EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:14 pm

I forgot about Gendo, Fuyutsuki and the donkey. I didn't want to be reminded about it. You should guess why.

OK, I'll throw some dung at the wall.

They're going to some excavation site somewhere in the world where they're unearthing another one of the Adams, the future Evangelion 13.

All of this should happen before the 3rd Impact and the birth of WILLE.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:08 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:For that Misato doesn't wield her cross anymore, because now the blood of Kaji his what trigger her.

I'm interested in why Misato no longer has the cross anymore in rebuild. It seemed quite important in the EoE as Shinji carries it around with him during instrumentality and afterwards as well. Another thing is that, Shinji does not have the SDAT player throughout EoE, yet it is featured quite heavily in the Rebuild.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:21 am

View Original Postdzzthink wrote:
View Original PostFXArmaros98#906947 wrote:For that Misato doesn't wield her cross anymore, because now the blood of Kaji his what trigger her.

I'm interested in why Misato no longer has the cross anymore in rebuild. It seemed quite important in the EoE as Shinji carries it around with him during instrumentality and afterwards as well. Another thing is that, Shinji does not have the SDAT player throughout EoE, yet it is featured quite heavily in the Rebuild.

Even more important....where is Asuka's Wonderswann :D ?
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:43 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Another theory: maybe like with Second Impact, Third Impact didn't affected the entire planet, we only saw one half of the world during Operation US, so it's possible that one half is coreifed and the other isn't.

Well the fourth impact was also stopped before it could hit the whole planet remember that Asuka is leaving Shinji and Rei Q in a place where Misato and the others can pick them up. In the trailer we are see Asuka above a tower so I guess is that place where humans can still live, and where maybe they could meet Kaji,Toji, Hikari and Kensuke.@ dzzthink I believe that Misato keeps her cross to wear it only when there is the final fight with Gendo. As I said in my previous post I think we shouldn't be surprised if Shinji gets both the cross and her armband from her when we get to the climax of the film. Also if I remember correctly in Rebuilds the Shinji's SDAT player belonged to Gendo this is why it is such an important object in the plot even more than Misato's cross.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:55 am

View Original Postdzzthink wrote:
View Original PostFXArmaros98#906947 wrote:For that Misato doesn't wield her cross anymore, because now the blood of Kaji his what trigger her.

What are you talking about, Misato still has the cross pendant in Rebuild: Image

As for Misato in Q, we don't know if she still wears the pendant or not, since she's constantly wearing her Captain coat.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:12 pm

ElMariachi I think you misunderstood what I said. I didn't mean that Misato doesn't wear the cross in the whole Rebuilds saga but only in Q, and the reason she doesn't wear it is because she no longer has to avenge her father from the angels, but maybe she believes Kaji is dead and the her bloodstained armband is all she thinks remains of Kaji's shirt. Anyway for me Misato would have the cross in plain sight even if she has the captain's uniform, she probably keeps it in some pocket waiting to take it out when she feels she needs it emotionally.
The description of new teaser at the end of 3.333 hints the Shinji's face-off with Gendo happens after Wunder vs Dark Wunder in final impact, with a scene showing Eva01 back in its cage with Gendo. "Shinji confronts his father Gendo to settle everything." And Shinji decides, farewell to all Evangelion."
If Eva01 is back with Gendo in his floating pyramid then I don't think Misato and WILLE have any choice. I am guessing Gendo captured Eva01 from WILLE during their battle and maybe he wants Shinji to pilot again for some nefarious reasons? That's why Shinji already have his plugsuit on.
What Saint Eva said in this post fills me with hype. I guess in the trailer Ritsuko and Midori were yelling at Misato to shoot Shinji before he is able to board the Nerv-owned flying ship, after the Nerv's ship managed to retrieve the Eva 01 from the AAA Wunder :emogendo: :devil:

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:20 pm

@ElMariachi There's a long running theory that Misato has stopped wearing her cross in 3.0. The idea behind is that Misato would never hide her cross while on her job cuz for her its more than her father's memory but symbolizes her burden and constant reminder of vengeance.

The gradual corefication of the world and the war between Nerv and Wille turning "hot" around the time of Q seems likely.I think by time of Q things had turned so bad that WILLE decided on their dangerous space mission of bringing Eva01 down and use its unlimited power to turn the tide in their favor. The fact they waited for 14 years to capture Eva01 instead of doing 10 or 5 years ago, feels to me that this decision was only made when their all other options were exhausted. Also Wille was willing to lose their best Evas to capture Eva01 feels like Eva02 and 08 are just normal Evas which can never be awakened to godlike forms. Although I wonder if Wille's Wunder (lol pun) was a recent capture or they had it for years and were only using it as a ship while searching for a power source?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:26 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:
View Original Postdzzthink#907136 wrote:

Even more important....where is Asuka's Wonderswann :D ?

Weirdly she probably does still keep that old thing, theres concept art of her playing some type of video game similar to the Wonderswann in Khara 10th anniversary event.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Saint Eva the AAA Wunder is supposed to be the original Mark 09 body (possibly the 11th Angel?)
View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:
The description of new teaser at the end of 3.333 hints the Shinji's face-off with Gendo happens after Wunder vs Dark Wunder in final impact, with a scene showing Eva01 back in its cage with Gendo. "Shinji confronts his father Gendo to settle everything." And Shinji decides, farewell to all Evangelion."
If Eva01 is back with Gendo in his floating pyramid then I don't think Misato and WILLE have any choice. I am guessing Gendo captured Eva01 from WILLE during their battle and maybe he wants Shinji to pilot again for some nefarious reasons? That's why Shinji already have his plugsuit on.
What Saint Eva said in this post fills me with hype. I guess in the trailer Ritsuko and Midori were yelling at Misato to shoot Shinji before he is able to board the Nerv-owned flying ship, after the Nerv's ship managed to retrieve the Eva 01 from the AAA Wunder :emogendo: :devil:
Anyway Saint Eva, do you have a theory about how Shinji will be able to reach his father if the Wille people keep him in custody?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:52 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Saint Eva the AAA Wunder is supposed to be the original Mark 09 body (possibly the 11th Angel?)

