in my head years ago: just a way to tie my career as a musician to my love for the characters of Evangelion. It was during COVID-19's lockdown period that I told my wife I wanted to write it, and she was fully on-board.

It's been a blast for the two of us to collaborate on and I hope you all will enjoy it. I just published Chapter 8 today. Thanks everyone!

Picking up at a fateful encounter with a fiery foreign stranger, Shinji Ikari finds himself feeling the strangest sense of familiarity to the beautiful redhead. Everything appeared normal before that meeting, but now only his SDAT player holds the key to unlock the secret melodies of their shared past.

Follow the playlist on Spotify.
FanFiction.net LINK
Archive of Our Own LINK

Also, redditor /u/MRA-Artworks created this amazing sketch based on my story, and I have to share it everywhere!

Just an adult rekindling his inner teenager while writing Asuka & Shinji's Infinite Playlist:

Picking up at a fateful encounter with a fiery foreign stranger, Shinji Ikari finds himself feeling the strangest sense of familiarity to the beautiful redhead. Everything appeared normal before that meeting, but now only his SDAT player holds the key to unlock the secret melodies of their shared past.

Follow the playlist on Spotify
Read at FanFiction.net
Or Archive of Our Own

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: Asuka & Shinji's Infinite Playlist: A Post-NGE Manga Fic

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:31 pm

This newest fic is a welcome to the Evangelion Fandom Library, thank you for this fic.

I've often mentioned that the crux of Evangelion (at least the parts I especially love in both series and fanfictions), is the development and interactions between the characters we know and love, and you've done exceptionally well for this fic series. :)

While some would say that the Manga ending was the weakest, you've taken that premise and took it into a direction that is both heart-warming, real, down to earth, and with a layer of mystery that keeps us wanting more.

Thank you so much, and we look forward to your next chapter with eager anticipation. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

RLLRRR
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RLLRRR » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:52 pm

Thank you! I've been a big Eva fan since the late 90s, so writing something for it felt fantastic. And I really loved the Manga (Manga Shinji has real Chad energy) and felt the ending needed more.

This story's been difficult because, for all the Manga reader knows, these characters look like Shinji and Asuka, but don't have any of their past traumas. So, technically, everyone is a brand new character. Balancing that between new characters that are still reminiscent of their original characters has been a challenge for sure.

Thanks for reading it! I'm actually working on the next chapter right now!
Just an adult rekindling his inner teenager while writing Asuka & Shinji's Infinite Playlist:

Read at FanFiction.net
Or Archive of Our Own

Asugran233
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:09 am

I just read chapter 1 and I admit that it is a school comedy but who knows ... maybe it will be better. :asuka_thumbsup:

RLLRRR
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RLLRRR » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:04 pm

View Original PostAsugran233 wrote:I just read chapter 1 and I admit that it is a school comedy but who knows ... maybe it will be better. :asuka_thumbsup:

Sorry for the super late reply, I almost forgot I posted this here.

Yeah, I hate the first two chapters the most. One day I'll rework them. I have no idea how it's picked up since then, I'm fortunate people kept giving it a shot.

Hope you enjoy the later portions!

Read at FanFiction.net
Or Archive of Our Own

Return to “Fanfiction”