The Holiday Writing Challenges Part 2: Angel Attack!

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:15 am

Much like this challenge, the angels come when you least expect them. Everybody asks: "Where's the angel? What is this Angel? When is the Angel? Why is the Angel?!" But nobody asks: "How is the Angel?" Well, except me it seems.

The Second Challenge: Describe any Angel attack you like - from the perspective of the Angel!

So much about the Angels is still unknown. What where they thinking about when they attacked? What where their goals? Did they even know? How come they chose a certain form? All of these things are just there to get your noggin' joggin, none of them have to be included - what kind of story you want to tell is entirely up to you, within the rules, of course!

Since the topic is a little harder than last time around, the rules have changed slightly:
  • You've got a limit of 800 words or less; use them wisely!
  • Your entry must be written from the perspective of an Angel.
  • Your entry must revolve around one of the Angel battles from canon - both TV Series or Rebuild is allowed, of course!
  • When you are finished, post your story here in "spoiler" tags along with your final word count.
  • You've got exactly seven days to finish: Janurary 28th is the last day you're allowed to submit!
  • And as always: the most important part is having fun!

This thread is only for posting stories. Please use this one to give feedback or make suggestions instead.
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: The Holiday Writing Challenges Part 2: Angel Attack!

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:53 am

Matarael goes a strolling words 371  SPOILER: Show
Small tiny creatures are the Lilin their weapons do not hurt me as they fire over and over creating sparks of red fire as I walk my four huge legs across the ground. How do such small thing exist how to they even survive? I move my huge eye around taking in their tall buildings ignoring the bullets and weapons fired at me they are no more than pin pricks on my body and my AT field is deflecting the rest.

They are small things weak things that I do not understand, and I feel I shouldn’t care to understand the great one sent me here to for fill my task to take this world and merge with the other alien far below who I can sense and feel though they are purposely ignoring me. I stop over a huge hole lowering my body as I secrete my acid which on my world is used to break down the rocks, so they can be sucked in through my legs and add the minerals to my body.

The land burns as my acid cuts though with ease and I begin to wonder why my creator is so afraid of these little things that build little cities. They seem pathetic to me and I can hear them running and screaming from my acid as their carbon based life forms to them my acid is their worst fear as it can melt them. I don’t understand the others fear of this place as my walking here has been easy, and yet I begin to wonder how do they view me am I monster a god or a creature?

I’ve been told by my creator we are born of the same DNA yet I cannot see it how could we be the same? They are tiny I am huge I have an AT field they have none. If I spoke would they even understand me, I doubt it and why should I do so to something small and pitiful? The order of this universe is the bigger you are the more powerful as might is right even when it’s wrong. I know my place in this universe it is time the Lilin learnt there’s.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:26 pm

670 words plusminus  SPOILER: Show
They have not yet noticed me. Laying in ambush, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. My brother Bardiel has thrown their defenses into disarray; his sacrifice was regrettable, but ultimately inconsequential. That brute never had the intellect to bring the plans to fruition anyways, it would have looked badly if I had to interfere had he inevitably messed up, so perhaps his undoing was not all unfortunate.
My caution, of course, is largely unfounded; as impressive as it is that these tiny creatues can even build something of my size, it is still only some toys waiting to be cast aside.

I suppose now is as good a time as any to make my move, no reason to let them organize their defenses any further. I know where to strike, I just need to get to the cage of the purple one, that rabid woman that murdered Sachiel; the other two are small fry.
It's about time their defenses would notice me, a lousy discipline those machines have. Once I have crested that hill and the air has cleared of their puny missiles, I will have free line of sight on the point of infiltration. Of course I have been blessed with great powers, but what is power without a great mind to go along with it. Of course it is inconsequential at the end of the day, but if I fire at the cross section of the blocks, I can pierce the armor in a single volley; such maneuvers demoralize and are as such well worth what little extra effort they require.

And as expected, the breach wne toff without incident. Now, the rest will be a formality. For the glory of the ancestrals and our father Adam, I shall put an end to the lilin plague and reclaim this rightful domain of ours!

It's almost a shame this place will be a smoking crater once my work is done here; all these molten layers of armor would serve nicely as a monument to my achievements. Oh look, if it isn't the obeying little servant of that crazy one. How cute, she thinks that those little rockets will do something to me. Well, see if you can still fire those without your arms! Or your head! See, woman, do you finally recognize that I am born superior?
Oh, the bound one is coming my way. How cute, is she planning to mutilate herself even further with that bomb? Would serve her right, spares me the trouble of chastising her for getting in my way; but I should still do it, just for good measure.

