A light dust off and a hello

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

A light dust off and a hello

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:38 am

Hello all, it has been a while.

Watching the latest Rebuild (all things are spoily so I shall relegate that to where it should be) has kind of reminded me of this place, and hoped I might have something constructive to add there. I am shouting at whoever, that one must not let Anno go, but I digress.

I think it has been generally a decade since I was properly active. A lot has gone on for me, for good or worse. It has come to light, probably not too surprisingly, that I have not been quite as stable as society would have liked for the majority of my life and counting. This forum has been a mix of being an anchor and an outlet, and due to this, I look back at roller coaster switching from lucidity to megalomaniacal ramblings. I apologise for what could be moments on the uncouth side to generalised and uncontrollable outlet of fantasy. My memory is betraying me quite a bit so I am a little surprised to be honest.

There are things that have changed, there are things that definitely have not changed. My circumstances has changed (to my chagrin), I am forced to be 'productive' and others. My general perception has changed, probably towards a more pessimistic side due to the vindication of my various views; a lot has been proven correct to my dismay. To be honest, I don't think I have become better, but I guess from a third person, I might have come out from a darker place.

My current vocation has taken me towards entertainment, and the interest I have is probably the only thing that get me going. However, the wish to dropout from society is great.

Aside from all of this, I am doing relatively well. Sort of.

Hopefully, I can maybe catchup with decades of backlog. This seems to be a general downer, and I don't know how long I can properly stick around, but it is comforting to know this place is still humming with activity and still at it!
I feel old

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: A light dust off and a hello

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:12 pm

Hi, The Imperialist and welcome back!

I wasn't here when you were and I can't say I've wandered around your old posts either, but you're certainly welcome here and you seem like a cool dude, so I'm looking forward to seeing you to contribute here once again. It's sad that you're having problems and that those problems found their way into your old posts, but the past is the past and besides, I believe this exciting time for us Eva fans will make all of us at least a little happier.

All-in-all, welcome back and I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:34 pm

Welcome back. Saw you around yesterday and was surprised since it had been so long. Also, nice new avatar.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:01 am

Thank you all for your kind words!
I feel old

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:04 pm

*Plays the Ride of the Valkyries in the background*

Impy, old chap! You're not here to sip tea and polish boots, eh, what? :wink:

Your post is surprisingly thoughtful and reflective, but I guess it's because I've been around since the days you first came here, and those were quite memorable. From someone who was around back in the day - I accept your apology and understand how it's been. 13 years is a long time to change, and I'm surprised at how long it's been already.

I do not know what worldviews of yours got vindicated; from my part I sincerely hope that there's a bright side to your journey and that you're a better person for all that you've gone through.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:49 pm

Now this is a Rebuild twist. Welcome back, Impy!

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”