Are lilin and homo sapiens synonymous?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Are lilin and homo sapiens synonymous?

Postby orcot » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:01 am

@blockio
Each person probably knows subconsciously that we mistreat animals to the extreme (in a hell beyond their comprehension), that's the reasons vegan do not eat eggs [store bought eggs are unfertilized because obvious reasons] for example because the chickens get mistreated).
If this was Rei's gameplan their would be more fastings (in fact the opposite is true and food is one of the ways you can lure Rei to do stuff).
Then theirs how much souls you destroy? If this is a issue your better of being a carnivore then a vegetarian for the same reason that if you would need to survive on human meat it's more ethical to live of a single fat guy then 7 children with the same calories. Plants have as much a right on a soul as animals do.

IgRAzm
yep on Rei having a personality, De gustibus non est disputandum, she is also pretty clear in what she does like anything with garlic is obviously flavoured, it's not like she said give me vegetarian option 1.
also technically her eye color is transparent the red you see is her Retina (mostly optical nerves). It's also funny that the inside of her plug is bright red and not white, (Shinji's and Asuka's are black on the inside you can see it in episode 8 around 10:15 for Shinji it's episode 20 does anyone remember when we can see Rei's? it's probably laying somewhere on the floor I can't remember the episode but remember it was bright red on the inside).

dzzthink
Rei's diet is terrible if it comes in pillform. That said vegetarians could be fine however you do need a source of protein this means you have to know what you eat. She is also a kid that needs to grow, meaning I wouldn't recommend it. But it's nice to know she eats out of pleasure not out of the necessity to extract nutrients.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:12 am

orcot, please stop discussing things that have nothing to do with the original intended topic. Asking questions about Rei's vegetarianism is fine, but you can't just so blatantly direct the thread into a discussion of a completely different topic. If you want to ask any more questions about Rei's vegetarianism, which your in-depth nitpicky responses seem to indicate, start a new thread, don't derail this one-especially since your original question has already been adequately answered at this point. I'll answer to the base lines of your questioning, but don't expect any more.

Rei does not eat meat because she considers eating meat immoral-she doesn't eat meat because she subconsciously considers animals her children. Plants don't have souls and she needs to survive somehow, so therefore she still eats food made from plants. I don't understand why that's so hard to get a hold of. Food is necessary for animals in order to live and so it is for Rei. She could only eat medical pills, but I don't think that Rei considered that necessary.

By the way, I also don't know that Rei uses pills as her main source of nutrition-we never actually get to know what they're necessary for, so they could just as well be there to keep her organism functioning.

IgRAzm
Adam

Postby IgRAzm » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:18 am

@orcot I actually never thought about the fact almbinos' eyes are transparent. It all makes sense in the end, huh. I don't get where the preference to garlic comes from though.

Isn't it just speculation regarding her vegetarianism being connected to the souls? I have not seen proofs that plant have no souls in the NGE universe.

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Berserker » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 am

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:Plants don't have souls

Do you have any proof or anything on that? And are you talking about it in general or only in eva verse?
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:30 pm

IgRAzm: Rei's not an albino. Just sayin'.

Berserker: There is no proof that plants have souls in the real world and as nothing to the contrary is either said or indicated in NGE, then it only follows that plants don't have souls in NGE either.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby dzzthink » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:51 pm

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:
By the way, I also don't know that Rei uses pills as her main source of nutrition-we never actually get to know what they're necessary for, so they could just as well be there to keep her organism functioning.

It is odd that she does not have any food in her apartment aside from the pills and a glass of water and the only time we see her eating is the miso ramen in episode 12. It could also be the case that these pills are needed as some sort of therapeutic reason other than nutrition for Rei's body. In the end of Evangelion, her arm falls off for no reason almost as if her body was decaying or rejecting itself. Gendo says her AT-field can no longer hold her together, so I am inclined to think otherwise. Gendo then says we must bring down our AT-field, which again suggests that humans and angels are not so different after all, but perhaps for humans this AT field is more mental/psychological, whilst for Rei/angels it is more physical.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby orcot » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:46 pm

albino's have white eyelashes Rei is also not visualy impaired then there's the fact real life people chop albino's to bits for their magical properties so theirs reasons not to call her a albino. That said, they went a bid overboard with the visuals. It's best to ignore the question to be honnest, because if you saw someone like Rei you would assume she is a albino.

@Zusuchan at the end of evangelion all plant life is gone, I assume they have souls in the NGE universe (same for animals). I do wonder abouth the MAGI, she is not the child of lilith but of lilim I wonder what happened to it? Both Ritsuko and Gendo say that it does not have a soul.

humans this AT field is more mental/psychological, whilst for Rei/angels it is more physical

During third impact when everything merges they form a core like substance, I do wonder what would have come out of it, alas it's in contrast with the idea that people are individuals and therefore goes against some central themes of NGE.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Blockio » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 pm

Zusuchan has already told you to keep this on topic. Since this isn't happening and the thread is going in circles anyways, I'm locking this
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”