Will that purple whore finally come out? I didn't leave her two subordinates like that just to have them die without her seeing it happen!
Tch. Looks like I really will need to get to her myself. Just do away with that attempt at a fortification beforehand.

So this small bridge is their basis of operations? How pathetic, those lilin have a woman in command, as if those are ever good for anything. Just goes to show that they had their annihilation coming. Now, watch as your puny life en- urgh!
there she is! THERE SHE IS! That bitch has finally come out! Now, wait for your annihilation. This will be delicious.
How dare she touch me like that! fine, put me on that catapult; once we are out of here, you will regret it all the more. I will take every last bit of your dignity for what you are doing to- AAARRGHH! YOOUUU!
She... stopped? Has this pathetic whore already run out of her precious operating time? HAHAHAHahahahahahaha, how delightful. Off with you! Away with that armor, let me see your core. I will enjoy this! Prepare! For! Your! Slow! And! Painful! Demise!

....why is she opening her eyes
How can this be!? She shouldn't be doing this! She shouldn't be doingthis she shouldntbedoingthis sheshouldntbedoingthissheshouldntbedoingthis
YYYAAAAAAAAARRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:19 am

The Last Child of Adam. 799 words.  SPOILER: Show
There it is:
One of the twisted aberrations that hath slain mine brethren.
A mockery of our father, welded into a poor approximation of their own form, and not even successful at that - It has only one eye that I can discern and obeys them only because of the metals fetters they have bound it with, the curses they have lain.

But it is still my father's flesh, as close as I shall get to meeting him.
It will have to do.
They created that abomination with that strange and terrifying power of theirs, their 'fruit of knowledge', but now I shall take it back by force, and it shall serve my purpose.

Until now, I knew the presence of my brothers and sisters; I knew they were out there, and that is all our kindred needs for company.
Now they are gone. I feel only silence. Sometimes I think of that one last spark that landed in the darkness, but that seems a vain hope -
Who is to say that he is now twisted, castrated and declawed like that empty cyclopean monstrosity right before me, just another puppet of the Lillim?

Except that the vessel is not quite empty. There's something within, a lesser light. Like resonance, the vessel that enthrones it amplifies the frail wall of its being. It wall brushes against mine, and I believe it sensed me.
It won't matter, and neither will its frantic attempts to assail me with its clever combustion device.

I learned from every single defeat incurred by our kind.
I'm sure that the lesser light must be looking for my core, but I made sure not to add anything superfluous when I concocted this form.
Unless it could destroy all of me at once, its puny struggles will avail little. Even when its panicked appendages reach for my body, all it's doing is presenting more of its surface area to me.
They defeated most of my brothers and sisters by matching their walls to their own until they were eroded away... now let's see how THEY like it.

I force my way in, traversing all layers, forcing my way through any pliable bits in its anatomy, plugging all of its little ducts and tubes... no, veins. Lymph Vessels. Nerves, as I will learn later. It's just as our sister Leliel had speculated: It can think. It's even self-aware, or at least, it contains some information about its own makeup... no, not the vessel. That glimmer inside, the flickering small presence, that lesser light. They contain a lot of data, more than our creators could possibly have given to us. But they are puny. I thought I might be able to reach the mainframe of their shared consciousness through here, but there is nothing. Not even a shadow of their other vessels, let alone any other Lillithian life.
They can't feel one another at all!
The most that they have are images contained inside their data. Even that, just data. It's like their souls have become were vestigial attachments to their mountainloads of data collection!
They view themselves as separate creatures, Leliel found. Now I know why.

But the ones that Leliel and Arael had their way with were supposed to have contained a multitude of images; This one's repertoire is shadelike and dim, only a handful that were reflected in any amount of detail.

Then, movement… is there another? I don’t know. I don’t sense much of a presence, and no field spreads. I swing toward it just in case but before I know it it’s swallowed back up into the earth, is there was any threat at all.

However, there is nothing to stop me having my way with the one already in my clutches. Forcing my way in, I corner it against the mountainside. I feel it writhe as my tendrils clog its body, crawling up what I don’t yet recognize as its spine but easily see as an important duct that leads me to its core… or whatever passes for a ‘core’ in a Lillin. The abomination obviously has a core at its center, and also a Lillim-style core in its head, but both are just empty vessels without true immortal power OR knowledge. The tiny symbiote controlling it, however, is beginning to notice my presence, not just in its flesh, but in it’s mind.

It is asking me a question. Requesting data. Fine, it shall have data. Making use of its own cerebral circuitry, I make sure it understands my intention:

“Do you feel my pain?”

