Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:57 am

My cdjapan order hasn’t updated yet lol

Still says release postponed. Paid for it though

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:21 am

^Same with my order from them, but I suspect they'll send a notice in the next 12 hours. It's almost 11:30 pm in Japan as of this posting.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:12 am

They gave me an update on my Utada Hikaru CD. I would expect one for Shiro's score within the day.

I've only ordered a few things off CDJapan and that was years ago. I think the Neon Genesis Evangelion Big Blue Boxset from 2015 was the last time i did. Should I get my hopes up for receiving it around the release date ooooooor should I anticipate maybe getting the disc in April?

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:31 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I've only ordered a few things off CDJapan and that was years ago. I think the Neon Genesis Evangelion Big Blue Boxset from 2015 was the last time i did. Should I get my hopes up for receiving it around the release date ooooooor should I anticipate maybe getting the disc in April?

I'm a regular for CDJapan, their shipping is extraordinarily fast depending on which method you choose. I always go with FedEx International Priority and I have my package in less than three days.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:40 pm

NOICE!!!
That's the shipping option I chose for both discs.

mastafishere
Lilith

Postby mastafishere » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:16 pm

Obviously, this is a thread for the official social media, but does that include reviews when they come out? I know that stretches the strictest definition of this thread but I'm not sure if it included people's social media reactions to the movie, in addition to "official" reviews. I'd love to read impressions of the movie just to keep my hype going since I won't be watching it anytime soon! Of course, that's only if the reviews are spoiler free!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:52 pm

I think reviews and reactions will get their own thread, this is more of a general news hub.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:54 am

This just in: Tokyo, Chiba, Kanagawa, Saitama are requesting additonal two weeks of lockdown, which was planned to be lifted this Sunday on the 7th, cue absolutely brutal reactions from the citizens in the replies. Presale for Shin Eva is tickets is still planned to start on Friday, as of today.
Last edited by GhostlyOcam on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:55 am

Fuck.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:08 am

This is mankind's fate. The thread of human hope is spun with the flax of sorrow.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:14 am

Just to make this clear: theaters can still operate under SoE.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:19 am

It's scary, but I don't know if it matters in terms of Shin's release. Toho et all didn't delay the film when Tokyo announced a state of emergency, they did so after Osaka and Kyoto etc did. They also announced the new date when Osaka etc ended the state of emergency, Tokyo hadn't said anything by then.

Due to release schedules for the year, I think they just want to get the movie out. If that means only half full Theaters in Tokyo, then so be it. Osaka, Kyoto, Sapporo, Nagoya etc can pick up the slack.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:26 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Just to make this clear: theaters can still operate under SoE.

Is it largely unaffected though?
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:45 am

@EscapismIsBad: If those four prefectures extended the lockdown, means there will be even less showtimes in the areas because of the shortened business hour for theaters. But as hui pointed out, it's very likely won't affect Shin Eva's release at this point as other areas are still on track to lift the lockdown as planned. Schedules being out in two days from now pretty much tells how the film's DCPs are already being made or even already sent to theaters, as they need to get their hands on them first to arrange the showtimes and venues.
Last edited by GhostlyOcam on Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:56 am

Understood, thank you for your kindness.

UltraB116
Embryo

Postby UltraB116 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:14 am

I saw a schedule of Shin of a cinema on tweeter. The earliest Shin movie starts at 7:30am JP time and plenty of them in the morning and afternoon. I don’t think we should worry.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:35 am

Megumi Ogata has a new song for her new album written by Junichi Sato (of the band fhana) that she considered an unofficial "image song" for Shin Eva and Shinji.

Translation:
(Quoted Tweet)
I asked Junichi Sato (of fhana): "What if we make a song as if it's an insert for the final Eva film?"
He doesn't know how the films ends and I didn't tell tell him, yet. But what he wrote is a 'best of the best' song.
The lyrics are my final feelings as Shinji ≒ Please listen to it after watching Shin Eva.

(Quote Tweet)
The song's title is "Repeat", completely from my personal feelings.
As Shinji who has been a part of me for the last 25 years ≒ It is my feelings as Shinji after finishing the final film.
As Shinji, who's still alive in me even after Shin Eva is finished.
(So it's not an official song, please understand)

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 am

"Still Alive"?
:bigeyes:
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:30 am

She just mean Shinji will always be a part of her.

kboyrulez12345
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby kboyrulez12345 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:04 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:This just in: Tokyo, Chiba, Kanagawa, Saitama are requesting additonal two weeks of lockdown, which was planned to be lifted this Sunday on the 7th, cue absolutely brutal reactions from the citizens in the replies. Presale for Shin Eva is tickets is still planned to start on Friday, as of today.

I guess the government's portrayal in Shin Godzilla was really accurate huh? :uhh:
Just a guy who likes Anime. Could be turning into an Otaku...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”