ITT: Share your favorite Random Little Headcannons about cast, tech & events

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CosmoNot
Embryo

Re: ITT: Share your favorite Random Little Headcannons about cast, tech & events

•      
  •      

Postby CosmoNot » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:06 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Welcome to EGF, and thanks for reminding me about those ancient wiki articles that haven't been touched in 14 years. I'm sorry if any corrections to those mess up your headcanon!

Thanks! And no, in fact I would love to see the wiki be updated with more truly canon info
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.” -General George S. Patton

Alan_81
Embryo

Re: ITT: Share your favorite Random Little Headcannons about cast, tech & events

•      
  •      

Postby Alan_81 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:10 am

View Original PostDixiit wrote:A few HC's on the background of SEELE.

Keel Lorenz, a commoner with a natural interest in the occult, was born in 1900, and served in WW1. He joined the Thule Society during the Interwar Period, but found their theories to be too racially charged and went off to have Indiana Jones-esque adventures during WW2, where he eventually found the secret Dead Sea Scrolls before creating SEELE out of the connections he forged with occultists, industrialists and other people of power.

He's also Yui Ikari's father, but I haven't quite worked that one out yet.

“He's also Yui Ikari's father” Snap! this has been my gut feeling for some time too. It would explain why Gendo Ikari‘s marrage to Yui would be the “backstory” reason as to why Gendo (an outsider) is drawn into Keels sphere of influence… It accounts for how Keel repeatedly convinces SEELE they need Gendo to fulfil their prophecy?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:16 am

View Original PostCosmoNot wrote:Thanks! And no, in fact I would love to see the wiki be updated with more truly canon info

I'm sorry that those articles weren't dealt with sooner. Nearly all of their content comes from a time when a genuine weirdo de facto took over our wiki and flooded it with misconceptions, fabrications and total nonsense. All the relevant background material regarding the state of the Post-2I world can be pieced together from the supplemental information, background dialogue, the Episode 07 Second Impact document, and so on. It's just that making sure that all the information presented is genuine and free of misconceptions takes something of an effort, and those articles have almost never been on the "radar" of our active contributors.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:47 am

View Original PostAlan_81 wrote:
View Original PostDixiit#924006 wrote:A few HC's on the background of SEELE.

Keel Lorenz, a commoner with a natural interest in the occult, was born in 1900, and served in WW1. He joined the Thule Society during the Interwar Period, but found their theories to be too racially charged and went off to have Indiana Jones-esque adventures during WW2, where he eventually found the secret Dead Sea Scrolls before creating SEELE out of the connections he forged with occultists, industrialists and other people of power.

He's also Yui Ikari's father, but I haven't quite worked that one out yet.

“He's also Yui Ikari's father” Snap! this has been my gut feeling for some time too. It would explain why Gendo Ikari‘s marrage to Yui would be the “backstory” reason as to why Gendo (an outsider) is drawn into Keels sphere of influence… It accounts for how Keel repeatedly convinces SEELE they need Gendo to fulfil their prophecy?

It makes a sense because it would cut out uneccesary middlemen. But on the other hands, their last names are different and Yui doesn't look especially european.
Maybe she's his grandchild via a daughter? But that creates uneccesary middlemen again, might as well just make up a Japanese SEELE member to be her father.

I remember this one fic where Gendo murders his father-in-law both to get the Japanese committee seat & seize control of the SEELE assets in Japan, but also to throw him into Unit Zero, and that was that fic's explanation for whose soul is in there.
Doesn't work quite as well if it's not your daughter but a clone.