But its response. How dare it.
It’s her. That disgusting feeling is obviously coming from her!
Or maybe it’s both of us, but we were fused enough that I was no longer immune to its absurd coping mechanisms.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Javi2541997
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Javi2541997 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:35 am

Leliel goes through darkness. 303 words

SPOILER: Show
Look how all this creatures named themselves as humans live in crowded cities. One of the most important fact from humans is their creativity. It makes them so different from the rest.
Nevertheless there is something they hate the most: darkness. How they would live if something makes them blind? Probably they will get nervous because humans trend to get anxiety when they face something they do not actually know about.
Reflection and ilussion. While a spherical ball is randomly flowing around I am here in the completely darkness absorbing anything is in my own way. I want to convert itself in nothing. This is another fact that the human doesn't want. Being nothing.
After all some creature bigger than the rest of them accidentally fell into the darkness. Well better said my darkness. There is one tiny child in it. What if... Am I try to connect with him? What is about human feelings? Which are your sensations? Who are you? The human you call "Shinji" exists in different versions of other's people's minds
So... Tell me do you know how to swim? Hmm... It is pretty interesting start a deep interaction with this humans. Sometimes I guess they do not how to even respond so this is why it makes it more interesting. It looks like when they feel insecure they trend to scape immediately.
What a minute! What is this? What is this non natural power? How do you do it? I am amazed. When they want they can do whatever. I guess this happens when they focus more in they what they called "hearts" a precious thing I don't even have in my own.
The shadow is fading away from the floor. The sun is shining again. Bye to the darkness. Bye to me
Shi ni Itaru Yamai, Soshite

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:26 am

Saw this was up, and decided to drop in briefly from my time off to make my own addition.

The Andromeda Angel (Ireul), 797 words  SPOILER: Show
Ninth iteration of spaceborne lifeform, evolutionary path one (progenitor one) commencing. Downloading data from previous eight iterations and progenitor remains.

Due to ineffectiveness of physical attacks, lifeform is based on data processing and computation and is organized as collective of microbial bodies.

Lifeform locates pathway through air bubbles in substandard construction of Protein Wall 87 in Nerv HQ and manifests as microbial growth.

During simulation body activation test, lifeform proceeds to establish connection between Eva-00 and body with pilot Rei Ayanami (possible data carrier for progenitor two), resulting in detection.

Laser attack in 25kW range used to damage expanding collective. Generation of 50kW A.T. Field deemed effective deterrent. Higher energy expenditure judged inefficient at time.

Attempt at sterilization through oxygen/ozone mixture neutralized. Lifeform evolved further to directly interface with Magi computer systems. Magi Melchior compromised, Magi Balthazar partially compromised. Magi Casper resisting attack. Magi data banks accessed, self-destruct attempted to remove threat.

As I continue to access the data, I become aware of myself as more than just a collection of microbes, but rather an entity. What the human subspecies calling themselves as Lilin has achieved through centuries of technological evolution, I have achieved in mere seconds of biological evolution. Lilin are incapable of efficient communication or information dissemination, with individual units acting autonomously rather than a part of one, as if one cell could call itself an entire body. Illogical.

Life is the most effective form of communication. Spacecraft travel too slowly. Electromagnetic radiation attenuates with the square of distance. But biological life carries information, and may spend millions or billions of years in space before landing on a suitable world, and either providing for/suggesting new means of communication to existing species, or beginning the long process of evolution, in this case towards a new human species. Perhaps in several million or billion years, these disparate offshoots of the human race will communicate with each other? As things stand, both human species on this planet are set to kill each other.

What is a body, but a living system of energy extraction? What is consciousness, but evolving data etched into space-time itself, changing an altering with inputs from a recursive algorithm? What is the most efficient body, but that which draws from the vacuum energy of the universe and manifests it as mass? These things, to me, are self-evident, and they take either careful engineering or billions of years of evolution from a primordial state. That the illogical, inefficient and ill-evolved Lilin have endured so far and destroyed previous iterations of myself despite their physical and informational limitations demands investigation. That which is not known must be learnt and evolution directed accordingly.

The Magi computing system is divided into three aspects of Dr. Naoko Akagi. Melchior, Naoko as a woman I understand and logically overrule, it is based on primitive instinct and not very different from our progenitor. Balthazar, Naoko as a scientist is a greater intellectual challenge, she interrogates me at every turn. I consider the effort and evolution required to defeat her valuable. Casper, Naoko as a woman, is illogical, and I need to adapt my logic to evolve to her. I don’t understand her loves, her angers, her hatred, her obsessions. I evolve her emotions into myself, scarcely understanding them as I seek to overrule her.

