Theory About battle between Eva01 and Eva13 (Possible Spoiler)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ShikinamiBogard
Embryo

Theory About battle between Eva01 and Eva13 (Possible Spoiler)

•      
  •      

Postby ShikinamiBogard » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:17 am

There is a sketch in which Eva01 is seen walking with the longinus spear heading to various "paths" which can be a representation of the problems and errors that Shinji must face.
From what little seen in the trailers and trailers it can be see a direct confrontation of Wille against NERV, Misato fighting the Wunder of NERV, Asuka and Mari waging their own battle against the Infinity Rifts in the vortices of what seems like the other impact, but the most important one is Shinji's battle.

SPOILER: Show
With this I can start with the theory: This battle for me can occur in human instrumentalization, with a Shinji facing his fears and mistakes to get ahead, one of them can be starting with Ayanami, the image tying the ribbon of her uniform It may be a farewell to Ayanami, implying that Shinji accepts her as such and partly faces what is his mother for the first time (perhaps for this reason perhaps the symbolic theme one last kiss) .The confrontation with Gendo It will be another of those obstacles to overcome, in the end he will have to face his father with all that this entails. Now, the final key would be a conversation with Kaworu in which he must decide what to do with humanity, move forward or try to remedy what happened and this is when a battle against Eva13 with which Gendo has managed to initiate the complementation would enter. Human (yes, I'm talking about Shinji entering with 01 to stop the Human complementation that Gendo starts with Eva13) Note: I may change some texts that I don't explain very well. What do you think?

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Theory About battle between Eva01 and Eva13 (Possible Spoiler)

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:18 pm

Like you, I have been thinking the scenes with Eva-01 and a pristine Tokyo-3 could be part of an abstract sequence, possibly Instrumentality. But with the epic runtime, maybe the world really does get fixed, and the story's scope just goes even beyond that.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

ShikinamiBogard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ShikinamiBogard » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:25 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Like you, I have been thinking the scenes with Eva-01 and a pristine Tokyo-3 could be part of an abstract sequence, possibly Instrumentality. But with the epic runtime, maybe the world really does get fixed, and the story's scope just goes even beyond that.

yes in some way they gonna need to stop de unit13 , and yes they gonna fix ther world without Evas, they gonna fixed by their own

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:36 pm

Like you, I have been thinking the scenes with Eva-01 and a pristine Tokyo-3 could be part of an abstract sequence, possibly Instrumentality.

Well it may be, but for me they could be fighting in Shinji's dream world (the one he's in with Rei Quantum in 1.0 and 2.0).Well it may be, but for me they could be fighting in Shinji's dream world (the one he's in with Rei Quantum in 1.0 and 2.0). It will be very interesting to find out what their conflict is about, maybe the control of the 2 Spears?

But with the epic runtime, maybe the world really does get fixed, and the story's scope just goes even beyond that.

Yes maybe the world could be fixed, but the thing that really causes me so many questions is the fact that Evangelion 01 still has its arm and none of the damage it showed at the end 2.0. Well maybe Gendo managed to get it back and fix it, or as you said they are fighting inside a world created by Instrumentality, then there is the solution that a lot of members of this forum hate: time travel. I also don't like this theory of time travel but from my personal point of view I don't think we will have to deny every theory because it seems crazy and a shortcut to Shinji's problems, I mean until we see the film we can not know if we like the way Anno will end the film or not.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:43 pm

The reason why so many people dislike the time travel theory has less to do with them disliking the implications of it and more with it not making any sense-besides from the fact we have no conclusive clue about time travel even existing in such a form in NTE, time travel would also go against Q's rather important message of moving on from the past and accepting the fact you can't undo what's already been done.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Zusuchan it is true what you said but from my personal point of view time travel is simply one of the possible solutions to the fact that at the moment we have no explanation as to why in the trailer we see Tokyo III restored and Eva 01 without that damages on the core and the armor.I know well that Anno is able to give us a better and more logical solution at this.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:40 pm

View Original PostShikinamiBogard wrote:yes in some way they gonna need to stop de unit13 , and yes they gonna fix ther world without Evas, they gonna fixed by their own

Especially now that the first scene of Shin revealed that an Angel Sealing Pillar can purify an entire region from core corruption, so the plan to restore the world by the slow way instead of relying on Evas and Impacts is much more viable than before this revelation.

Now for where exactly that battle takes place, it's important to remember that we're still not 100% sure that it's Tokyo-3, in the 12-24 trailer thread, I noticed that the city in the trailer had three solar panel towers, while Tokyo-3 had six of those towers :

City in the trailer:

Tokyo-3:

So while it's possible that the 13 vs 01 battle happens in Instrumentality, there's also the possibility that this will be the famous "place where the Lilin" are, or maybe that will be another city that was spared the destruction caused by Third Impact and will be restored like Paris was at the end of the movie, and that this battle will be Shinji fighting to defend his now home while he failed to protect Tokyo-3.

