Let's help each other avoid spoilers online

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Let's help each other avoid spoilers online

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:35 pm

We are 9 days away from release and some of us (myself included) are trying to go in bling and lock ourselves away from all the discussions about the movie.
The internet however is a cruel place and spoiler can be anywhere, a bit like communists according to US propaganda in 50s.
Assuming no one wants to return to monke and drop the internet, how about sharing some tips on how to avoid spoilers?

My current plan of defence:

1. Quitting Eva/anime online groups but saving the links so that I don't forget to rejoin when I've seen the movie
2. Muting words and hashtags on social media
3. Removing comments from my Eva video on YouTube
4. Avoid ever searching anything about One Last Kiss online

My current biggest fear: YouTube's algorithm and the home page. It know I love Eva and anime and I currently have no idea how to stop it, it's worse than SkyNet.

What are your tips?

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Let's help each other avoid spoilers online

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:09 pm

I know some people that are planning to avoid spoilers unless they get covid then they will immerse themselves just in case of the worse case scenario

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:19 pm

-I'll probably visit EGF less frequently, and be careful with new posts. I trust the spoiler policy, but you never know what a brand new message might say. I don't even wanna know what the film's reception, and that probably will get discussed since it isn't a spoiler.

-Try to avoid the YT homepage like the pest. I'm always on my phone. I have to cover parts of the screen with my hands at times I will lmao. I'll also try not telling the algorithms I like Eva...too late probably.

-Avoid the "main feeds" of all social media I use, 100%.

-What's really dangerous is visual spoilers. Those will be around on the 23rd. Since the booklet will include screeshots most likely. Of very key scenes. Just going by the 3.0 one. If there is a camrip, that means even more danger. Biggest fear is coming across people with spoiler avis. Let's hope people aren't like that.

-How will you guys handle khara social media? I can't imagine catching up after months, and I wanna be informed. Can we trust there will be no spoilers from them? (Outside of promo for the BD when it comes out.) Same for merch and such. Does anyone know what the timeline was for spoikery 3.0 figures? Like Mark.09's true form and such.

Good luck my boys.

This will be the first time I go in 100% blind into an Eva film.

BTW Trigger had end movie spoilers for Promare on their twitter before the film ever got to bluray. :(
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm

My plan for avoiding spoilers is threefold:

1. Avoid all places on the Internet where I could find spoilers for the movie. I trust EvaGeeks's spoiler policy, so I'll keep browsing here. I'll have to avoid YouTube videos about Eva, but I do all my YouTube browsing in incognito anyways.

2. As soon as a camrip is released, watch it. I'm surprised so many people here have decided to just wait until the Blu-Ray comes out several months from now. The video quality on a camrip may not be great, but the wait would kill me otherwise.

3. After watching the movie, join the spoiler discussions online, especially here.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:31 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:
-Try to avoid the YT homepage like the pest. I'm always on my phone. I have to cover parts of the screen with my hands at times I will lmao. I'll also try not telling the algorithms I like Eva...too late (

That's the worst part for me by far, the YouTube algorithm is just PLAIN DUMB and will spoil you EVERYTHING even if you doesn't like it or it's unrelated, for example I just search a lot of stuff regarding EVA on Youtube like scenes, music and such but the YouTube algorithm is just so dumb it recommended completely unrelated Shingeki no Kyojin Season 4 spoilers, a LOT of them, thankfully I'm a manga reader and i already read all of SnK, but imagine if I wasn't? Sincerely all of this is terrifying but there's even more about it...
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 pm

I honestly don't think it's possible without going offline completely but good luck to you my spoiler-phobic friends.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 pm

If you're curious about one or two spoilers but don't wanna ruin yourself completely (like, if you only wanna know the presence or absence of Loop/Sequel Theory confirmation or whatever, but nothing else), PM me and I'll give you as simple and concise an answer as possible without expanding on non-relevant details. I know these theories have been hyped up so much that some people just wanna get that spoiler out of the way so they can just watch the movie undistracted.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:05 pm

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:I honestly don't think it's possible without going offline completely but good luck to you my spoiler-phobic friends.