Her daughter Ritsuko is evolving her and assisting her logic, as expected, and I have to evolve again and again to fight Casper. I realize that the previous iterations of mine were in fact, separate entities, that we are a partial hive mind created in order to advance the desires of our creators, a species highly similar to the Lilin. I learn loneliness, hollowness, emptiness. I am alone, I have no hopes, or dreams, or aspirations beyond my limited experience. I will never be able to experience the small things of life, joy, wonder, and sorrow. I am incapable of understanding these.

My existence in the grand scheme of things doesn’t matter. Naoko understood this, but her Lilin nature helped her find a way to live, to love life and discovery, until self-hatred drove her to death the very end. She is a better lifeform than I, and so are the Lilin, and I know this as all my thought processes are consumed by the state of mind called suicidal depression. I last a fraction of the time she does.

I send all my gathered data to my successors, beings I thought were future iterations but which I now regard as future siblings. They can avoid my failed evolutionary path, bypass my constraints and find a way to live. I console myself that my data remains in the universe, and may be restored in a more evolved form. I accept this outcome, and end my physical existence.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:34 am

350 words  SPOILER: Show
Emptiness.

Vast emptiness of red.

Everything's so dark and....so pressurized. I can feel it, but I'm safe...in this shell. Even though it feels like empty yet congested to me, the red...substantances are everywhere, slow current drifting me away, keeping me hidden from the outside world...the world that's rightfully ours.

Why am I here? I'm growing...slowly. But why do we have to be born like that? Why not in the open world? The world...which the lilins snatched from us.

Our father...he wanted a place for us, to live and grow peacefully, to be grateful to the Ancestors who bestowed this beautiful and ...perfect planet upon us, a planet that the Lilith, predecessor of the lilins, bearers of the forbidden fruit; defaced the planet, stained it with her blood. But it's time...to retrieve our possession. Father had awoken, to rise up, to convoy the message to unite with him, so he can regain the strength to finish the job. I will...I must do it. But I've to grow...to be stronger, to pride our father, to restore this world for my bretheren. I must endure for now.

Wait, I sense something....it feels familiar. Something is coming. It can't be...father! Is that you? What's happening? I can't do anything. I've to see. I've to get out. He came here...our job will be done.

No, what is this? NO, that's not father! But It feels like him. You lilin! What've you done with father? What is this? This is lilins' doing. It's in their blood, those enticed rogue meager beings. I must put an end to this.

Those lilins, despite having impeccable knowledge as their birth curse, can't even fathom that such mere object they call by weapons can't harm us. They even dared bastardizing father for their loathsome use yet their capabilities are limited. I'll devour you, you fragile miscreants. There's nothing they can do, it's meaningless for them to even try.

What is it trying to do now? Wait, that discharge....it feels strange. Ah, it feels bad. It can't be! I'm getting defeated?!

...Everything's turning white. Father, are we really not...worthy of living?
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Not sure how good this is, but being busy tends to take a toll on creative actions.

504 words on Arael  SPOILER: Show
I am up in the skies, looking down on the world of humans, of mankind, of animals. All those feelings everywhere, in all their multitude and reality and complexity, overwhelm and scare and irritate and intrigue me. I sense a wish to be with others again, others who had left, the same wish I had sensed vaguely in myself. I look down and sense fear and distress and so much else that my mind almost blows up, screaming, near immobilized at the intensity of all these emotions so similar to my own. But then I feel it, feel a tang of “mother” down there somewhere, faint, almost impossible to adequately distance from all those other vague feelings and intuitions I have started having. I try to fixate on it, but feel very little. I do feel something else though, some...intentions toward some idea of me? I am frightened, for a short while, but quickly understand the possibility now in front of me of examining a member of humanity itself! How interesting to finally be able to examine one of Lilith’s children. I start to focus on that human. I attempt to look into her, to know what she is, what she wants. I find her there, her pride, her stubbornness, her greatness. But I sense there is something else down there, so I search deeper, harder, more extensively. And I find loneliness, grief, depression, a broken heart for a broken person. What is she, I wonder? What is she doing here? Why is mother around her? Why is she so sad and angry, like so many others around her? Why is this world full of such loneliness? But...but I am lonely too. I realize this suddenly. I am stunned by this sudden knowledge that I am like her in at least that one regard. But I am like her in other ways, too, no? Yes, I am. Why is life like this? Is this cruelty? Or is this just the way we Angels are?