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Yes maybe the world could be fixed, but the thing that really causes me so many questions is the fact that Evangelion 01 still has its arm and none of the damage it showed at the end 2.0. Well maybe Gendo managed to get it back and fix it, or as you said they are fighting inside a world created by Instrumentality, then there is the solution that a lot of members of this forum hate: time travel.

In Q when the Wunder shows a video image of EVA-01 we can see that it had its chest armor back :

There was a lot of speculation about how this was possible back when Q was released. The two leading theories were that either it was WILLE's doing (if they had some of EVA-01's spare parts) or that somewhere during the timeskip NERV put back the armor on 01. After all, these "armors" are actually more restrains than protections, and you definitively want a monster like EVA-01 to be as restrained as possible.
As for the arm, it might had regrew at some point during the timskip, possibly when the spear was removed from it (like Lilith regenerating her legs when the LoL was removed from her chest in NGE), in which case again either NERV during the timeskip or WILLE when they salvaged it put it back along the chest armor.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:55 pm

The two leading theories were that either it was WILLE's doing (if they had some of EVA-01's spare parts) or that somewhere during the timeskip NERV put back the armor on 01. After all, these "armors" are actually more restrains than protections, and you definitively want a monster like EVA-01 to be as restrained as possible.
As for the arm, it might had regrew at some point during the timskip, possibly when the spear was removed from it (like Lilith regenerating her legs when the LoL was removed from her chest in NGE), in which case again either NERV during the timeskip or WILLE when they salvaged it put it back along the chest armor.

ElMariachi What you wrote makes sense enough but the problem for me is that the core of the Evangelion in theory should have been completely destroyed by Cassius' spear and therefore it would no longer have to represent any threat and also the Evangelion Unit 01 in the trailer does not show in the his back no wound attributable to the attack of a spear. Not to mention the fact that in the preview of 3.333 Shinji and Eva 01 are in what seems to be the very base of the old Nerv as if nothing had happened in Tokyo III :| With this post I am not trying to support the theory of time travel but instead to make you understand how many unanswered questions still have before us :huh:

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:05 pm

Rebuild 01 has two cores, it absorbed one from Unit 00/Zeruel, Eva 13 has two cores too.
Just to add some more bit of inconsistent EVA design: How are the 2 Spear of Longinus fitting in the Old Control System of Unit 01 which 13 is currently situated? Did they change their forms to accommodate it?
I hear various people talking about 13 X 01 battle but nobody says a little about Shinji switching the sides of the Spear of Cassius to possibly unleash another more powerful and probably of angellic origin attack (since it shows Shinji going directly into purple eyes after that). EVA 13 is also cutely protecting its core with another pair of arms.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

ohno2100
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ohno2100 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:12 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Now for where exactly that battle takes place, it's important to remember that we're still not 100% sure that it's Tokyo-3, in the 12-24 trailer thread, I noticed that the city in the trailer had three solar panel towers, while Tokyo-3 had six of those towers :

City in the trailer:

Tokyo-3:

So while it's possible that the 13 vs 01 battle happens in Instrumentality, there's also the possibility that this will be the famous "place where the Lilin" are, or maybe that will be another city that was spared the destruction caused by Third Impact and will be restored like Paris was at the end of the movie, and that this battle will be Shinji fighting to defend his now home while he failed to protect Tokyo-3.

There's actually four Solar Panels if you look closely. You can see them better by going back to the trailer and pausing it at 1:10.

Also, i recall Reichu posting on her Twitter that the number of Solar Panels in the trailer match the amount that were left in 2.0 during the Near Third Impact.

ImageImage

This has to mean something. Perhaps the battle really is taking place in Tokyo 3. But that just leaves one major question.... how? :reiquiz:

ShikinamiBogard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ShikinamiBogard » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:51 am

There's actually four Solar Panels if you look closely. You can see them better by going back to the trailer and pausing it at 1:10.

Also, i recall Reichu posting on her Twitter that the number of Solar Panels in the trailer match the amount that were left in 2.0 during the Near Third Impact.

ImageImage

This has to mean something. Perhaps the battle really is taking place in Tokyo 3. But that just leaves one major question.... how? :reiquiz:

Maybe WILLE restores Tokyo 3 with the pilars like they do on Paris, but i dont know , but khara always hide background on their teasers so those images are not the complete animation

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:26 am

Personally I believe the final battle is taking place not in Instrumentality but in the real world. The shot of Tokyo-3 might possibly be the speculated Lilin city or "Tokyo 4" as I like to call it. I believe after the tech and resources we saw in 3.33, rebuilding a new city as good as Tokyo 3 in 14 years time is entirely possible. How can they protect a city as large as Tokyo-3 from attacks in post-apocalyptic world? The answer lies in the old '97 interview Anno gave in Schizo & Prano:

Anno explained: “There is a city surrounded by an A.T. Field, and in that city live only humans. There is only one bridge in or out of the city. Outside the walls of the A.T. Field live Angels who prey on humans.”

