Cruiser seen in Episode 08 Cut 119

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Cruiser seen in Episode 08 Cut 119

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:15 am

With reference to the image below and this comment by ASW_Canuck -

SPOILER: Show

When you commented that it wasn't a California, I took a look at the California, Albany and Virginia classes. And the best fit for that silhouette still looks to be a California.

Neither the 5-inch gun mounting aft nor the bow ASROC launcher fit the Virginia, and the California has a hull that slopes upwards towards the bow at the point where the door into the forward superstructure leads (which matches the ship in the image).

That being said, the shape of the masts looks less like the California's funnel-shaped masts and more like those on the Albany that you pointed out -

So either this is an error in drawing a California and using the funnel/mast shapes on an older cruiser for reference or that's something else entirely.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ASW_Canuck
Embryo

Re: Cruiser seen in Episode 08 Cut 119

•      
  •      

Postby ASW_Canuck » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:37 pm

100% walk-back on this entire thread, what we're looking at is a Tachikaze-class guided missile destroyer of the JMSDF. Serves me right for railroading myself down the USN ship path, without even considering the possibility of it being a JMSDF vessel.

UrsusArctos

Re: Cruiser seen in Episode 08 Cut 119

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:04 pm

My fault too - I was so obsessed with looking up USN vessels that I completely ignored the obvious! Thank you so much for your help!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”