Temporary Block on Registrations

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Temporary Block on Registrations

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:21 pm

EGF is currently weathering hostile action from an outside group. Until this storm has passed, the staff have instituted a block on the creation of new accounts.

Please be patient. :kaos_bow:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Derantor
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Temporary Block on Registrations

Postby Derantor » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:50 pm

I don't really understand all this. About a week ago Reichu made a post saying that new registrations are closed, and that the forum is only visible to members or something like that. That post got removed/deleted/whatever, and the forum was made visible again and registrations were opened as well. So, apparently, Reichu was in error? Now, Reichu is not an Admin anymore, according to the teampage, and you post the same message again.

So, what's going on here? Will there be an attack? Won't there be? Who is this "outside group"? Why is this "hostile action" happening?
My writing on Ao3 and FFN

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:47 am

The Internet has many bad actors, and some have turned their attention to a moderation decision on this forum which they dislike. You could say that it comes down to whether a forum can be run by its owners and staff, or should be at the whim of others. To explain in more detail would take too long, and not be as edifying as you'd hope.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:17 pm

I'm going to second Derantor's confusion in regards to this whole "thing"?

And frankly I'm baffled by any group attacking a small forum and the why behind said "attack"(being very bad at computers and the internet in general I don't know what an attack even means in this context).

Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:28 pm

Please refer to the following thread for an official statement:

thread/20298/Announcement-regarding-recent-forum-changes/

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:03 am

The temporary block on registrations has been lifted.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”