How old were you when the first rebuild came out in 2007 and how old are you now?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

How old were you when the first rebuild came out in 2007 and how old are you now?

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:39 pm

18 when 1.0 came out

31 and still waiting for 3.0+1.0, most likely will be 32 by the time it releases

Lol :facepalm: :D

Akko
Adam

Re: How old were you when the first rebuild came out in 2007 and how old are you now?

•      
  •      

Postby Akko » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:16 pm

Wasn't exactly into anime back then but well,
5 years old in 2007, turning 19 in 2021
Evangelion is like a black hole. Just as you thought you got away, it sucks you right back in.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Re: How old were you when the first rebuild came out in 2007 and how old are you now?

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:35 pm

I was 19 when the first film came out.

I will be 33 on February 18th and still waiting for Shin Eva if it hasn't come out by then.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:04 am

ugh please dont remind me

I remember singing "Beautiful world" to my newborn baby sister. She's 12 now. She's taller than me.
Just a few more years and she could go & watch EVA herself lol
Last edited by Kendrix on Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:10 am

I was 11 when 1.0 came out, but I still didn't know EVANGELION. I'm now 25 years old.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:21 am

I was kinda lucky in that 1.0 came out soon after i discovered EVA in the first place like "woo more content yay~"

I'm 27 now and i was 13 then. I'm not sure if I was still the tallest sibling then, my bro was taller at 11 but then i had a growth spurt at 12, but then he got his own and I've more or less stayed the same size since I was 14 or so. Between 11 and 15 I decided to wear all black & first the oldest of my sister freaked out a bit cause she thought she'd get all the black clothes as hand me downs, but I stayed short while she got super tall & we ended up being very different shapes. At least the teachers stopped mixing us up then.

I kinda hoped to have more money or professional success by now...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:55 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I kinda hoped to have more money or professional success by now...

I understand how you feel... :raincloud:

I was thinking now, I was born a month before the original show premiere on Japanese TV, and episode 06 first aired the day after I was born (and it's a pretty good episode).
Last edited by JoelcrNeto on Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:36 am

1.0 was released a few days before my 50th birthday. I didn't expect to have already retired before the last one came out.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:00 am

61/74 I guess I'm another outlier, along with Mr. Tines. But it was more or less at the time I first got interested in anime at all (starting with NGE, in fact).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:42 am

I was 20 years old and a snob in film school when Eva Jo hit theaters in February, but I hadn't been convinced into liking anime yet until the summer of that year, so maybe that doesn't count? But that friend who drew me into the Dark Side knew exactly what would pull of film snob in this 20's into anime, and I was immediately given Akira to watch. Later on he showed me Nadia. I was hooked on whatever those were, so the jump from there to Evangelion wasn't quite that big. I think I started watching the TV series in 2008 with those bootleg 10-minute uploads on YouTube. It was pretty wild, and I ended up buying the boxset in late 2008/early 2009. I bought the D&R and EoE DVDs in 2010.

I distinctly remember going on IMDb to see what the whole of the Eva series was like, and saw the first two "Rebuild of Evangelion" films listed as already produced, with the last two listed as still being in production. ( remember thinking, "Man, it's just like whatever anime is to have something really good like Eva be milked by other studios. Who is this "Studio Khara," and what are they doing with Gainax's property?" But sometime after lurking on the forums and eventually joining in 2009, I slowly learned that "Oh, it's the same creative team. These new films could still be good!"

Evangelion 1.01: You Are (Not) Alone wasn't released in the United States until 2009, and I remember picking that up along with Utada's new English album at a local Walmart in early 2010, I think. So I really can't say I've been waiting since 2007 for Shin Eva, since I wasn't even interested in anime at the time, and I've only seen Eva Jo in 2010. It's only been a 10-year journey for me, but I guess that's still a good chunk of time.

Anywho, I'm 33 now, staring down 34 come September. Life's had its ups and downs, and I'm still trying to figure out how I want to deal with the creative/technical industry. The year 2020 has really made me realize some things about myself that need work if I'm gonna actually dedicate my career to filmmaking.

Can't wait for Shin Eva, though!

Grahsrihajul
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Grahsrihajul » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:54 am

21 then, 34 now. We've been waiting quite a while for this last movie, haven't we? I can barely imagine what life without waiting for the movie will be like.

Javi2541997
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Javi2541997 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:09 am

I was 10 years when 1.11 came out.
Now, I am 23 years and will be 24 in April
Shi ni Itaru Yamai, Soshite

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:46 pm

I was 11.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:28 pm

I was 5 years old when 1.0 came out. But, the first time I watched it, I was nine years old or something. I couldn't understand anything. As I said in another post, after some time, the only things I could remember from it were the destruction Antarctica by angels, the "global warming" elements and that there was a penguin in the film.
In retrospect, the movie was not complicated to understand, but I had a very closed mind for anime at that time. In fact, for anything that came from Japan and wasn't video games. I really can't say why... Therefore, I didn't even try to pay attention to what was happening on screen.
Years later I became interested in anime (through Dragon Ball and Akira), watched Neon Genesis Evangelion, liked it a lot and revisited this movie. I really liked it (I'm 18 now).
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

RCM88
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RCM88 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:32 am

19 when 1.0 came out.

32/33 depending when 3.0 + 1.0 releases this year.
There is hope. There is always hope.

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:44 am

9 years old. Those time feel like yesterday. It passes so quickly. I feel so old :geezer:
Ban me forever.

GunmetalSnail429
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GunmetalSnail429 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:50 pm

17 in 2007

30 now.

Anno, it has been almost HALF my lifetime.
God's in his Heaven because He's scared of our superior firepower...-Yui Ikari

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:33 am

I was 8 when Jo first came out, but I didn't get into Eva until I was 16 (I think? Might be off by a year), now I'm checks calendar 21
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:16 pm

I was 3 years old when Jo came out and got into Eva just some time after turning 16. Which also means that unlike some other people here, I won't have to wait that long for Shin, hehe...

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:50 pm

Wait, you're 16 too? Guess it's time to reveal my true age, then. I was worried people would look down on me because I'm not an adult yet.

But yeah, I was just 2 when Rebuild 1.0 was released. I didn't even know how to read yet! This series really has been going on for a long time. Thankfully though, I just got into the franchise last year, so I haven't had to wait too long.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”