At least until now I don't think the theory about the Wunder being the 11th Angel holds a lot of power, it totally didn't account that there's a second Wunder out there. The power to kill God.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:00 pm

EscapismIsBad at the moment what we know that the Mak 09 could be the original body of the Wunder and that the Mark 09 was called by both Mari and Ritsuko as Adams' Vessel.I don't think the black warship presumably belonging to Gendo is to be considered a Dark Wunder or an Anti-Wunder until we have more information.Up until now I have thought of it simply as a means by which Gendo will attempt to slow Wille down to prevent they from further hindering his plans. I don't think Gendo will be stupid enough to put his life and Fuyutsuki's life on the line by piloting the ship himself. That ship is probably piloted by some new type of dummy system, plus in the trailer it looked like the scene where it appears looked like a real surprise attack.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:26 pm

Maybe, but Gendo and Fuyutski are shown piloting the Anti Wunder in their respective last scene in Q, they deliberately have a lot of interest in reviving the project of the Death of God which is the Wunder itself.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:33 pm

View Original PostSaint Eva wrote:The description of new teaser at the end of 3.333 hints the Shinji's face-off with Gendo happens after Wunder vs Dark Wunder in final impact, with a scene showing Eva01 back in its cage with Gendo. "Shinji confronts his father Gendo to settle everything." And Shinji decides, farewell to all Evangelion."

I think their ship can be used mainly to retrieve both Shinji and Eva 01 from AAA Wunder, I suppose Gendo may have such a desire to see Yui again that he even looks for a way to get on the Wunder to convince Shinji to follow him and help him complete his plans by remedying a shot from Misato before he manages to escape, this would explain the damage in Gendo's visor and the fact that both Ritsuko and Midori in the trailer seemed to be freaking out, because Misato has not yet had the courage to kill Shinji when she could.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:11 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:ElMariachi I think you misunderstood what I said. I didn't mean that Misato doesn't wear the cross in the whole Rebuilds saga but only in Q, and the reason she doesn't wear it is because she no longer has to avenge her father from the angels, but maybe she believes Kaji is dead and the her bloodstained armband is all she thinks remains of Kaji's shirt.

Alternatively, since in the trailer she''s seen clutching her arm as if in pain, it's possible that she'll simply be injured and that someone used their armband as a makeshift bandage to try to stop the hemorrhage. (it's interesting to remember that aside from the Eva pilots, Misato is the only WILLE member that doesn't have a blue armband or scarf)
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:26 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:
View Original PostSaint Eva#907113 wrote: I think their ship can be used mainly to retrieve both Shinji and Eva 01 from AAA Wunder, I suppose Gendo may have such a desire to see Yui again that he even looks for a way to get on the Wunder to convince Shinji to follow him and help him complete his plans by remedying a shot from Misato before he manages to escape, this would explain the damage in Gendo's visor and the fact that both Ritsuko and Midori in the trailer seemed to be freaking out, because Misato has not yet had the courage to kill Shinji when she could.

I dont think Shinji will again be on the Wunder. Wille would feel keeping Shinji on Wunder isn't safe for both of them since they would feel Nerv may again try to capture him. Shinji spending his time on Wunder's military environment wouldn't be helpful to him. So next safest place for him should be inside the Lilin city where he should spend majority of his time. This is where he'll recuperate, meet all his old friends, see and learn how the world works (Like Mari told him to) and try to find his place in there.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:27 pm

But how else would he find his way into Eva-01's cockpit again, since that's currently powering the Wunder? (Assuming, for simplicity's sake, we can take the latest trailer at face value.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Sailor Star Dust and Saint Eva I think Gendo himself may be the one who will bring Shinji to Eva 01 once he has managed to steal her from the Wunder.I believe that Shinji can still meet his old friends even if he lives in the Wunder, and I also believe that Misato will always want to keep an eye on him from now on, perhaps giving him a video surveillance room thanks to which she will be able to see his every move.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Hmm, I'm thinking maybe he notices how Rei 6 left so he'll wind up curious (unintentionally follow her? Let's assume she does leave the because her body begins falling apart, like in EoE and Until You Come to Me) and confront Gendo that way. More straightforward approach, and all that.

Of course, any variation's possible, though!

Saint Eva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Saint Eva » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:46 pm

@Sailor Star Dust I think Wille will be successful in stopping the Final Impact battle but Gendo and Dark Wunder will somehow manage to capture Eva01. Maybe at that point Eva02 and 08 have also completely broken down leaving Wille out of options.

So I feel that point Shinji would feel inspired enough and decide he needs go confront his father and settle everything. He would correctly predtict that Gendo won't try to stop his son from coming to meet him. Majority of Wille would oppose but I feel Misato would allow him, heck I think she'll give him her blessings. He's finally gonna have his heart to heart talk with Misato. Some talks with friends and off he'll go.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:48 pm

I'd absolutely love an optimistic shounen mecha approach like that! It, uh, certainly beats an alternative with Eva-01 violently tearing herself out of the Wunder -o-;

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”