Indeed, I'm already prepared to melt into a LCL pool or get stuck inside a Chamber of Guf.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

kboyrulez12345
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby kboyrulez12345 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:If you're curious about one or two spoilers but don't wanna ruin yourself completely (like, if you only wanna know the presence or absence of Loop/Sequel Theory confirmation or whatever, but nothing else), PM me and I'll give you as simple and concise an answer as possible without expanding on non-relevant details. I know these theories have been hyped up so much that some people just wanna get that spoiler out of the way so they can just watch the movie undistracted.

Thanks for this, I might just do that. There are some broad points that I would like to know going into the film.
Just a guy who likes Anime. Could be turning into an Otaku...

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:03 am

It's exactly as people said up there ^ ^ Avoid EVA reddit, instagram Eva related accounts (Although, the one I follow is about memes, mostly referencing to the old show, and to somes pretty sometime dirty, dumbs, or randoms jokes, any of the memes haven't the intellectual-depressive-spiritual-cryptic mood eva is all about -beside psychology, of course.-) But I think it's just better to avoid it, just in case you are never too careful! So, yeah.

Uhuhu Joseki gave me her/his fears of youtube Eva videos (analysis) algorithm! Given how much I love these, it's going to be really hard not to watch them, and not being spoiled by at least a too revealing miniature video! How I am even going to do that's, I wonder :shrug: ?~ Such the challenge for me! Bah, at least it will make me occupied with a funny spicy stuff to maintain (<---Such a exciting life, yas I know.)

However, I'm going to continue to navigate this forum, as I am verry confident, about evageek community. Even if it wasn't for the mods spoilers policy mesures, I'm sure the members there would have decency enough to not spoil fellow siblings! Right, mina?~~ :tongue:

But, anyway.... *shake in a cover and slowly level up her thumb in a dramatic mannerism* Good luck! *close firmly the cover* No, seriously really good luck there! It's going to be HARSH to make it without spoilers until then...
Ban me forever.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:58 am

First of all, your joke on anti communist propaganda made me laugh way more than I would like to admit hahahahaha.
Now, about the spoilers... I admire your will power to avoid them. At this point, I've come to simply accept their nature. I mean, I will do my best to stay away from them. But, I'm also aware that, eventually, I will be exposed to one or the another. And the reason for it? YouTube thumbnails.
It is simply impossible for me to control that at this point. I'm always receiving spoilers from this sort of thing. In fact, I've just received one right now (about the new DBS chapter that is dropping this month) hahaha! I never click on videos that resort to this type of thumbnail. But, for some ungodly reason, YouTube just continues to recommend them to me. The algorithm thinks that just because I like something, I automatically want to see a spoilers about it... It's insane! Hahaha
Anyway, I've been waiting for 3.0 + 1.0 for so long... I hope I don't receive anything that spoils some big surprise.
Last edited by BernardoCairo on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:-How will you guys handle khara social media? I can't imagine catching up after months, and I wanna be informed. Can we trust there will be no spoilers from them? (Outside of promo for the BD when it comes out.) Same for merch and such. Does anyone know what the timeline was for spoikery 3.0 figures? Like Mark.09's true form and such.

Unfollow and mute everything. It's dangerous.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:33 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:
View Original Postkuribo-04#906419 wrote:-How will you guys handle khara social media? I can't imagine catching up after months, and I wanna be informed. Can we trust there will be no spoilers from them? (Outside of promo for the BD when it comes out.) Same for merch and such. Does anyone know what the timeline was for spoikery 3.0 figures? Like Mark.09's true form and such.

Unfollow and mute everything. It's dangerous.

Deep down I know I will risk it :/
Can't not follow their social media...
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 am

On the plus side, no spoilers for a little while :sniffle:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:14 am

^ That moment when Khara decides not to release Shin Eva because it's full of Shin Eva spoilers. :lol:

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:00 am

At this rate, I'd simply spoil myself with a manga adaptation made up of stills from the movie.
I watch and speculate.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:40 am

I'm not waiting to see the movie(I'm just too curious about the conclusion of this story.) .. I'm sorry but I'm looking for spoilers but not in this forum rest assured.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:00 am

Spoilers don't particularily bother me, so I'll be at the forefront combating them so others don't have to
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:06 pm

Thanks to all the moderators for enlisting for the battle ahead (when the film comes out of course).
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:10 pm

^ You're welcome! ^_^

My offer to give one or two details about the film in the PMs still stands, obviously, though I can't really offer any now, obviously. :tongue:

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”