Spoiler Policy for Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 [OVER!!!]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DrthRvn
Embryo

Re: Spoiler Policy for Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0

•      
  •      

Postby DrthRvn » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:19 pm

So... where are the spoilers at, my dudes?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:29 pm

Be careful of what you ask for, young padawan.

View Original Postcyharding wrote:You would think we would have heard if there are new scenes by now, so I think it's okay.

Very sensible point.

So we had a little back-and-forth about this, and I'm going to add a bit about 3.333 material NOT coming under the spoiler policy and being free to discuss.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re: Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Spoiler Fanart and Cosplay

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:46 pm

When Q came out in Japanese theaters EvaGeeks banned me for a few days cause I said in the mega thread that there's a new shot of Misato in the film that resembles Nice Holystone from Baccano (and referenced the image of Nice) - can't wait to see what gets me banned this time!
:misato_itadakimasu:

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:56 am

Don't talk about being banned, you're jinxing yourself.

If you really want to post spoilers outside this subforum...  SPOILER: Show
... just use the spoiler tags to hide it, or use the hide tags. These work perfectly well for images.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:24 pm

Can we a get a spoiler free waiting thread or something once the spoiler policy kicks in?

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:27 pm

In the main Rebuild of Evangelion subforum? Yes. In the 3.0 + 1.0 spoiler subforum? No.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:28 pm

Yeah of course I meant outside the password protected spoiler hell :lol:

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:32 pm

Of course, yes. The point of the "spoiler hell" as you call it is a place where spoilers can be discussed freely and without consequence, and therefore with no need for spoiler moderation to kick in. Elsewhere we'll be keeping an eye out for spoilers, so you can enjoy your 3.0 + 1.0 experience as unspoiled as is humanly possible.

Evangelion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:20 am

I can't believe we're finally here again (with spoilers threads and discussions)!

The wait is almost over! :woohoo:

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:38 pm

I'm pretty worried about spoiling the movie since there is no guarantee for the flood of news going into the forum in 2 weeks' time. This is the biggest movie to come out for me this year and I already had Avengers endgame and last of us pt 2 spoiled to me last year. I'm pretty certain a word might pop up on a thread title about some plot detail and I'll learn something I didn't want to know. I'll probably just stay clear from most forum topics, in general.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:45 pm

Not to worry, dzzthink. I've conducted a few experiments with forum password protection and thread titles in the spoiler subforum won't show if you're not in it.

If anyone tries posting a spoiler thread title outside the spoiler subforum, the title gets edited/deleted and the user is in for a summary temp-ban, as the policy states.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:04 am

Thanks a lot for this. To be honest I'm more worried about my youtube recommendations than what might come up in this forum.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:01 pm

Update to the policy to make anti-piracy explicit. Since we don't want to get in trouble with Khara and Toho, we'll be very willing to apply the banhammer to anyone who posts links to illegally obtained 3.0 + 1.0 content. If you want to watch your camrips, find them somewhere else.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:04 am

Aaaand another update, since 3.0 + 1.0's been torpedoed by the virus AGAIN, but the movie is finished this time. In case there's a bootleg camrip or leaks out, we'll be locking down this subforum to contain a spoiler pandemic.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:32 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Don't talk about being banned, you're jinxing yourself

somehow I'm not worried... lol

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:56 am

March 8th's the release date, which means that this spoiler policy is going to go into effect at 15:00 UTC on March 7th. Prepare for the coming storm, everyone!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:13 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:March 8th's the release date, which means that this spoiler policy is going to go into effect at 15:00 UTC on March 7th. Prepare for the coming storm, everyone!

Mastah!
What about the mechardise and action figure threads?

Is there gonna be a locked sub-thread for those? Or will spoilery-figures just be spoiler-quoted?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:19 am

What about the OST? As it will be available to the public on the 17th, and thus accessable, does it fall under the spolier policy after that date?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:41 am

There's no sense in placing the OST under the spoiler policy after March 17. The spoiler policy is simply so that spoilers about things that are not publicly available (the movie itself) stay under wraps until they are available legally and in a condition where people can enjoy them to the fullest extent.

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Mastah!
What about the mechardise and action figure threads?

Is there gonna be a locked sub-thread for those? Or will spoilery-figures just be spoiler-quoted?

*Palpatine voice* Rise, my apprentice!

Thanks for reminding me about those! Yes, I'll create a spoiler thread for those in the 3.0 + 1.0 subforum.

EDIT: I've added the merch to the fanart and cosplay thread to create a single spoiler megathread for the time being. Once that closes and if demand is high enough, independent threads will be created.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:36 am

Remember this since the spoiler policy and password protection are set to go into effect shortly -

0. We're doing what we can to keep you all spoiler-free if you want to stay that way; please respect the right of others to remain unspoiled.

1. Moderators and admins might be harsher than normal with temp-bans if too many spoilers are posted outside the 3.0 + 1.0 subforum.

2. Do not link to any pirated content, especially video content. Images from the theatrical booklet are all right in the 3.0 + 1.0 subforum, and discussing the content of what was said in the movie (say from the subtitles) in the spoiler subforum is fine too as long as the actual subtitle file is not linked to.

3. If you have a doubt about whether something is a spoiler, please ask the staff. If you don't know what to do, please ask the staff. We're around for you.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”