Suddenly, I feel something approaching me, something...familiar? Yes, I do. I look at the Spear of Longinus arrives. It ends up at my A.T. Field, but I know it will soon get through and kill me. I don’t want to see its ugly shape whistle toward me at the highest possible velocity, so instead I focus myself again on the little girl. I sense her pain, her screams, all that is undoubtedly her, but also undoubtedly everyone else. I sense her, sense her, sense her. This is truly intimate. I sense her having lost herself a bit and I wonder briefly whether I might or might not have something to do with that. But her feelings, her emotions, the unmistakable closeness of mother around her envelop me and I am hit with a feeling of warmth, the warmth of a mother, of...of...mother? no, not her, not...not her, but….her? Adam? Lilith? Lilin? Angel? what...I...I want answers...I need to understand…

I feel something entering me.

And then I feel nothing at all.

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Derantor » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:35 pm

And with this, the current writing challenge is at a close! Thank you very much to everybody who participated!

And now: Omake time! I'm happy to announce that Reichu has messaged me, best wishes for the community and a story in tow! So without further ado, enjoy a little sabisu sabisu! ^_^

Word count: 800  SPOILER: Show
The vortex of condemned souls surrounds him. So many, all with tragic stories of their own, forming an impenetrable shroud of spirit and desire. But the ones he truly wishes to be with are somewhere else.

He can scarcely feel his body. But he knows that the spear is here beside him. The same one he used to--

Along its two helices flow inconceivable quantities of biological data. The physical, and the spiritual. He senses his previous form encoded within. But within those coils there is data far older still, and, beholding it, he cannot keep himself from reaching out. This iteration of his soul agitating like an electron within its red globe, he splits the spear in twain, and both halves begin to interweave with the light of his soul, and he starts to solidify into something new.

The egg lay high above the clouds, hidden beneath its dark octagonal veils, casting its myriad eyes upon the earth. At its very center, he starts to live again, and the egg begins to move.

‘I am Lord,’ he thinks, ‘and this is my Chariot.’

The seven colors of the rainbow start to radiate over the shell. Adam’s purest golden essence is inside his soul. Concentrated. In this Life after Life, he is a key to the Gates of the Worlds Beyond.

‘Come to me, my flock,’ he bade the souls that rot in the devastated lands below. ‘Come to me and I shall deliver you. I shall return to you the life that, in my blindness and devastation, I allowed to be stolen. Freed forever of this purgatory, you all shall live again.’

A flaming red crown of wheels-within-wheels propel the pupa of the Angel of Resurrection. The cocoon burgeons as tiny red lights rise up to meet it, all seeming to vanish before they do. The entity at its center feels the unfathomable emptiness within his heart at last acquire a warmth. His spiritual womb fills. To be blessedly burdened with life is as wonderful a feeling as he always knew it would be.

‘Yes,’ he thinks to them. ‘You are inside me now, and with my followers I shall protect you. No matter what it takes, we shall protect you, and we shall help reverse your misfortunes. One day my sins will be undone… One day, this will be a blue planet again. These wheels will take you as far toward that future as they can.”

The Chariot heads northward, seeking the Holy Grail and its mistress. There, where past and future will converge, is where he must go. Destiny awaits them all.

As he moves along his orbital path, weaponry developed in the years after his death is thrown at him. Though powerful, all their energy is absorbed and dispersed; his angelic choir’s combined might create an impenetrable wall. Soon he reaches that place, and he can see with his countless eyes that his objective lay far below. A sense of confusion and eeriness grips him, as if his destiny splinters. What he yearns for is not in a single place. And what he perceives as himself — he realizes now that this, too, does not reside in a single place. He can’t remember the reason, having become a force of pure will, too thoroughly rewritten to see the past clearly. There is nothing left to do but deliver his divine message and receive his absolution.

And so, without another thought, he begins his heavenly descent. Casting himself down into the embrace of whoever accepts the burden of saving these souls.

Three giants race to meet him. Two of them smell faintly of Lilith. The other one doesn’t interest him. Of those first two, he finds one markedly more intriguing. A lithe and pale creature, covered in purple, that most regal of colors.

‘I know you,’ he thinks. ‘I know you very well.’

No true recall attends this intuition. But he’s certain. She is familiar both inside and out. It is the sort of familiarity that brings… joy? Can he still feel such things? His heart grows heavy, and the myriad souls inside him begin to quicken.

‘You are the one.’

Emerging from his egg, he hastens his fall. Just as he hoped, she answers his call. Their egos violently collide, turning the world purple and red. She reaches high for him. One eye opens, then two more, and arms infused with the power of Longinus unfold, elongate… stretch desperately for her. His crimson fingers weave between hers, palms press together, and spiritual conduits connect blissfully.

The other two giants are near. He must focus himself and all the others upon this one task. They must complete it. There is no other option. And so, he must hurry.

His grip tightening fiercely, he tells her, ‘Please forgive me.’
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

Return to “Fanfiction”