Question about User Count

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

glitz2hard
Adam

Question about User Count

•      
  •      

Postby glitz2hard » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:20 am

I've done a lot of research, and I haven't found any Eva merch drops, 3.0+1.0 news, or important announcements around January 13th of this year. So why was that the day we had the most users online?

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Question about User Count

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:59 am

In some alternate universe, that's the day Shin Eva was released, and we all felt that.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Question about User Count

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:13 am

Considering that the site usuallyonly has around 50-100 people online at any given time, most of them being without an account, I'd go off on a hitch and say that most of these 23400 were bots of some fashion; it's nothing uncommon to have large quantities of webcrawler bots visit a public site at once, the only reason you don't hear about it a lot is because most sites don't make these numbers public
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”