If you were to write a post-3.0 fanfiction, what would you put in?

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

If you were to write a post-3.0 fanfiction, what would you put in?

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:35 pm

-Ben Shapiro impression voice-
Let's just say, hypothetically, that you were to make a post-3.0 fanfiction, as a sort of your own fan-made continuation. If you were to go through with it, how you would proceed the lore while maintaining the true "Evangelion essence" in the story? Would you add new lore aspects? Create dialogue regarding what truly happened in the last 14 years between 2.0 and 3.0? How would you do it?
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: If you were to write a post-3.0 fanfiction, what would you put in?

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:43 am

I don't know, honestly. I'm not that interested in writing fanfiction, so I've never thought about it. If I were to do it, then I think I would wait for Shin to get a better idea of NTE as a whole-its mythology, characters, themes, messages etc. Starting straight from 3.33 does run the risk of doing things that won't make the fic look good post-Shin, be it either false motivations, impossible tech, OOC or whatever.

After the release of Shin, I'd ask myself what I want to do with this fiction and why I want to do it-in short, examine the pros and cons of writing it. Do I have an interesting idea that makes sense when compared to what we've seen from NTE and do I have a point to make with it? Not saying you can't just write for fun, but it doesn't hurt to do something that has (a) theme(s)/message(s). And then lastly, I'd look at what I consider to be the point of NTE and wonder whether my potential fic is against what it stipulates and if it is, I wouldn't do it.

Those are the things I would do. I'm not going to give any actual ideas because I don't have any. Of course, if you just want to write something for fun, you can do it and not worry at all about any kind of inconsistencies. Fanfiction is primarily a fun way of spending time by making up stories with your favorite fictional characters in your favorite fictional worlds, so there's no need for any of it to follow the rules of anyone's personal desires in the slightest.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: If you were to write a post-3.0 fanfiction, what would you put in?

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:16 am

Having thought over this last night, I'm certain that one thing I'd do is explain that the reason why Asuka and Misato are so grouchy towards Shinji is because they already gave up on ever seeing him again years ago. They've made peace with the thought of him being gone and gotten closure.

Then he suddenly shows up again and messes it all up by acting as if nothing happened, right in the middle of an already stressful situation. Of course they'd lose their cool; letting him go the first time around was already painful enough, they do NOT want to have to deal with this shit AGAIN.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Return to “Fanfiction”