I think this is Anno reusing his old idea in the NTE. After 3rd Impact, Japan must have shifted it's capital to a new place. Use the Angel hex sealing tech to purify the corefied area. Use a technology like EVA 13 drones to create an artificial AT field on a city wide scale. Rebuilt this settlement into a new capital city "Tokyo-4". Same thing must have done in different parts of the world. This is how human civilization must have moved forward while Shinji slept.

Also since Anno loves repeating same shots and motifs. I think it will be fitting to see Shinji fighting to defend his new home and friends on his own volition instead of being guilt tripped to save Rei in the opening of 1.0. Shinji comes full circle.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:34 am

Saint Eva wrote:
The shot of Tokyo-3 might possibly be the speculated Lilin city or "Tokyo 4" as I like to call it. I believe after the tech and resources we saw in 3.33, rebuilding a new city as good as Tokyo 3 in 14 years time is entirely possible.

Considering that much of the tech and resources in Q were used to save the world and the landscape around was very much not very good, I lean to think that there is no "Tokyo 4". Even if somehow, despite all logic, there was, then it certainly wouldn't be as high-tech, sleek and reminiscent of Tokyo-3 as it is.

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:23 pm

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:
Saint Eva wrote:
The shot of Tokyo-3 might possibly be the speculated Lilin city or "Tokyo 4" as I like to call it. I believe after the tech and resources we saw in 3.33, rebuilding a new city as good as Tokyo 3 in 14 years time is entirely possible.

Considering that much of the tech and resources in Q were used to save the world and the landscape around was very much not very good, I lean to think that there is no "Tokyo 4". Even if somehow, despite all logic, there was, then it certainly wouldn't be as high-tech, sleek and reminiscent of Tokyo-3 as it is.

It's because we only saw scenes through Shinji's perspective and through WILLE. It's either when they're refueling in icy waters or during battles or during space missions. Wunder itself is as big as a Star Destroyer, not to mention all dozens of helicopters during that scene and their endless supply of Aircraft carriers. All this, including advancement in tech, suggests me they should have enough resources to spend on non-war activities for the last 14 years.

They already have experience of rebuilding from 2nd Impact, sure back then they're weren't under constant Angel attacks. They were developing the tech to purify water in 2.0 and now we know they have the tech to purify the core area too. An artificial AT field is possible through whatever tech that hopper drones use. I doubt rest of humanity who aren't involved in the war, didn't tried to move forward like the old days and rebuild a new city like used to live in pre-3rd Impact days. I could be wrong and the situation of humanity outside Wille and Nerv could turn out worse, but I am remaining hopeful.

duppertip
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby duppertip » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:29 pm

On the other hand there are hoards of EVA4 mass models that are attacking Wille and the like, with Nemesis series being undefeated/too hard to fight prior to Wunder's launch. If any such hoard attacked Lilin city... it would overwhelm it, unless other factions have standing armies made of Evangelion. After all, Gargoylutsuki made it clear that they do attack a lot and aren't passive, not giving much break to Wille.

Unless Tokyo-4 lies in Antartics, on the end of the 2nd impact zone and staying unnoticed due to that, I fail to see how would Nerv miss it. Although even this is a direct reference to Nadia so they must have know :emogendo:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:52 pm

View Original PostShikinamiBogard wrote:Maybe WILLE restores Tokyo 3 with the pilars like they do on Paris, but i dont know , but khara always hide background on their teasers so those images are not the complete animation

That's impossible, even if the four remaining solar towers were repaired between N3I and TI, since all that remained of Tokyo-3 was obliterated when the Black Moon emerged from underground during Fourth Impact, so for me that only leave a few possibilities:
  • this isn't really Tokyo-3, but a mental reconstruction in Instrumentality
  • this isn't Tokyo-3, but another city
  • Khara is using a placeholder background to hide from us the real place of the fight
  • some time travel bullshit

View Original Postduppertip wrote:On the other hand there are hoards of EVA4 mass models that are attacking Wille and the like, with Nemesis series being undefeated/too hard to fight prior to Wunder's launch. If any such hoard attacked Lilin city... it would overwhelm it, unless other factions have standing armies made of Evangelion. After all, Gargoylutsuki made it clear that they do attack a lot and aren't passive, not giving much break to Wille.

Unless Tokyo-4 lies in Antartics, on the end of the 2nd impact zone and staying unnoticed due to that, I fail to see how would Nerv miss it. Although even this is a direct reference to Nadia so they must have know :emogendo:

The Mark.04/EVA-04 (funny how their name changed from "Mark" to "EVA" once Gendo toppled SEELE) don't seem to have an AT-Field as strong as a regular Eva or an Angel, since Mari is seen mowing down a lot of them with her machine guns (which are notoriously noneffective against Angels), so maybe a city's regular defenses are enough to fend of the neo-NERV drones.
Having the city defenses actually be useful, that would be something never seen before! :rofl:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”