Though if you ask me the EVA bonding is psychological in nature so it probably wouldn't depend on genetics. So, an adoptive mother would work too if she was the main person who handled you as a toddler & truly thinks of you as her child, but a clone who never knew you wouldn't - As per ep 14 Rei does not get any boost in EVA 01, her numbers are the same (while Shinji has a noticeable difference in EVA 01 vs. 00)
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:10 pm

• Rei washes herself not with shampoo or body wash, but store-brand dishwashing liquid. She buys whatever scent is on sale. Mostly blue. She smells like blue.
  • Asuka steals Misato's perfume and shampoo whenever possible.
  • Ritsuko and Misato were *roommates* (oh my god they were roommates)
  • Rits is commonly known as "Dr. Pullring" among her subordinates, but only when she is out of earshot.
  • SEELE was so worried about budgets despite the fact that money won't matter anymore after everyone ascends to spiritual bliss because they were blowing a trillion dollars a week on hookers and blow. Every time Shinji blows out Unit 01's knee joint, that's a lapdance they can't afford.
  • They knew when the angels would show up because they were keeping them in big boxes somewhere.
  • PenPen speaks five human languages fluently, he just doesn't have anything to say to these idiots.
  • There were actually several thousand people on the beaches where Shinji and Asuka returned to physical form. They were just too tired of the kids and their shit to go check on them.
  • In EOE the meaning of Asuka stroking Shinji's cheek is that she was into that shit. When she said she felt sick, she was disgusted with herself, but had given up on fighting it.
  • Gendo has committed crimes against nature in Unit 01's entry plug.
  • Induction into SEELE requires a series of arcane rituals known as: The Walk in the Desert, The Unblinking Eye, and the Paddling of the Swollen Ass (With Paddles)
  • LCL tastes like snot with rust in it.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:03 am

^
Who is giving them lap dances?! Why are they so expensive?!
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

EvaChero
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:08 am

LOL, bravo Nat the Cat :D
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

Natalie the Cat
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Natalie the Cat » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:20 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^
Who is giving them lap dances?! Why are they so expensive?!

They are the lap dances of the gods

These lap dances were the jewel of Odin's treasure room!

Asugran233
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:07 am

SPOILER: Show
In Rebuild world, Gendo left Farmer

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:26 pm

View Original PostNatalie the Cat wrote:[*]Asuka steals Misato's perfume and shampoo whenever possible.

checks out. It's like the storgic equivalent of tsundere
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

FransHalation
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FransHalation » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:11 am

View Original PostNatalie the Cat wrote:
SPOILER: Show
  • Rei washes herself not with shampoo or body wash, but store-brand dishwashing liquid. She buys whatever scent is on sale. Mostly blue. She smells like blue.
  • Asuka steals Misato's perfume and shampoo whenever possible.
  • Ritsuko and Misato were *roommates* (oh my god they were roommates)
  • Rits is commonly known as "Dr. Pullring" among her subordinates, but only when she is out of earshot.
  • SEELE was so worried about budgets despite the fact that money won't matter anymore after everyone ascends to spiritual bliss because they were blowing a trillion dollars a week on hookers and blow. Every time Shinji blows out Unit 01's knee joint, that's a lapdance they can't afford.
  • They knew when the angels would show up because they were keeping them in big boxes somewhere.
  • PenPen speaks five human languages fluently, he just doesn't have anything to say to these idiots.
  • There were actually several thousand people on the beaches where Shinji and Asuka returned to physical form. They were just too tired of the kids and their shit to go check on them.
  • In EOE the meaning of Asuka stroking Shinji's cheek is that she was into that shit. When she said she felt sick, she was disgusted with herself, but had given up on fighting it.
  • Gendo has committed crimes against nature in Unit 01's entry plug.
  • Induction into SEELE requires a series of arcane rituals known as: The Walk in the Desert, The Unblinking Eye, and the Paddling of the Swollen Ass (With Paddles)
  • LCL tastes like snot with rust in it.

We know Asuka took her yellow shirt both times she tried to do something 'grown up' with Shinji. The Wall of Jericho fiasco and kiss. Fits with her obsession with adulthood. I love all of these.

Please, do not quote an entire post, trim it down only the relevant bit you’re interesting to address – JoelcrNeto

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”