Evangelion Blu Ray Release 2021

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Evangelion Blu Ray Release 2021

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:00 am

All the Anime have stated that they are doing a full series release and the movies including EOE if you have region B this very relevant to you. It's not clear yet which dub this will come out with I'm hoping both Netflix and the ADV version as well as subs for those that prefer it. ^_^

https://evangelion.alltheanime.com/

Edit

GKIDS are releasing in the US same year with full series and EOE if you need region A for your player like the B region it's not clear yet which dubs it will come with this along with subs .

https://gkids.com/2020/10/03/gkids-acquires-north-american-rights-to-neon-genesis-evangelion/
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Evangelion Blu Ray Release 2021

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:30 am

I think it was GKids who were doing the release in the US? ^_^

AllTheAnime have a pretty good track record with Blu Ray releases in my eyes, their box sets always feel good quality, come with a nice amount of extras and are pretty fan pleasing. I don't quite know what the legal situation is regarding the Dubs or such, but with the Gundam SEED Ultimate Edition Release they are including both the old and new dubs for that, so there is possibly a chance it'll have both on there.

I am very much looking forward to it though. I'll be eagerly hovering over the Pre-Order button when it goes up!

silvermoonlight
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:34 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:I think it was GKids who were doing the release in the US? ^_^

AllTheAnime have a pretty good track record with Blu Ray releases in my eyes, their box sets always feel good quality, come with a nice amount of extras and are pretty fan pleasing. I don't quite know what the legal situation is regarding the Dubs or such, but with the Gundam SEED Ultimate Edition Release they are including both the old and new dubs for that, so there is possibly a chance it'll have both on there.

I am very much looking forward to it though. I'll be eagerly hovering over the Pre-Order button when it goes up!

Yeah, I just found that out and your spot on ^_^

Same here really looking forward to this as I did order the Violet Evergarden series from them and can't wait to see how it plays on the Blu Ray player.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequal As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

FelipeFritschF
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:02 pm

So... this is the (mainland) European release, I guess, and not the GKids NA one, or the Anime Limited UK one? The sites all look very similar like this is part of the same initiative by Khara.

Guess that covers Eva getting a full Western Blurei release, which still other leaves other markets like LA hanging.

Might be worth combining this thread with the other BR releases one, perhaps?

EDIT: Nevermind, AllTheAnime and Anime Limited are the same company. From what I can gather they also release in other European markets besides the UK so this will probably include other languages like Spanish and Italian which might not be part of the GKids NA release.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”